Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the whole point of him coming on loan was to try and win a contract, and if Hughton couldn't bring out the Best in him then no one can.

Would you really even entertain risking £10k a week, let alone consider it?

If Hemed Baldock or Zamora are out what options do we have as CH is obviously not going to use Colunga.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Hemed Baldock or Zamora are out what options do we have as CH is obviously not going to use Colunga.

Anyone else but Best, I'd rather we started Dunk or Calderon up there as at least they would care. Best is the epitome of all that is wrong with the attitude of a lot of modern footballers. Thankfully all of our squad seem to care and put the effort in as required, we didn't see that from Best at all last season.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
That is the obvious answer but I think that he would be better than we have available outside of the 3 named should it be needed. . We obviously would not pay him high wages but who else is available other than my cheeky suggestion of Ulloa on loan.

Are you seriously suggesting that signing Leon Best on a permanent deal would be anything other than an absolute disaster? Your opinions are so ridiculous that I'm starting to wonder if you're even a real person. We loaned out COG, who despite being pretty poor, is streets ahead. We also have Hambo and Harper coming back from injury and the loan market is open - not that we even need it at the moment. If we did end up needing another striker, literally ANYONE would be better than Leon Best. I'd rather we signed Chris Holroyd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not want Leon Best, having seen him play for us, but we need a striker desperately as Saturday showed with Hemed being injured. Even Colunga would have been slightly better to bring on than March.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I do not want Leon Best, having seen him play for us, but we need a striker desperately as Saturday showed with Hemed being injured. Even Colunga would have been slightly better to bring on than March.

I don't see why Elvis wasn't brought in instead of March really, he's a much better fit for the striker position. As you say we also have Colunga who I rate but unfortunately it seems as if Hughton doesn't, I don't think we need to worry too much though as Hemed should be back next week and we have Hambo and Harper to step in if needed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't see why Elvis wasn't brought in instead of March really, he's a much better fit for the striker position. As you say we also have Colunga who I rate but unfortunately it seems as if Hughton doesn't, I don't think we need to worry too much though as Hemed should be back next week and we have Hambo and Harper to step in if needed.

It was odd. March came on for Bruno and Roesnior went to RB. Would have thought that Calde would have been a natural swap for Bruno under the circumstances. Then Elvis should have replaced Baldock. May not have made much difference to the result..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I wonder if Hughton is less than impressed with Elvis so far. When asked he question a Wolves, he gave a fairly low key response, whereas for others he offers up 'done well' or alike.

Given that he was caught off-side by being too lazy at Wolves and then was less than impressive for the U21s, when Hughton was watching, I wonder if he doesn't yet think he's ready to play a meaningful part.

We'll see as time goes on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is the obvious answer but I think that he would be better than we have available outside of the 3 named should it be needed. . We obviously would not pay him high wages but who else is available other than my cheeky suggestion of Ulloa on loan.

Why is signing Ulloa on loan such a cheeky suggestion? As l understand it moves were made to try to bring him back during the summer transfer window.

Surely a loan deal isn't such a bad idea, he is getting precious little game time at Leicester at the moment, and we would be able to offer him regular football.

Ideal for all concerned.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

The striker, who has not played for Rovers since October 2013, had one year remaining on his £30,000-plus per week four-year contract he signed after his £3m move from Newcastle United in July 2012.

A Rovers spokesperson said: "Blackburn Rovers and Leon Best confirm the player’s departure from the club by mutual agreement.

"The club thanks Leon for his work and dedication during his time at Ewood Park and wishes him all the best for the future."

Could do a job? :moo:

Great, let's get him on a free ! LOL.

MUGS = BRFC

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
.... add Huddersfield to the list of clubs which which weren't quite right for Leon

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/hu...fering-contract-to-ex-premier-league-striker/

"Best would have definitely added some experience and power to the club’s frontline, but Powell seemingly felt he wasn’t a beneficial addition to the club."

:lolol: He didn't even get beyond a development match against Ipswich Town.

Wanted more than what Powell thought he was worth.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/06/huddersfield-end-interest-in-free-agent-best/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here