Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We've already turned down £5M in the last window (allegedly), so why would we accept £4M now!? Time to tell Leicester to make a serious bid or **** off. ****ing p1ss-taking clowns.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It will now depend on whether Ulloa's head has been turned, I presume he wants Premiership football. If he decides to go it will reduce the price if we think he will sulk!

In which case, we hold out until transfer deadline day, and try to encourage a bidding war.

We do not roll over and accept derisory offers.

Leicester have 180 million to spend !!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Not quite sure where all this "leicester are taking the piss" nonsence is coming from.

Well within their rights to bid whatever the hell they want. All we do is politely say no until the offer is too good to reject.

Threads when bids for our players are made are always 500% more dramatic than the actual bidding process.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not quite sure where all this "leicester are taking the piss" nonsence is coming from.

Well within their rights to bid whatever the hell they want. All we do is politely say no until the offer is too good to reject.

Threads when bids for our players are made are always 500% more dramatic than the actual bidding process.

I think people are more annoyed that they are only increasing their bids by £0.5million each time, so it's seemingly inevitable that it will take days before they reach a value we can't refuse.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think people are more annoyed that they are only increasing their bids by £0.5million each time, so it's seemingly inevitable that it will take days before they reach a value we can't refuse.

Indeed. But if we were bidding for a player 11 weeks before a season starts I would want us to do the exact same thing.

They have time to test our resolve. All we do is say no until the magic number is hit.

For what it's worth, if the magic number is anywhere above £6m id be STAGGERED. Think Leicester could get a lot better for their money (and I like Leo a lot )

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed. But if we were bidding for a player 11 weeks before a season starts I would want us to do the exact same thing.

They have time to test our resolve. All we do is say no until the magic number is hit.

For what it's worth, if the magic number is anywhere above £6m id be STAGGERED. Think Leicester could get a lot better for their money (and I like Leo a lot )

Yes, or they decide to look elsewhere.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

So if you put your house on the market at £300K and someone bid £150K and increased their bid in instalments of £10K you'd be OK with that because it's their right to bid what they want? Or would you think they might be a timewaster?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So if you put your house on the market at £300K and someone bid £150K and increased their bid in instalments of £10K you'd be OK with that because it's their right to bid what they want? Or would you think they might be a timewaster?

We didnt put Ulloa on the market so your example is void.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Who cares? He'll go or he won't and if he does we'll get a lot of money for the new manager to spend.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

What if you'd bought the house for £80k originally, it was now beginning to a look a bit tatty and the market value was probably £200k?

I like this game

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Ideally, we need one main striker, two interchangeable others, and someone young coming through the system.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hardly. We've made it clear we are after £10M. With this in mind, Leicester are taking the p1ss. Now, if they doubled their bid, then I'm sure we'd start to listen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Except that according to various media reports Leicester have made a number of bids for Ulloa. This would indicate that Bloom has taken at least 2 calls. If he is prepared to take the calls and listen to the offers then I'd argue that Ulloa is, in effect, on the market. Otherwise, why didn't Bloom tell them to eff off after the first call, or even the second? Another indicator is that there is no statement yet from the club that Ulloa is not for sale. That would kill this speculation dead.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who cares? He'll go or he won't and if he does we'll get a lot of money for the new manager to spend.

Increasingly my philosophy. Plus ca change and all that. BHAFC are always going to get raped by someone higher up the food chain (see also Southampton FC). Only Real Madrid and Barca are exempt from this phenomena. If it happens then bring on the lolly and let's go shopping bitches.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Increasingly my philosophy. Plus ca change and all that. BHAFC are always going to get raped by someone higher up the food chain (see also Southampton FC). Only Real Madrid and Barca are exempt from this phenomena. If it happens then bring on the lolly and let's go shopping bitches.

I love the idea of Burke, Bloom and Barber sashaying round the Upper East Side of Manhattan, laden with designer bags, a la Sex and the City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here