Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thirty thousand pounds per week. For four years. £6.24 million, of which he's already had £4.68 million.

2 goals in 13 games for Rovers in all that time, 0 in 15 for Derby, 0 in 13 for the Albion. I'm just surprised he got 4 in 15 for Sheff Wed.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, so wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Championship top scorer this season.

You heard it here first.

It would be funny to see who backtracks first, if a 30 goal season inspires us to promotion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thirty thousand pounds per week. For four years. £6.24 million, of which he's already had £4.68 million.

2 goals in 13 games for Rovers in all that time, 0 in 15 for Derby, 0 in 13 for the Albion. I'm just surprised he got 4 in 15 for Sheff Wed.

"By mutual agreement" will include a part payment of his final year.

Makes CMS look good value for money :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would be funny to see who backtracks first, if a 30 goal season inspires us to promotion.

If we signed him and he scored three goals in 6 games, I would ( having booed him through all six games in a red faced apolpleptic rage of course)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we signed him and he scored three goals in 6 games, I would ( having booed him through all six games of course)
I'll not be booing but his foul tirade to the linesman, in front of the family stand (any stand would have been bad enough) will stop me from enjoying his return to the team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Worth posting this on the 'overpaid train drivers' thread for some perspective......

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I will not boo either, but if CH signs him, he will be putting his own job on the line, as this will be seen as his signing and will turn the support against him if we don't start well.

Don't do it Chrisse lad, don't do it!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What must be said is that CH has probably forgotten more about football than most posters on here know so if he thinks he can do a job so be it who are we to argue.

He has been a good striker in the past and if CH thinks he can get him back to that level lets go for it even for the bench as obviously TB will not pay over the odds for him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

No one put a gun to the head of Blackburn and forced them to pay that though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't think he was the worst striker who played for us last season by a long way

Still managed a goal tally over the season of 0 and he did play for a decent team for part of the season, a luxury none of our full time strikers had. I'd suggest that plus his salary makes him the poorest value striker we had.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Still managed a goal tally over the season of 0 and he did play for a decent team for part of the season, a luxury none of our full time strikers had. I'd suggested that plus his salary makes him the poorest value striker we had.

Our strike force of CMS and COG took home over £30k a week between them and managed two(?) league goals from open play between them?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Our strike force of CMS and COG took home over £30k a week between them and managed two(?) league goals from open play between them?

Is that worse than zero goals and a £30k wage packet a week for Best then? Did either of those two goals win us a game? Genuine question.

It's all very depressing either way.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What must be said is that CH has probably forgotten more about football than most posters on here know so if he thinks he can do a job so be it who are we to argue.

He has been a good striker in the past and if CH thinks he can get him back to that level lets go for it even for the bench as obviously TB will not pay over the odds for him.

People that have an informed opinion after watching him play last year? This wouldn't be a stab in the dark at someone that could do it, it'd be returning to someone who seemingly can't.

No-one's claiming (I don't think) to know more about the game than CH but he's not going to be infallible in his judgement of players.

Hopefully, this is all irrelevant and he ends up going elsewhere, like Luton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People that have an informed opinion after watching him play last year? This wouldn't be a stab in the dark at someone that could do it, it'd be returning to someone who seemingly can't.

No-one's claiming (I don't think) to follow the sheep attityudeknow more about the game than CH but he's not going to be infallible in his judgement of players.

Hopefully, this is all irrelevant and he ends up going elsewhere, like Luton.

This ' informed opinion' isnt it just a follow the crowd like sheep attitude rather than appreciate what he could bring to the team. If you differ in opinions from the flock you are told you know nothing about football.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This ' informed opinion' isnt it just a follow the crowd like sheep attitude rather than appreciate what he could bring to the team. If you differ in opinions from the flock you are told you know nothing about football.

Hang on, you were a big fan of Stanley back in the day weren't you, almost in bed with him if I recall correctly? I'm glad I didn't follow you on that one

Best brought absolutely nothing to the team last year what makes you think it's worth giving him another go?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

He's scored 6 goals in 56 games in the Championship. Face it mate, he's sh1te.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here