Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
What would you do in his position,he is a huge talent surrounded by division one players.We can`t even beat a team in the bottom three of the table.Move on Dunk and good luck.
muppet-show.jpg

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
For your sake, For Dunk's sake and for all Championship Clubs.

Tell them to f*** off.

It'll ruin his career as it does so many others.

He needs 50+ Championship games under his belt so when he moves up to the Prem (either with you or elsewhere), he has the ability to start straight away rather than having to rot for years.

f*** the Premiership. Stealing players and f***ing careers up,

Do my eyes decieve me! A Palarse fan on our boards and making some kind of sense and some Albion fans acting like spoilt brats and slagging us off because we have hit a blip, Have I entered an alternative reality,

D

Deleted member 18477

Do my eyes decieve me! A Palarse fan on our boards and making some kind of sense and some Albion fans acting like spoilt brats and slagging us off because we have hit a blip, Have I entered an alternative reality,

wasn't Zaha linked with Bayern Munich and Barcelona? haha now that shit was funny to read!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
You're after building a new academy, right?

We've had 1 for years.

The new rules that the Football League are approving to the FL Members are such that any U18 not under a pro contract can be bought off a team's academy by a Premier League club for £131k.

We have had offers of 20 times that for Moses, Williams and Zaha when they were 16 and 17.

But, it will be pushed through as they need 18 clubs to reject it. And the only ones that will, will be ones with successful academies or trying to build Academies/Centres of Excellence.

Palace, Crewe, Southampton and Ipswich are the only 4 likely to vote No.

f*** Modern Football.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

We've had 1 for years.

The new rules that the Football League are approving to the FL Members are such that any U18 not under a pro contract can be bought off a team's academy by a Premier League club for £131k.

We have had offers of 20 times that for Moses, Williams and Zaha when they were 16 and 17.

But, it will be pushed through as they need 18 clubs to reject it. And the only ones that will, will be ones with successful academies or trying to build Academies/Centres of Excellence.

f*** Modern Football.

I feel dirty saying this but I kind of agree with you, I would love footy to be like the old days but it is not unfortunatly it is a business, I do hope clubs with a decent acedemy (Our new one being part of that) do vote for the above it will save clubs and players alike but will it happen, is business to strong? I cant answer that

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dunk is very, very promising but he has shown in recent games that he is a long way from the finished article. The scouts will conclude this and he will remain on the 'one to watch' list. Which is good for us and for him because the best way he can improve is to get more Championship games under his belt. Everything he has done/said suggests that he concurs with this and is happy to play for his hometown club (I believe he is a Westdene boy, YAY!). If you have the natural ability (and Lewis does) then CB is all about positioning and decision making, both of which will benefit from more games.

As others have said, we don't want to sell, we don't need to sell. Park until at least the summer.

PG

D

Deleted member 18477

We've had 1 for years.

f*** Modern Football.

Don't forget US! we are building a rather expensive academy!!

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
He is talking about zaha who is off in January.

A) Zaha has a 4 year contract. So he'll only be going for a decent fee.

B) If he goes, which I'm not 100% on due to his strong relationship with Dougie. (Worked with him since was 14), he may regret it. Or. like Moses, he may become an established Premiership player. I doubt it though, he's not as heavily built as what Victor was.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
There is us and i can't see west ham voting yes either.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was speaking to a good mate of Dunk's who was in the Brighton youth team with him a few years ago at the weekend. He said Dunk is loving life in the first team at the Amex and no way would be want to leave his home town club to sit on a bench somewhere else.
I'm sure he is loving it, but he'd probably be loving it if Arsenal or Tottenham signed him as well - it'd be a huge opportunity for him to turn down. Also with him being more a prospect than a ready made Premiership player it's not too hard to imagine him spending the rest of the season here on loan if someone like that does buy him in January. The interest is looking fairly serious with Spurs first team coaches watching him.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

We've had 1 for years.

f*** Modern Football.

You can add Derby, we have loads in the under 20 bracket - In particular Mason Bennett has Man U, Arse sniffing around, but you're right - I can't think of many others, probably the red dogs, but that's about it.....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

We've had 1 for years.

f*** Modern Football.

Spot on. The new rules benefit the big clubs at the to of the prem and no-one else. It ill behoves me to say it but you have proved what a valuable asset a good academy is. It has been a pretty steady production line at Palace I hope we can do the same when we get ours.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Spot on. The new rules benefit the big clubs at the to of the prem and no-one else. It ill behoves me to say it but you have proved what a valuable asset a good academy is. It has been a pretty steady production line at Palace I hope we can do the same when we get ours.
It takes time to do it as well. Jordan founded it as soon as he took over and the prospects have got increasingly better year on year.

Williams and Zaha are the best 2 i've seen at Selhurst that we've produced. They're 4 years younger than the Moses/Scannell/Bostock/Hills year group. And we've got 20yo Clyne whose played 110+ appearances for us already.

If you begin your academy tomorrow, in 10 years time, it'll be bearing some very good players. You have a huge catchment area as well. Your only problem to start with right now would be convincing players why they should stay at Brighton if Southampton and Palace academies called at the same time. But, with the new ruling, you'll be fighting off 20 Prem teams as well.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I just hope that we don't get mugged like we were for Bennett and Crofts.

£5 million - take it.

Reinvested wisely that could go an awfully long way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here