Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Weird one today. We played very well but the result was never in doubt too. Even when we were a goal up!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love Barcoā€™s energy but he struggles to keep possession under pressure. Noticed that on his international debut too. Why I think he will only get minutes until heā€™s better at manoeuvring himself out of defensive blocks or just making better decisions about the right time to pass to teammates rather than trying to be a solo maestro šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Mate, he's 15.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I have a big respect and I believe so much in my players."

"I know we are in a tough moment but I know what the level of the people inside my dressing room is. We'd like to make our fans happy again and we are working for that."

On talks with Brighton owner Tony Bloom and his future:

"I am lucky because I have a clear idea and in my life I decide always what I want to do. I will speak with Tony and the club and we will find a solution together without problems but I know my future and what I want."

"I want to compete and keep my ambition high because my life is football. I want to wake up happy every morning and fight to reach the maximum."

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Mate, he's 15.
He actually is not - heā€™s 19 šŸ˜
- But so what? Young players are not immune from evaluation just because they are young - the EPL isnā€™t a nursery - heā€˜ll not be getting lots of latitude in training because he is young. He the same age of several of our other young players but is not as emotionally mature as a football player imo. My comment is based on an evaluation of where I see he is at and a fair one at that - I was simply pointing out a single weakness that I see in his game at the moment - something that will improve with training - again, something that has been noted by others.

Btw you didnā€™t see my positive follow up comment I take it ( quoted below) in response to another poster suggesting he go out on loan (and you are also unaware of the many other posts I have made since we signed him, praising his talent, attacking mentality, ability to run with the ball and great long passing.)

think he probably just lacks emotional maturity
and an understanding of whatā€™s being asked systematically at the moment - the talent is there so increasing minutes and training will be enough (depending on his willingness to listen to his coaches!)

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wrong thread DOH................

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC MOTD

"I would have loved to not be 1-0 down, I would love to have been four or five nil up but that's the best we played against De Zerbi's Brighton."

"Playing wise it was really good, defending wise, yes always a struggle but there's been games against Brighton we were never close but this time we were calm."

"Brighton have incredible quality. That is the measure I have for how good we were today because I really respect them. They had chances, they took more risks all of a sudden and we got slightly tired."

Of course it's always easy to be generous in victory, but Klopp's observations are a helpful anchor in the storm of disappointment.
Yes, I think Klopp's respect for RDZ and Brighton is genuine. Klopp knows that RDZ has brought new ideas to the PL.

This season, watching the PL, I believe a number of teams are trying to play out from the back more like we do. Maybe I'm watching through Albion tinted specs...but that's what I think.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you genuinely think this poster has mental health issues then responding 4 times in a couple of minutes to their posts, and in that tone, possibly isn't the most sensitive thing to do.

Let's try and be kind to each other.
Sometimes I think a lot of posters overdo things. I got called a prick the other day ā€¦. Iā€™m trying not to be. So yeah be kind.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, I think Klopp's respect for RDZ and Brighton is genuine. Klopp knows that RDZ has brought new ideas to the PL.

This season, watching the PL, I believe a number of teams are trying to play out from the back more like we do. Maybe I'm watching through Albion tinted specs...but that's what I think.
Agree completely with this - I also imagined England doing a little of that last week too with Dunky at the back - At least I think I imagined it!

Iā€™m glad his has the public endorsement of managers like Klopp ( and Pep has said similar) - that must be very reassuring. If I were a manager that would mean more to me than anything negative an armchair fan might have to say about my qualities. šŸ™

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He actually is not - he is 19 but your cutting sarcasm and sensitivity is noted.

But so what? Young players are not immune from evaluation just because they are young - the EPL isnā€™t a nursery - heā€˜ll not be getting lots of latitude in training because he is young. He the same age of several of our other young players but is not as emotionally mature as a football player imo. My comment is based on an evaluation of where I see he is at and a fair one at that - Boca commentators have said similar about his maturity level. As for struggling with defenders, I was simply pointing out a single weakness that I see in his game at the moment - something that will improve with training - again, something that has been noted by others, so stop being so precious. šŸ™„

Btw you also ignored my follow up comment too ( quoted below) in response to another poster suggesting he go out on loan (and you are also apparently unaware of the many other posts I have made since we signed him, praising his talent, attacking mentality, ability to run with the ball and great long passing.)
I think all he meant was that he's young, with the implication that he will learn :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Because I hate his style of play. I hate the fact that football brings me no f***ing joy when i watch us.
Were you supporting us in the last season with Hughton?

The toothless first 2 seasons under Potter?

Come on fella, we're all gutted we lost, but shirley this is still better than a lot of the bilge we've had in the recent past.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I dont think so - the ā€˜mateā€™ and cursive sarcasm suggested it was a reproof - that is how it comes across - not as an endorsement of what I was saying - that he still needs to grow up a bit. We know Barco is young - that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t point out a weakness in his game - I said that he will improve with training and minutes - surely that is an implication that he will learn without having it repeated back - I said too that he doesnā€™t need to go out on loan - in fact my praise of Barco has been up there more than most people since the day we signed him.

Have you ever known me to be over critical
of our players or unfairly scapegoat them for being young? I dunno - people are either getting criticised on NSC for being too positive or getting criticised for being too negative - itā€™s like everyone is on a heightened state of alert for anything anyone says for or against the club/manager/players :lolol:

How about everyone just take the middle road and be more realistic without being Pollyanna or Chickin Lickin about the Club or the players - we would all probably get along much better - the posts quoted above this one being a case in point šŸ˜‚
Seriously, I don't think so. He's not like that.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I dont think so - the ā€˜mateā€™ and cursive sarcasm suggested it was a reproof - that is how it comes across - not as an endorsement of what I was saying - that he still needs to grow up a bit. We know Barco is young - that doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t point out a weakness in his game - I said that he will improve with training and minutes - surely that is an implication that he will learn without having it repeated back - I said too that he doesnā€™t need to go out on loan - in fact my praise of Barco has been up there more than most people since the day we signed him.

Have you ever known me to be over critical
of our players or unfairly scapegoat them for being young? I dunno - people are either getting criticised on NSC for being too positive or getting criticised for being too negative - itā€™s like everyone is on a heightened state of alert for anything anyone says for or against the club/manager/players :lolol:

How about everyone just take the middle road and be more realistic without being Pollyanna or Chickin Lickin about the Club or the players - we would all probably get along much better - the posts quoted above this one being a case in point šŸ˜‚
Someone takes comments on NSC way to seriously.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Seriously, I don't think so. He's not like that.
Fair enough - Iā€™ll take your word for it - it sounded like a dig because I was criticising a young player but you know I donā€™t read nuance so I will delete my earlier reply to you šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Someone takes comments on NSC way to seriously.
Someone canā€™t always read the intention of peopleā€™s post which is why H took the trouble to respond but I guess this one is just you taking the opportunity to pile in? Correct me if Im wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here