Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This ' informed opinion' isnt it just a follow the crowd like sheep attitude rather than appreciate what he could bring to the team. If you differ in opinions from the flock you are told you know nothing about football.

Hang on.

So if I see a player that I believe doesn't try, adds nothing of value to the team and would be a bad signing, based on his actual performances for that very same team, I'm a sheep?

In that case, cover me in wool and prepare to hear some delightful baah-ing noises you wacky, clear-sighted shepherd you.

Edit; Sorry, forgot your other point, I don't think it's conflicting views that make believe that someone has no idea what they're talking about, more that they tend to talk utter crap despite any and all other opinions. Note that I'm not saying this is you, nor am I even implying it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on, you were a big fan of Stanley back in the day weren't you, almost in bed with him if I recall correctly? I'm glad I didn't follow you on that one

Best brought absolutely nothing to the team last year what makes you think it's worth giving him another go?

That was a business arrangement nothing about being a fan so lets just drop that one and concentrate on today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For all of last season I was one of the mongs that kept repeating 'Messi couldn't score for the Albion, this season'.
To that end i don't hold Best's apparent shitehousedness against him.

As it stands this season won't be any better, naturally I'm confident that will change.

Nevertheless if Leon Best is the answer, the powers that be are asking very odd questions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hang on.

So if I see a player that I believe doesn't try, adds nothing of value to the team and would be a bad signing, based on his actual performances for that very same team, I'm a sheep?

In that case, cover me in wool and prepare to hear some delightful baah-ing noises you wacky, clear-sighted shepherd you.

My point is that the vast majority of supporters watch the game expecting goals etc but miss many things a manager looks for in players. The classic exmple is JFC most fans slate him but 3 or 4 football knowledgeable managers have picked him Why?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Leon Best's most successful spell as a striker was in the 2006/7 season when he scored 10 goals in 15 games for Yeovil - I suggest this may be his level????

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My point is that the vast majority of supporters watch the game expecting goals etc but miss many things a manager looks for in players. The classic exmple is JFC most fans slate him but 3 or 4 football knowledgeable managers have picked him Why?

You make a fair point, don't get me wrong (though I would disagree that it's a 'vast majority' and instead point at a 'vocal minority), I have personally been a fan of recent whipping boys JFC & Barnes (Harley & Obika were genuinely crap though) regardless of commonly voiced opinion.

At the same time, there has to be a recognition that managers, despite their knowledge and experience can make mistakes/bad judgements and that, sometimes, what you see in front of you is exactly what it is.

To this end, I very much wouldn't want to see Best back here with his wildly ironic name printed on the back of a shirt.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Leon Best's most successful spell as a striker was in the 2006/7 season when he scored 10 goals in 15 games for Yeovil - I suggest this may be his level????
Despite anything else I've said in this thread, he was bloody good for me in the football manager/champ man games of that era.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This ' informed opinion' isnt it just a follow the crowd like sheep attitude rather than appreciate what he could bring to the team. If you differ in opinions from the flock you are told you know nothing about football.

Did you really see ANYTHING good in Best BG ???
I know what you mean about sheep on NSC though - too many are unable to think for themselves.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Leon Best has ability. What he doesn't have is heart. Maybe it's the money maybe it's his injuries, but he doesn't cut it as a Championship level player anymore. His hold up play is pretty good but if we are going to play one up front, that one needs to be brave enough to get on the end of chances and have the desire...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We must mobilise.

We need scouts posted on all the major routes into Sussex. We need fans guarding M23, A23 and A24. Then there's the A27. Christ, what if he takes the train? Who's going to cover that? Or sneaks in via The marina? He must be prevented from meeting CH at all costs. We simply cannot risk him being given a 2nd chance. Imagine it, "well, I was a bit homesick Chris but I've put all that behind me and I'm up for a fresh start" This COULD easily happen if given a chance, and CH is such a nice man. What if he takes pity? Please, somebody do something. Please don't let him sign for us, please.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We must mobilise.

We need scouts posted on all the major routes into Sussex. We need fans guarding M23, A23 and A24. Then there's the A27. Christ, what if he takes the train? Who's going to cover that? Or sneaks in via The marina? He must be prevented from meeting CH at all costs. We simply cannot risk him being given a 2nd chance. Imagine it, "well, I was a bit homesick Chris but I've put all that behind me and I'm up for a fresh start" This COULD easily happen if given a chance, and CH is such a nice man. What if he takes pity? Please, somebody do something. Please don't let him sign for us, please.

Did somebody forget the airport right next to our training facilities...?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm going to Shoreham airport tonight to paint the runway green.
Excellent work, even if the pilot isn't fooled we know that Best (seriously, it feels like the name is mocking him) is almost incapable of moving across a grassy area, he'll be terrified.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
QPR interested.....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
To be fair we do have room for a wage theiving lard arsed poser now that one Agustein. K has now departed.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
To be fair we do have room for a wage theiving lard arsed poser now that one Agustein. K has now departed.
Ooh ooh can we get Neil Ruddock in then?

He ticks most of the boxes (lard arse etc.) and can fulfill the position of either morale officer (if people like him) or rallying cause (if everyone hates him).

Flawless plan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leon Best has ability. What he doesn't have is heart. Maybe it's the money maybe it's his injuries, but he doesn't cut it as a Championship level player anymore. His hold up play is pretty good but if we are going to play one up front, that one needs to be brave enough to get on the end of chances and have the desire...

Maybe CH thinks that he can re ignite his passion if so yes sign him if not let him chase gold elsewhere. It is down to CH call and he will stand or fall by it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Maybe CH thinks that he can re ignite his passion if so yes sign him if not let him chase gold elsewhere. It is down to CH call and he will stand or fall by it.

If CH could, then surely we would've seen signs at least of that during his loan spell? As I said, CH can buy anyone his budget allows him too. But he will put himself under huge pressure if he persists in signing someone so unpopular. I don't go in for booing players etc and I won't this time, but surely after last season we need to draw a line under as many as our forward options as possible. Baldock probably deserves another chance as he was injured/out of position most of the season but the rest?

COG is not good enough and never will be but at least he put a shift in and tried to contribute. IMO at least Best played within himself, appeared to have no great relationship with his fellow players and most importantly failed miserably to get the crowd onside. This is a crowd who by this time were dying to see a forward even capable of holding his own at Championship level. If he couldn't do that last season, what chance will he have with a crowd expecting to see a vast improvement in performances and results?

I accept that our attacking midfield options didn't help, but even with some better players there do you really see Best scoring enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here