Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Liverpool fans criteria to get a ticket for cup game .....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just seems exactly the same as the our friends and family scheme with the ability to assign tickets at the checkout. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
It is, but without the ID checks etc itā€™s a licence for groups to jump in and buy their 10 (bet there are loads that have been set up for donkeyā€™s years to do this) and sell/distribute as they wish (as was happening with us until PB stopped it), hence the completely closed shop for Liverpool fans and amount of touting seen at their games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And people moan about our away ticket system...
Those moaning would probably rejoice in that as validation of their assumed stature as Super Fans.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes I agree, the lads that used to go to aways back in the lower league days even championship were a lot better class of fan than now. Went to Arsenal away this season a rare away trip for me. Arrogant twats standing up in front of older fans who then couldnā€™t see the game because they had to sit. There was a time when we used to look out for each other at aways.
Without wishing to go off topic too much, I totally agree about our current away following.

Iā€™ve been told on here that Iā€™m selfish for wanting to sit down.

At the Charlton cup game, I was told by a young kid who was standing in the front row ā€œnot my problemā€ when I pointed out that nobody behind him could see.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
How many tickets are we giving them for this FA cup game?
I know opponents all get 3,000 for league games, but I think they are allowed more for cup?

Expect a fair few Sussex-based armchair Liverpool supporters to try their luck ....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Doesnā€™t this actually seem like a sensible way to do it, because loyal members who attend all cup games are guaranteed to be in the first wave, irrespective of whether they are season ticket holders?

A much better system than Brightonā€™s which is based more around money spent at the club rather than loyalty or quality of fan.
?? Brighton has a loyalty scheme. And itā€™s not based on ā€œmoney spent at the club ā€œ - other than tickets .
You have to be a member or a season ticket holder to get tickets first in windows but every PL club now does this. Including Liverpool.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
And people moan about our away ticket system...
Our away ticket system seems fair to me.....the only people who seem to complain are theose who want to go to the occasional away game....normally London and they cant get a ticket.....the guys (and girls) who go to most /all away games should always get first dibs..

Our away scheme was devised by TB so I cant see it changing anytime soon. ( and it shouldnt change)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Great idea, I only got an 83 cup final ticket because I had a voucher from the Stoke league match that season
I had one too but also they let you buy 4 if you bought a season ticket for 83/84, first time I bought one. Before that I only bought at the gate even though I went to nearly all the home matches.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It is, but without the ID checks etc itā€™s a licence for groups to jump in and buy their 10 (bet there are loads that have been set up for donkeyā€™s years to do this) and sell/distribute as they wish (as was happening with us until PB stopped it), hence the completely closed shop for Liverpool fans and amount of touting seen at their games.
Several touts outside (Liverpool end) The Amex last week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Without wishing to go off topic too much, I totally agree about our current away following.

Iā€™ve been told on here that Iā€™m selfish for wanting to sit down.

At the Charlton cup game, I was told by a young kid who was standing in the front row ā€œnot my problemā€ when I pointed out that nobody behind him could see.
Totally agree with you, and if clubs are installing safe standing areas, then the first three rows should be excluded and made seating only, to accommodate those that prefer or need to sit.

el punal

That was true in olden days perhaps but now kids follow players and PlayStation than partisan allegiances. Oh, and multiple clubs domestic and international. Hence why half and half scarves sell so well. Itā€™s shit parenting basically, but then thatā€™s not use in many other values too!
Not too sure about that one. My grandson follows football avidly, knows all the players and the teams but is an absolute fanatical Albion supporter - so partisan allegiance is definitely foremost.

Also, I donā€™t think your comment on half and half scarves rings true. Your point seems to imply that kids that only follow players and PlayStation will buy half and half scarves - surely they wouldnā€™t even bother to be at the game?

I must admit Iā€™ve never understood why people bother with half nā€™half tat. If you want to be a true supporter buy a scarf at the club shop of whoever you support rather than give money to some dubious street seller.

P.S. They didnā€™t do half and half scarves in the ā€˜oldenā€™ days - bobble hat, rosette and a rattle were the order of the day back then. :wink:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
4500 (15%) Liverpool fans decending on the Amex along with loads more who, as usual, are bound to be sat next to me. For this game, and the fact locals may struggle to get tickets, I will ask for any away fans sat next to me to be removed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That was true in olden days perhaps but now kids follow players and PlayStation than partisan allegiances. Oh, and multiple clubs domestic and international. Hence why half and half scarves sell so well. Itā€™s shit parenting basically, but then thatā€™s not use in many other values too!
I'm pleased to report that both my boys are avid Albion supporters. I guess that makes me a f***ing fantastic parent :O

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I will ask for any away fans sat next to me to be removed.
Why ? Never really understood the issue personally. Wish it was more like rugby where different fans can mingle quite happily.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why ? Never really understood the issue personally. Wish it was more like rugby where different fans can mingle quite happily.
Yes, so do I. But personally I'm fed up with paying for a seat and having verbals from the two people sat next to me who have somehow purchased tickets and yet live miles away and support the away team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not too sure about that one. My grandson follows football avidly, knows all the players and the teams but is an absolute fanatical Albion supporter - so partisan allegiance is definitely foremost.

Also, I donā€™t think your comment on half and half scarves rings true. Your point seems to imply that kids that only follow players and PlayStation will buy half and half scarves - surely they wouldnā€™t even bother to be at the game?

I must admit Iā€™ve never understood why people bother with half nā€™half tat. If you want to be a true supporter buy a scarf at the club shop of whoever you support rather than give money to some dubious street seller.

P.S. They didnā€™t do half and half scarves in the ā€˜oldenā€™ days - bobble hat, rosette and a rattle were the order of the day back then. :wink:
Your grandson has been brought up properly, but is in a minority these days. Most kids donā€™t go, too expensive. Fact. So end up Follow players, cemented by PS2 etc, and major clubs only. Not even British ones half time. Literally donā€™t know clubs outside PL, rest of pyramid is a mystery.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Most kids donā€™t go, too expensive. Fact. So end up Follow players, cemented by PS2 etc, and major clubs only. Not even British ones half time. Literally donā€™t know clubs outside PL, rest of pyramid is a mystery.
Not denying itā€™s expensive and out of the reach for some families but attendances through all levels of football - including non league - are actually at historically high levels.so Kids do go. Fact. Of course many follow football in other ways through games or play (4.5m under 16s play regularly) or screens. TV viewers are also at high levels for many forms of the game. Self evidently more kids watch or follow Albion regularly at the Amex in a generation - probably ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here