Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets get the Amex rocking tomorrow night

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Says Poyet in his interview

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Poyet: Lets Get Amex Rocking for Reading

Gus Poyet want the Amex rocking for tomorrow night's match with Reading, as he expects another special game under the lights against the in-form Championship leaders.

The Royals have won 12 or their last 14 league games, taking them from fourth to joint top, and Poyet is under no illusions of the test facing his side.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "They are the best team in the league now and there is no doubt about that, but we are in a spectacular position to play against them, especially when you look at the position that we are in.

"We have a chance to test ourselves against the best team [in the Championship] and it will be good to see how the players perform against them. I hope that tomorrow shows that we want to compete at the same level as these teams for the next few years.

"It will be an amazing game for us. Sometimes there are a few seats left because season-ticket holders can't make it, but they shouldn't miss this one. The Amex should be completely full tomorrow.

"We have had a number of fantastic games at the Amex this season and this could be another one. Let's get the Amex rocking."

You heard the guy, lets make this a night to remember, 20,000 Albion fans singing from start to finish, from 15 minutes before kick off with the pre match music until the final whistle !

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As we dare not sing "we are going up, we are going up" and Reading probably will, can we sing "we are Al-bion, we are Al-bion" to the same tune? Just an idea like!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Easter holidays. The JCLs won't even be in the country let alone taking up their seats at The Amex.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Easter holidays. The JCLs won't even be in the country let alone taking up their seats at The Amex.

You'll right, but the numbers abroad on Tuesday night will be tiny.
The real reasons:
1. Plenty of Albion's new fans don't want to attend when they expect a loss, like the 1,700 who didn't turn up for S'ton @ home. The opposite effect of reflected glory.
2. The recent draws & losses (when others like Reading, B'ham & B'pool are banging in goals), has taken the shine off & given an end of season feeling, with attention to giving it a new go in August & who will be buy in the Summer.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
The real reasons:
1. Plenty of Albion's new fans don't want to attend when they expect a loss, like the 1,700 who didn't turn up for S'ton @ home. The opposite effect of reflected glory.
2. The recent draws & losses (when others like Reading, B'ham & B'pool are banging in goals), has taken the shine off & given an end of season feeling, with attention to giving it a new go in August & who will be buy in the Summer.

:tosser:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The real reasons:

I think (hope) you're one game too early. We still have an outside chance of play offs but will need all 3 tomorrow. I'd be horrified if anyone stayed away because "they think it's all over"

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Me and me boy will be well up for it,especially going to lubricate the old tonsils with a couple of Harveys,in fact I can feel a song coming on already.Well excited and looking forward to this one.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
The real reasons:

?? 1 (one) point off the play-offs. the place will be full and rocking. I can't wait

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think a point tomoro and 3 on sat and we're still in with a shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here