Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
This won't be the end of it, though. Like the the Treaty for Establishing a Constitution for Europe, it'll be back next year with a different name with the authorities claiming it's an entirely different thing.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
My point, which I think you're overlooking in this particular post, is that the money won't go with them (even if they go).

You say that is justifiable, I say it isn't. It's not their ****ing revenue, it never has been![/QUOTE]

These are the only points of difference between us. I don't like it, I don't think this version will happen and no relegation or promotion is utterly dull. I am however less convinced the money wouldn't go with them, but forget what I think, or what you think, the people who run United and who are accountable to their investors (they are a public company) think it would. That's their decision to make and whether I like it or not just isn't on point.

Is it United's Revenue? Well, if say Brighton v Man U has a TV audience in the billions (I don't know if it does, but I think it might), but Brighton v Burnley in the hundreds of thousands (again I don't know the figures) then you can see why the people running United would look at that and see if they can take that audience they bring, whilst keep the revenue that follows. The billions watching Brighton v Man U have largely not tuned in to watch us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
B4391328-FBCF-4E25-9083-E7EBFB5B5028.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spuds, Arse and Manure....which to blink next? My* money is on The Arse

*It isn't actually my money. But I like to pretend it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here