Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He's better than Hemed and Murray. I'd rather have him than Mitrovic who seems like a loose cannon. Plus he loves BHA. Him and Locardia is better than I hoped for tbh given the summer window shenanigans.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'd rather have a loan player such as Leo who has a great connection and affinity with the club. He'd be up for the challenge straight away and would do his best for the team.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What don't you get? Should CH play him just because he cost £Xm? Or play him on merit of what he is giving and delivering? He had his chance home to Bournemouth, took it and looked amazing, then starting the next 2 looked absolutely dreadful. CH will pick whoever he thinks is his best starting XI. Won't matter if its an U23, or our record singing.

I'd love Izquierdo to be starting every game if he performs like he did against Bournemouth, but he simply isn't showing that consistency. May take a while for him to settle, he may well deliver in the run in and into next season, but for now, you cannot play him just because of what we paid.
I never said play him because he cost xxxx you patronising wanker

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd have him back, he's sexy, he looks proper Latino, you can just imagine him on the bench oozing class.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Love the guy but not sure he is the answer to our problem.

I think we have a number of problems.

If the club are looking to cash in on Hemed and bring in an upgrade who can possibly fill in for Murray if his head (or anything else) goes, then that particular problem is solved.

The problem of getting in a pacy striker who would have dispatched chances like those delightful Old Trafford crosses still remains unsolved for the time being or at least until mid-February.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not criticising but what does Ulloa bring that we don't already have?

We're short on Premier League experience.
Playing one up front, we have Murray who is reliable in front of goal and Hemed who can battle defenders for 90 minutes. From what I remember of Ulloa. he can do both.
Murray and Hemed are both better with a striking partner, we bought Ulloa to play in Poyet's system as a single striker between two wingers. He was very good at it.
He may be similar to what we have, but if we are looking for extra strikers, he is known quantity to us and we are a known quantity to him. Little risk of him not settling.
He scored quite a few important goals from the bench for Leicester.* I'm sure one or two of us remember his knack for a vital goal in a pressure game:

*Weirdly, Leicester are very grateful to him for his cool conversion of a pressure penalty to get a point from West Ham towards the end of their title winning season. He must have converted a few penalties for us, but we only remember him taking the one.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No, I doubt anyone thinks he is, but what I think most positive comments about him on loan is he's a damn good 2nd or 3rd choice answer if needed. You're not going to sign 2 of 3 strikers who are all ready to rip the league up. Ulloa may well be a nice plan C to have on the bench.

Not sure how he is a plan C though. Both Murray and Hemed are plan A as is Ulloa. We don’t have a plan B let alone plan C

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never said play him because he cost xxxx you patronising wanker
I don't think he meant to be partonising, he was just trying to help you understand how Chris picks the team.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Would be quite happy with him back. Powerful in the air. Would work nicely with our wingers, if they are used correctly, and our new Dutch signing when fit. Leo is a good old fashioned Centre forward battering ram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here