Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon best [signs on a half-year loan]

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
God we are negative, if he is not the goal scorer so be it, but if he’s the provider to the current player that scores….Top Man
How about we give the man chance and see…..Please, after all we are all fighting for the same cause, hopefully

Good singing. I'm really happy. Can't wait to see him in the stripes. It is easy to rubbish new players. 50 per cent of the time you'll be right. Maybe more in the last year. would ward or Zamora have looked any better on joining?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't get all the negativity, who were people expecting? Played at the top level, got injured and struggled, but is now with a manager who got something out of him last time they were together.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Simply the Best - we could afford.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Good singing. I'm really happy. Can't wait to see him in the stripes. It is easy to rubbish new players. 50 per cent of the time you'll be right. Maybe more in the last year. would ward or Zamora have looked any better on joining?

Is Leon required to sing with the fans? That is a new contract requirement on me.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As long as he gets the right service there's no reason why he shouldn't make an impact.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
God we are negative, if he is not the goal scorer so be it, but if he’s the provider to the current player that scores….Top Man
How about we give the man chance and see…..Please, after all we are all fighting for the same cause, hopefully

Exactly very good striker at this level he has been unlucky with injuries at Blackburn and never really got going there. Better than Bent IMO always thought he was lazy when played for us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another loanee. Great. I can't wait for the goals. Maybe we'll sign someone on a permanent deal eventually but it doesn't look as if it's going to be this season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cost Blackburn £3m.
So they paid too much. Who doesn't?
Values him above any of our current players. Free on loan.

Ergo: hard to knock it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another loanee. Great. I can't wait for the goals. Maybe we'll sign someone on a permanent deal eventually but it doesn't look as if it's going to be this season.

What did you expect in January notorious for a bad time to buy a player so it would be a loan or free transfer. Who is the equivalent player available on a free?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What did you expect in January notorious for a bad time to buy a player so it would be a loan or free transfer. Who is the equivalent player available on a free?

Why does it have to be someone on a free? Murray for £2M?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why do people not get this? We can't sign Murray? He's played for Palace and Reading this season so any other club could only sign him on a short term loan, which risks a recall. It's quite simple yet people keep going on about him!

I'd missed that point. My apologies.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Now find out the reasons why he lasted just 18 months in all roles beforehand.

The players Southampton recruited during his tenure as Scouting & Recruitment Manager were pretty average to say the least and none have gone on to be a massive success

Danny Butterfield (free) - Now at Exeter
Jonathan Forte (Undisc) - now at Oldham
Richard Chaplow (Undisc) - Now at Millwall
Jack Stephens (£150k from Plymouth) - On loan to Swindon for two seasons
Jack Cork - One success but has figured little this year
Steve De Ridder - Contract cancelled by mutual consent
Daniel Fox - Now at Forest and played only 12 games this season
Jas Hooivield - Initial success but now at Norwich on loan

So ok, lets look at his record at Man City where he was responsible for talent identification and opposition scouting reports...Nothing here to suggest that he should have been put in charge of what he was at the Albion.

Then onto Fulham where he was the Talent Identification & Recruitment maneger for their Scouting Department, but under Les Reed who is a very respected scout & coach.

So basically, all of those amazing players you've alluded to in your post, are nothing to do with Burke, who, lets face it, given his record should never have been appointed as Head of Football Operations

Interesting post.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Now find out the reasons why he lasted just 18 months in all roles beforehand.

The players Southampton recruited during his tenure as Scouting & Recruitment Manager were pretty average to say the least and none have gone on to be a massive success

Danny Butterfield (free) - Now at Exeter
Jonathan Forte (Undisc) - now at Oldham
Richard Chaplow (Undisc) - Now at Millwall
Jack Stephens (£150k from Plymouth) - On loan to Swindon for two seasons
Jack Cork - One success but has figured little this year
Steve De Ridder - Contract cancelled by mutual consent
Daniel Fox - Now at Forest and played only 12 games this season
Jas Hooivield - Initial success but now at Norwich on loan

So ok, lets look at his record at Man City where he was responsible for talent identification and opposition scouting reports...Nothing here to suggest that he should have been put in charge of what he was at the Albion.

Then onto Fulham where he was the Talent Identification & Recruitment maneger for their Scouting Department, but under Les Reed who is a very respected scout & coach.

So basically, all of those amazing players you've alluded to in your post, are nothing to do with Burke, who, lets face it, given his record should never have been appointed as Head of Football Operations

I find this post to be absolutely outrageous, and almost completely without fair context.

What league were Southampton in when they signed this small sample of players you've quoted here? Where are Southampton now, is it comparable? And quoting Jack Stephens is remarkable, he's what, 19 now? When was he signed? His inclusion in this list is proof positive that you wanted to beat Burke with a stick, and it's wholly unfair.

I'm not saying he did a good job, or that he did a bad job - but what I am saying is that this post is bang out of order and a misrepresentation of the job he did at Southampton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do people not get this? We can't sign Murray? He's played for Palace and Reading this season so any other club could only sign him on a short term loan, which risks a recall. It's quite simple yet people keep going on about him!

Not exactly the situation any club can sign him on 30th Jan on a 93 day loan and see out the season or when the loan window opens to cover the play offs. In theory we could agree a purchase deal for the summer and take him on loan until then, not that I think we will, he will join Reading for £2m this window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here