Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I imagined his motm attacking performance against Bournemouth then...must have been someone else's tactics that game?

Dragged off at W Brom for not defending.

Give the man a chance to be an attacker and he's dangerous.

If the defender isn't good enough to defend get one that is.

We again, today were so pedestrian, that is Hughton's tactics. He says we need to be more adventurous and our forwards be attacking, then we play with no urgency and our attackers spending far too long in their own half.

Like Hughton but he does need to allow his attackers a chance to do just that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What don't you get? Should CH play him just because he cost £Xm? Or play him on merit of what he is giving and delivering? He had his chance home to Bournemouth, took it and looked amazing, then starting the next 2 looked absolutely dreadful. CH will pick whoever he thinks is his best starting XI. Won't matter if its an U23, or our record singing.

I'd love Izquierdo to be starting every game if he performs like he did against Bournemouth, but he simply isn't showing that consistency. May take a while for him to settle, he may well deliver in the run in and into next season, but for now, you cannot play him just because of what we paid.

He looked no worse than anyone else against WBA and was perhaps better than most.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dragged off at W Brom for not defending.

Give the man a chance to be an attacker and he's dangerous.

If the defender isn't good enough to defend get one that is.

We again, today were so pedestrian, that is Hughton's tactics. He says we need to be more adventurous and our forwards be attacking, then we play with no urgency and our attackers spending far too long in their own half.

Like Hughton but he does need to allow his attackers a chance to do just that.

It isn't tactical when we can't keep the ball as was the case at West Brom. CH isn't telling them to give the ball away and invite pressure. We had plenty of play in their final 3rd at West Brom in the first half, but we kept losing the ball, including Izquierdo who was probably the worst for that in good positions. IMHO he was taken off for not taking on his man and giving the ball away too many times, not because he didn't defend. I don't care how attacking you are tactically, if a player gives the ball away, he busts his gut to win it back.

Our problems are not tactical really, they are quality related. Our wingers are not performing, that is making it so hard for our central midfield to operate, and our slow forwards need quality delivery if they are going to score. Most of our problems are players who we hoped would take this division on are being found wanting. As others have said, we are desperate for pace and that added quality. I really don't believe it is Chris's approach.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not criticising but what does Ulloa bring that we don't already have?

Nostalgia.

Well, Murray aside....

Not Barnes?

NSC is like a dog that keeps digging up its old sick. Start a new thread on Ulloa and a poll, somone. Go on, you know you will. :salute::goal::mad:

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I'm open minded to this but I can't help but feel another forward Leicester are trying to farm out on loan - Ahmed Musa, would be a better option for us?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It isn't tactical when we can't keep the ball as was the case at West Brom. CH isn't telling them to give the ball away and invite pressure. We had plenty of play in their final 3rd at West Brom in the first half, but we kept losing the ball, including Izquierdo who was probably the worst for that in good positions. IMHO he was taken off for not taking on his man and giving the ball away too many times, not because he didn't defend. I don't care how attacking you are tactically, if a player gives the ball away, he busts his gut to win it back.

Our problems are not tactical really, they are quality related. Our wingers are not performing, that is making it so hard for our central midfield to operate, and our slow forwards need quality delivery if they are going to score. Most of our problems are players who we hoped would take this division on are being found wanting. As others have said, we are desperate for pace and that added quality. I really don't believe it is Chris's approach.

Don’t agree with your first para at all.

I felt Izquierdo was our most dangerous player at WBA in the first half, he may have given it away, but certainly no more than anyone else. Propper was awful as was Stephens and Knockaert.

I also felt he was subbed due to not tracking back, which you may recall did result in Ryan making a block before half-time.

The rotation or whatever it’s being called, is not helping Izquierdo at all.

Re your second para, yes I think it’s fair to say we are lacking consistency quality wise out wide, and sadly Knockaert has struggled (just wonder if it was the pre-season night Nauru that did for him), but for me the biggest issue is the lack of pace at front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gosh how far have we gone down the striker target list to have reached Ulloa on loan. AIthough I love the bloke he isn’t the answer.

No, I doubt anyone thinks he is, but what I think most positive comments about him on loan is he's a damn good 2nd or 3rd choice answer if needed. You're not going to sign 2 of 3 strikers who are all ready to rip the league up. Ulloa may well be a nice plan C to have on the bench.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, I doubt anyone thinks he is, but what I think most positive comments about him on loan is he's a damn good 2nd or 3rd choice answer if needed. You're not going to sign 2 of 3 strikers who are all ready to rip the league up. Ulloa may well be a nice plan C to have on the bench.

Won’t be on the bench. He’s better than Murray and Hemed. Chuck Locardia into the mix and we’re in ok shape

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
If we get Leo in then great. In my opinion he’s better than both Murray and Hemed. We’ve said for months we need to improve our front line and with Leo and Jurgan Klinsman we’ve done just that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here