Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool fans criteria to get a ticket for cup game .....

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Jeez look at this, they have to have attended a cup game away at Shrewsbury in January 2020 to be in the first guaranteed wave (or be season ticket holders) :)

Ticket Sales: Tickets will be available to Season Ticket Holders and Official Members
ONLINE based on the following FA Cup away fixtures recorded during the 2022-23 and 2019-20 seasons:

• Wolverhampton Wanderers (17.01.23)
  • Chelsea (03.03.2020)
  • Shrewsbury Town (26.01.2020)
First sale | Season Ticket Holders and Official Members who recorded THREE of the above FA Cup away fixtures: from 8.15am on Thursday January 19 until 7.30am on Friday January 20.

First sale status: Guaranteed – one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per booking.

Second sale | Season Ticket Holders and Official Members who recorded TWO or more of the above FA Cup away fixtures: from 8.15am on Friday January 20 until 7.30am on Monday January 23.

Second sale status: NOT guaranteed – first come first served basis. One ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of four tickets per booking.

ONLY IN THE EVENT TICKETS REMAIN

Third sale | Season Ticket Holders and Official Members who recorded ONE or more of the above FA Cup away fixtures:
from 8.15am until 11am on Monday January 23.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Last time I looked, which was a few years ago now, for an PL away game you had to have bought a ticket for about 15 away games in the league the previous season to qualify.
In other words, you either go to every game and always have done, or are in a group of people who between them go to every game and always have done.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Liverpool is basically a closed shop, they don’t really care who actually gets the tickets so the same people at the top buy a ticket for everything and then move it on.

I know someone down here that manages it, it picks and chooses and sells the rest. Even for home games he arranges for his mates to ‘walk’ someone in with his season ticket to keep the points up

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Stupid that one person can buy TEN tickets.

FFS.
Thought that was buying for their group (who all need to be eligible).

one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per booking

One ticket per qualifying supporter. So it is a maximum friends and family purchase size of 10 tickets.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Liverpool is basically a closed shop, they don’t really care who actually gets the tickets so the same people at the top buy a ticket for everything and then move it on.

I know someone down here that manages it, it picks and chooses and sells the rest. Even for home games he arranges for his mates to ‘walk’ someone in with his season ticket to keep the points up
Yep, I can confirm that. Nigh on impossible to buy tickets unless you know the right people. It’s a utopian dream for many posters on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thought that was buying for their group (who all need to be eligible).

one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per booking

One ticket per qualifying supporter. So it is a maximum friends and family purchase size of 10 tickets.
That is possible, but my point still stands. It doesn't give others a chance to buy tickets.

Support your local team kids. What is the point of supporting Liverpool?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That is possible, but my point still stands. It doesn't give others a chance to buy tickets.

Support your local team kids. What is the point of supporting Liverpool?
Most kids support who their parents support. For the longest time, we were shit, so growing up in the 90’s for example most kids supported Manchester United or Arsenal and the top sides.

As we maintain our PL status, the next generation will be (hopefully) growing up with a top Albion side, and that’ll get passed down to their kids…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
going to be a lot of perm hairdo’s at this one…

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The Liverpool games for away fans is a closed shop, you can understand why a club like that would introduce ID ticketing but they just don't care touts are galore selling for over face value.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Most kids support who their parents support. For the longest time, we were shit, so growing up in the 90’s for example most kids supported Manchester United or Arsenal and the top sides.

As we maintain our PL status, the next generation will be (hopefully) growing up with a top Albion side, and that’ll get passed down to their kids…
That was true in olden days perhaps but now kids follow players and PlayStation than partisan allegiances. Oh, and multiple clubs domestic and international. Hence why half and half scarves sell so well. It’s shit parenting basically, but then that’s not use in many other values too!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

70k fans on waiting list for STH and closed for 5 years.

i know 2 Liverpool STH's where I live, one uses his Dad's and he is in his 90's and never goes, another uses a friends who now resides in Germany and attends one game a season.

If Liverpool started imposing ID checks it would cause mayhem

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Doesn’t this actually seem like a sensible way to do it, because loyal members who attend all cup games are guaranteed to be in the first wave, irrespective of whether they are season ticket holders?

A much better system than Brighton’s which is based more around money spent at the club rather than loyalty or quality of fan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn’t this actually seem like a sensible way to do it, because loyal members who attend all cup games are guaranteed to be in the first wave, irrespective of whether they are season ticket holders?

A much better system than Brighton’s which is based more around money spent at the club rather than loyalty or quality of fan.
But most of those loyal members don’t actually go; they just sell the tickets on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yes I agree, the lads that used to go to aways back in the lower league days even championship were a lot better class of fan than now. Went to Arsenal away this season a rare away trip for me. Arrogant twats standing up in front of older fans who then couldn’t see the game because they had to sit. There was a time when we used to look out for each other at aways.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
70k fans on waiting list for STH and closed for 5 years.

i know 2 Liverpool STH's where I live, one uses his Dad's and he is in his 90's and never goes, another uses a friends who now resides in Germany and attends one game a season.

If Liverpool started imposing ID checks it would cause mayhem
They absolutely should though. There are kids I teach and neighbours who would absolutely love to buy tickets but are locked out of the closed shop.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Just seems exactly the same as the our friends and family scheme with the ability to assign tickets at the checkout. 🤷‍♀️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here