Date: Sunday 31st March 2024
Kick-off: 14:00 BST
Referee: David Coote
Assistants: Timothy Wood, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Craig Pawson
VAR: Paul Tierney
Additional VAR: Dan Cook

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool will assess left-back Andrew Robertson, whose ankle injury is not thought to be as serious as originally feared.

Curtis Jones, Darwin Nunez and Ibrahima Konate have all trained and should be available but Diogo Jota, Alisson and Trent Alexander-Arnold remain out.

Brighton may be able to welcome back James Milner and Joao Pedro, while Billy Gilmour returns from suspension.

However, Jack Hinshelwood, Solly March and Kauro Mitoma all remain out.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Liverpool have won just one of the past seven Premier League meetings, a 2-0 away victory in March 2022 (D4, L2).
  • The Reds are winless in three home league fixtures versus Brighton since beating them 2-1 in November 2019.
Liverpool
  • Liverpool are on a 31-match unbeaten home run in all competitions (W26, D5).
  • However, they have only kept one clean sheet in their previous 11 fixtures at Anfield.
  • Jurgen Klopp's side have dropped points in seven of their last eight league matches against teams currently in the top half of the table.
  • They have earned a league-high 23 points from losing positions this season.
  • Mohamed Salah has 20 goals and five assists across his last 19 Premier League starts at Anfield.
  • Alexis Mac Allister has two goals and three assists in his last four league games, having managed just one of each in his first 19 appearances for the club.
Albion
  • Brighton could win consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since a run of three in September.
  • However, a defeat will mean they lose four successive away games in all competitions for the first time in nearly five years.
  • They have just one win in their last eight away league outings (D2, L5).
  • Albion's total of 12 Premier League goals from substitutes this season is more than any other side.
  • Roberto De Zerbi is unbeaten in all four of his meetings with Liverpool (W2, D2), including a 3-3 draw at Anfield in his first match in charge.
  • Evan Ferguson is now without a goal in 22 appearances for club and country.
  • Danny Welbeck's next Premier League appearance will be his 100th for Brighton.

Roberto De Zerbi's Liverpool Press Conference

Last edited:

Logically it would make sense to prioritise the easier trip on Wednesday with returning players like Pedro etc and I say this as one of those heading norf now. I hope we give them a scare today but in a year when they’ve strengthened a fair bit and we have weakened it’s asking a lot but while there’s life there’s hope

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Liverpool away, - we used to think it was a foregone conclusion that we we would lose. Now? Kits only that they are favourites to win . We still have injuries but if Pedro can make an appearance, that would be great !
Right now I would take a point,, :albion2:

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Liverpool away, - we used to think it was a foregone conclusion that we we would lose. Now? Kits only that they are favourites to win . We still have injuries but if Pedro can make an appearance, that would be great !
Right now I would take a point,, :albion2:
It’s been confirmed that Pedro won’t be making an appearance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here