Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a tough one. My feeling is the order of most likely to blink next is Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs.

I'd forgotten all about Liverpool. I hadn't realised they were a top six club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not Spartacus.

<neither am I>

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How thick are these owners? Are they so stupid they didn't predict this outcry. Dumbass losers. We should absolutely not forget this treachery.
Agreed.

It seemed to me that it was a foregone conclusion that accepting their wishes would be bad for the other 14 PL clubs, and therefore they wouldn't allow the 6 to remain in the PL. It also seems obvious to me that this would not be financially successful for the 6 clubs to leave the PL. QED it seemed doomed to fail.

But as obvious as all that seems to you and me, there are plenty here who don't think it will fail, and think they'll have to be bribed to stay. It seems they agree with the owners.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
If this goes the way we all hope it goes, and with the withdrawal of Chelsea, that starts to look more likely, the big six will have lost a huge amount of influence in the Prem League, and with the resignation of some of their UEFA posts not only have they lost influence in the Pem but over European football as well. If so it may well be a good thing in the end.

No one will trust a thing these club owners say anymore as its obvious whatever they were saying in the CL redesign negotiations was nothing more than a stalling operation until they could try and kill that particular competition

So in very short order they have managed to almost universally unite their own and every other clubs fans against them, shown themselves for what we all knew they were anyway, lost influence in national and international organisations. Possibly the most spectacular own goal in history

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excellent. Cheers all, see you next time. x

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If this goes the way we all hope it goes, and with the withdrawal of Chelsea, that starts to look more likely, the big six will have lost a huge amount of influence in the Prem League, and with the resignation of some of their UEFA posts not only have they lost influence in the Pem but over European football as well. If so it may well be a good thing in the end.

No one will trust a thing these club owners say anymore as its obvious whatever they were saying in the CL redesign negotiations was nothing more than a stalling operation until they could try and kill that particular competition

So in very short order they have managed to almost universally unite their own and every other clubs fans against them, shown themselves for what we all knew they were anyway, lost influence in national and international organisations. Possibly the most spectacular own goal in history

Exactly this hopefully........they absolutely shouldn’t be allowed to forget it. Sit down, shut up and leave the running of the game to the Bloom and Barber types of this world you muppets.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Our Glenn...
I just find it absolutely incredible that they thought they would announce this and we'd wave them off into the sunset - it is incredible behaviour. I actually feel sorry for the clubs that have agreed - and by that I mean the people, the city and the community.

This seems a very American concept and they just don't understand the sport and how much it means in Europe to the fans.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Right. Apocalypse narrowly averted. Now get the Premier League owners back together to work out how to stop this happening again in 5 years time. The rule book needs rewriting after this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here