Date: Saturday 30th October 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Edward Smart, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Naby Keita is available but fellow midfielders Fabinho and Thiago remain out.

James Milner will also definitely miss out with a thigh injury sustained against Manchester United.

Brighton will be without defender Dan Burn, who injured his knee in the midweek EFL Cup defeat by Leicester.

Yves Bissouma returned as a substitute during that tie after more than a month out with a knee problem.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's 1-0 win in last season's corresponding fixture was their first Premier League victory over Liverpool.
    [*=left]Having won their first six Premier League meetings against Brighton, Liverpool earned just one point against them last season.
Liverpool

• [*=left]Liverpool could go 24 matches unbeaten in all competitions for the first time since 1989.
    [*=left]The Reds can also make it 20 Premier League games without defeat since a 1-0 home defeat against Fulham in March (W14, D5).
    [*=left]Liverpool's tally of 27 goals in nine league fixtures so far this season is their best at this stage of a top-flight campaign since scoring 28 in 1987-88.
    [*=left]Mohamed Salah is only the third player to score 10 Premier League goals after nine games, following Les Ferdinand in 1995-96 and Dominic Calvert-Lewin last season.
    [*=left]The Egyptian has five goals and four assists from his eight previous Premier League appearances against Brighton.
    [*=left]Jurgen Klopp is one short of 200 victories in charge of Liverpool in all competitions.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have gone four Premier League matches without a win.
    [*=left]However, the Seagulls remain unbeaten in their four away league games this season - it's their longest run from the start of a top-flight season (W2, D2).
    [*=left]The 18 goals scored in Brighton's Premier League fixtures this season is a joint-low with Wolves.
    [*=left]All three of Alexis Mac Allister's Premier League goals have come as a substitute.
    [*=left]Shane Duffy could make his 100th Premier League appearance for Albion.

Graham Potter's Liverpool Press Conference

[tweet]1454432968542466049[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1454432968542466049

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
can't see anything but a good , old fashioned dry rooting i'm afraid.

Yep. I would be ASTOUNDED if we get anything from this. Win and I'll change my signature to, "All hail sydney, NSC's greatest ever poster."

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Last time I was mostly concerned Salah would run absolute riot against us was that first season in the prem, when he was banging in goals like they were going out of fashion (although tbf that is most of the time).

He didn't score, HA.

(We lost 5-1)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I want to be positive, but given our recent form ,and theirs, only a wild optimist would predict a victory.
But come on, it is Saturday at 3 o’clock, it’s The Albion so I will settle down by my radio determined to enjoy it ......win,draw or lose.

[Edit.. thanks Dick for this thread. Super reliable as always]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Can never get excited about these games; just hope we keep the score down. Looking forward to next weekend's game already. Kudos to those making the long trip up there. These games must be dull for Liverpool fans too, just turning up wondering how many they'll put past us. Such a shame the PL has become so uneven, and becoming more so.

Yes I know we took points off them last season, and you never know, but they are a different beast again this season.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Trousers down for a good ol' arse whopping for this one! Nailed on for the Scousers, just hope we keep the score down to save our embarrassment, but, having supported the Albion for many years I always have a chink of light that expects the unexpected.. it happened last season and you never know, for Liverpool it could be a case of "after the Lord Mayor's show"...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A plea. Don't join in the inevitable cringeworthy chant: we pay your benefits. Ignorant and embarassing.

Otherwise, get behind the team and enjoy the game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A plea. Don't join in the inevitable cringeworthy chant: we pay your benefits. Ignorant and embarassing.

Otherwise, get behind the team and enjoy the game.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk
Yes agree an outdated chant, we pay your universal credit would be more appropriate.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Connolly is having a sh1t game today. What, not playing? They haven't kicked off yet? Oh well, doesn't matter. We'd better give him a good online kicking now in case he puts a boot on the pitch. Important to get in early and carry on from the Leicester match thread. That's what most NSC football threads are for now, yes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Attacking Liverpool will be suicide says Mark Lawrenson, has anyone told Potter?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’m of the feeling ‘this is so blindingly obviously a comfy win for Liverpool that we’ll get a draw’.

I’m going for 1-1.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Potter is better than Lawrenson.

And as Lallana said after the Leicester match, something along the lines of we’d rather go done fighting than park the bus.

Sorry, meant to quote @IcyGull above

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connolly is having a sh1t game today. What, not playing? They haven't kicked off yet? Oh well, doesn't matter. We'd better give him a good online kicking now in case he puts a boot on the pitch. Important to get in early and carry on from the Leicester match thread. That's what most NSC football threads are for now, yes?

Might as well start the player rating too.

That's nothing but an exercise in confirmation bias.
The main contributors already have their scores and pithy one liner done and ready to go, irrespective of what the TV director shows them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here