Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£2.5 million not enough - we don't want to sell him, we don't have to sell him, so just set a higher price on a 'Take it or Leave it' basis. £5 million, perhaps, plus maybe a player too.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It'd smack of lack of ambition to sell him cheap and before the summer. He's superb and players like Dunk don't grow on trees. Keep him or sell for mega money. If he proves vital in keeping us up then he's justified turning £2.5m down and if he helps us go up Lord knows what price that's worth.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
£5 m AT LEAST + matches played premium + u 21/international caps + sell-on %age - think Oxlade Chamberlain not bargain basement!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Cook definitely looked the part against Liverpool.

We will always struggle to get big prices for youngsters as we don't have a history of producing stars.

Would be surprised if Bloom turned down £2.5m

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Joel Lynch, Tommy, Adam Hinshelwood (prior to his injury), El-Abd, Dunky and Cook. We have produced a few decent defenders in the last few years with such limited resources, the training facilities and academy can't come soon enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Take the money and run, we already have a replacement in Cook, I actually think from what I have seen of him that he is a better footballer than Dunk and looks very comfortable with the ball.

Also he can head a ball which Dunk doesnt appear to be able to do very well. When does his contract run out as this will be an influence on the price we get for him if he goes.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Sorry to burst your bubble. You won't get masses for him. We got £15million for chambo because he's 2 years younger, and an ATTACKING player. The defenders only go for small bucks. We got £5mill upfront for bale plus a couple of mill add-ons. The most you'll get is £5mill including add-ons. Especially if he decides he wants to go!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have to believe that Gus Poyet will already have considered this possibility and will have the scouts looking for a replacement, always assuming there is no serious cover coming up through the development squad.

Two word answer - Steve Cook :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
personally i don't think dunk has played that well recently..but then i guess u cud say that for the whole team.....and january is still a few months off..so who the fek knows..might even get injured

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not on crack but think we will be lucky if it reaches £3m. He is not a premiership player but a player with potential that a premiership club could develope.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also he can head a ball which Dunk doesnt appear to be able to do very well. When does his contract run out as this will be an influence on the price we get for him if he goes.

Dunk can't head it? You crack me up BG, you really do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk can't head it? You crack me up BG, you really do.

Both his and Greers heading of the ball is poor and is partially responsible for the goals that we have conceeded. Neither of them get any distance on their headers as per El Abd, Elphick, Butters, Morgan and past central defenders that we have had. They both follow Cullips idea of jiust heading the ball back up in the air. At least Cullip managed to beat other players to the ball. I believe this is a weakness of Dunks that any prospective buyers will have to work on. This is also the reason so many people are saying we need an old head central defender.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
personally i don't think dunk has played that well recently..but then i guess u cud say that for the whole team.....and january is still a few months off..so who the fek knows..might even get injured

He was not very good against Leeds, letting MacCormack do him for the second goal and possibly the third (it all happened so quickly and I'm in the North Stand) and dire against Palace, but then apart from CMS, who wasn't? Had better games against Hull and Millwall though. Perhaps all the talk was getting to him, and the fact that he already had four bookings. Not to forget that he was fortunate not to get sent off against Doncaster, and nearly cost us the win at Portsmouth. But then he was superb against Cardiff and presumably Bristol City (I wasn't there), and seemed nearly back to his best last night. On the money issue, TB and Gus should hold out for the highest figure possible, at least £3 - 5 million. Where is he contract wise? I know he's under Bosman age, but does the transfer fee go to a tribunal if a player is at the end of his contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here