Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool fans criteria to get a ticket for cup game .....

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
70k fans on waiting list for STH and closed for 5 years.

i know 2 Liverpool STH's where I live, one uses his Dad's and he is in his 90's and never goes, another uses a friends who now resides in Germany and attends one game a season.

If Liverpool started imposing ID checks it would cause mayhem
Didn’t Man Utd have an “amnesty“ about a decade and found out they had 1200 dead season ticket holders

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Your grandson has been brought up properly, but is in a minority these days. Most kids don’t go, too expensive. Fact. So end up Follow players, cemented by PS2 etc, and major clubs only. Not even British ones half time. Literally don’t know clubs outside PL, rest of pyramid is a mystery.
Depends where you live. Loads of kids round here watch Tranmere live and follow Liverpool or Everton as their prem team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not denying it’s expensive and out of the reach for some families but attendances through all levels of football - including non league - are actually at historically high levels.so Kids do go. Fact. Of course many follow football in other ways through games or play (4.5m under 16s play regularly) or screens. TV viewers are also at high levels for many forms of the game. Self evidently more kids watch or follow Albion regularly at the Amex in a generation - probably ever.
Ot course they go. Just majority don’t. Do the maths. Will leave there.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Without wishing to go off topic too much, I totally agree about our current away following.

I’ve been told on here that I’m selfish for wanting to sit down.

At the Charlton cup game, I was told by a young kid who was standing in the front row “not my problem” when I pointed out that nobody behind him could see.
Can't remember ever going to an away game and seeing people sitting?!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Going for £130 to £170
Seems totally f***ed up - their system is completely flawed, and so shit for genuine fans who'd love the opportunity to go. How have they not addressed it!?

All very well supporting one of the big guns but less great if you actually want to attend a game (we all know most of die-hard plastics around the country couldn't care less about actually attending a game in the flesh, but those locals who are genuine fans)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

i know 2 Liverpool STH's where I live, one uses his Dad's and he is in his 90's and never goes, another uses a friends who now resides in Germany and attends one game a season.

Is that because of the language barrier ???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
?? Brighton has a loyalty scheme. And it’s not based on “money spent at the club “ - other than tickets .
You have to be a member or a season ticket holder to get tickets first in windows but every PL club now does this. Including Liverpool.

Of course it’s based on money spent with the club - all loyalty schemes are… I’m making the point liverpools allows a route for those who only do cup games, if they go to them consistently, to also be in the first wave.

With Brighton’s that’d be literally impossible, all tickets are offered to STHs only in the first few waves.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never bothered looking at seatpick before but those prices! £25 ticket going for £169. Good news is there are no hidden fees and that is the final price, crazy.
Brighton at Wembley maybe I'd pay but a 4th round cup game?
Now I've seen it though, I'll check the seats next to me for EPL games and see if they are being offered on this site.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Liverpool fans, ID checks? Oh no no no…….that would be unjust and unfair.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not denying it’s expensive and out of the reach for some families but attendances through all levels of football - including non league - are actually at historically high levels.so Kids do go. Fact. Of course many follow football in other ways through games or play (4.5m under 16s play regularly) or screens. TV viewers are also at high levels for many forms of the game. Self evidently more kids watch or follow Albion regularly at the Amex in a generation - probably ever.
I agree. Was just the same as now back in my day growing up in the 70's at school. Many more Liverpool, Arsenal and man u fans amongst my friends than Albion.

Now at the primary school where I work there are plenty of Brighton fans mixed in amongst all the plastics.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Liverpool games for away fans is a closed shop, you can understand why a club like that would introduce ID ticketing but they just don't care touts are galore selling for over face value.
Probably far easier - and cheaper - for Liverpool fans to score a ticket in our end than in their end

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No wonder they all turn up without tickets and try and blag their way in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here