Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere (get me if so) but Trossard's goal has a lot to do with Sanchez. I don't enjoy his lackadaisical out balls at times but the way he absolutely pinged the ball out wide was incredible and as good a pass as the top midfielders make. The quality and pace of the ball bypassed their midfield and got Lalanna up with Trossard. What a player, athlete and footballer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
After a hellish day returning from a family holiday (thanks to Highways Agency deciding to dig up the actual M27 on a half term weekend) I only caught the score and was therefore very happy this was game of the day on Sky. And what a choice.

The first half was by no means poor and at times pretty decent. However, in giving them a little too much room and a little too much of the ball we put the fine margins in their favour, with one exception; if Sanchez's error results in 3-0 instead of handball we're getting battered.

The second half is probably one of the best 45s we've played under Potter. Looked very much like we were the top ranked Champions League side and they were the side with 4 years EPL experience. Frustrating that Tross was just a fraction offside for the "winner" but then they had two ruled out in the first half.

In many ways silencing a full Anfield is a better achievement than beating them in an empty ground with no VVD just after Burnley had done the same thing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere (get me if so) but Trossard's goal has a lot to do with Sanchez. I don't enjoy his lackadaisical out balls at times but the way he absolutely pinged the ball out wide was incredible and as good a pass as the top midfielders make. The quality and pace of the ball bypassed their midfield and got Lalanna up with Trossard. What a player, athlete and footballer.

The BBC website I think acknowledged it started with Sanchez - either there or the Guardian, or both.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The BBC website I think acknowledged it started with Sanchez - either there or the Guardian, or both.

Well I think we've established that these sites are terrible mouth pieces of so called experts who only ever represent the interests of the Liberal Elite.

What do The Sun say? They generally have their finger on the pulse when it comes to Liverpool.

:whistle:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Best football match of the Premier league era today albeit i think i said similar v Leicester. Think we would have been well worthy of 3 points to be honest, class performance

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Last time I was mostly concerned Salah would run absolute riot against us was that first season in the prem, when he was banging in goals like they were going out of fashion (although tbf that is most of the time).

He didn't score, HA.

(We lost 5-1)

he didn't need to Lewis was their top scorer that day....2 own goals.:lolol:

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
7A1EC939-1C49-4C3A-ACA6-30F1E23C9628.jpeg
**** me.

Gutted.

Right decision.

What a game this is.

So many emotions ???

That offside was a lot closer than looks. Defenders foot is very much inline with Trossard. Would like to have seen the VAR lines.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I could watch those for hours!! Virgil van Dijk didn't know what was going on!!

Exactly.

Not to take anything away from Trossard's goal, but that was poor defending from Liverpool. Van Dijk looked as though he just wasn't on the pace at all, and we just played round him. As for Robertson's challenge, Trossard feigned a shot, and then just sidestepped him as if he wasn't there. Great play from Trossard, but weak from Robertson.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On the BBC comments, there’s a Liverpool fan saying how Palace used to be their bogey side but now it’s Brighton. Must be a young ‘un because we were Liverpool’s bogey side before ‘them’ too - just read Ian Rush or Kenny Dalglish’s biographies, both acknowledge us as such at the height of their powers.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a fantastic performance. So much for Lawrenson opinion that mad to attack Liverpool. In any game at Liverpool etc always chance of everything going for you and hanging on for a result but so rare to be the side pushing for a win to the end.
We have been crying out for midfielders to get in and around box and who would have believed it would happen at Anfield. All played well but having Bissouma back in holding role makes such a difference.
Good for everybody that attended . Is the atmosphere as good as it appears. Does our GOSBTS drown out When You Walk ?

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Do it with the pitch markings to the right and you'll get a completely different result.

You're not taking into account the change in perspective from the camera - your ruler should be wider at the bottom and thinner at the top for the correct angles.

Which is why it's probably best to refer to the penalty area lines as they already take this perspective into account...

Indeed! Don’t know if a regular thing but the pitch grass cutting markings are not straight with the white line markings. Just Assumed most are which helps the assistants and VAR.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed! Don’t know if a regular thing but the pitch grass cutting markings are not straight with the white line markings. Just Assumed most are which helps the assistants and VAR.

They are.

Hence that’s why in the EPL grounds men are not allowed to mow in pretty patterns anymore

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Was so proud of the team yesterday.

When that first disallowed goal went it I was worried that we might be on the end of a morale sapping performance, but to take the game like the scruff of the neck like that and match them toe to toe was brilliant.

First class. Chapeau. Buzzing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here