Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We bought him for an undisclosed fee believed to be c. £2million. At that time he was unproven in England, he had no experience of English football. He has since gone on to score a goal every other game, including goals in many of the Albion's biggest matches. In that time the Premier League TV money has been increased significantly.

Premier League sides Palace and Sunderland have both previously shown interest, so other managers have considered him to be Prem quality. So why, given all of the above, would we be interested in selling him for a paltry £1-2million above what we signed him for?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Except that according to various media reports Leicester have made a number of bids for Ulloa. This would indicate that Bloom has taken at least 2 calls. If he is prepared to take the calls and listen to the offers then I'd argue that Ulloa is, in effect, on the market. Otherwise, why didn't Bloom tell them to eff off after the first call, or even the second? Another indicator is that there is no statement yet from the club that Ulloa is not for sale. That would kill this speculation dead.

Sake.

We are in a massively simple position.

We are not LOOKING to sell Ulloa. However if someone offers something which is FAR TOO GOOD to resist then you take it. It's simple business.

We have an asset we want to keep. It doesn't have a guide price like a house because we never stated we wanted to actively sell. We are happy to keep him, however if the mega money comes in we take it.

In the meantime we politely decline offers that arent too good to resist.

None of this "tell them to **** off" rubbish. Just a "no. thats not enough. goodbye".

It's really the most simplistic process. I have no idea why people don't grasp it and want to make it into a soap opera that never existed.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Who cares? He'll go or he won't and if he does we'll get a lot of money for the new manager to spend.

There seem to be many on here who have forgotten it took the best part of TWO seasons to replace our last top goalscorer, Mr G. Murray.
Sadly it looks like it's not if Ulloa will go, but when.
The club must stay strong and this time, be true to their word, and hold out for a top price rather than cave in as it has done with others.
Make no mistake, Ulloa is the real deal in the Championship and will be very difficult to replace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Via the media, several days ago.

So we STATED in the media?

Or just the media guessed.

Please, I must have missed the bit where someone from the club said we want £10m.

You're not confusing a rumour for "We've made it clear" are you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There seem to be many on here who have forgotten it took the best part of TWO seasons to replace our last top goalscorer, Mr G. Murray.
Sadly it looks like it's not if Ulloa will go, but when.
The club must stay strong and this time, be true to their word, and hold out for a top price rather than cave in as it has done with others.
Make no mistake, Ulloa is the real deal in the Championship and will be very difficult to replace.

This, with bells on. IF we sell low, then we will not be able to replace him. He is vital to our Prem challenge. I don't get why some fans seem to to think what Leicester are offering is OK. He is worth so much more than £4M to us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sake.

We are in a massively simple position.

We are not LOOKING to sell Ulloa. However if someone offers something which is FAR TOO GOOD to resist then you take it. It's simple business.

We have an asset we want to keep. It doesn't have a guide price like a house because we never stated we wanted to actively sell. We are happy to keeper him, however if the mega money comes in we take it.

In the meantime we politely decline offers that arent too good to resist.

None of this "tell them to **** off" rubbish. Just a "no. thats not enough. goodbye".

It's really the most simplistic process. I have no idea why people don't grasp it and want to make it into a soap opera that never existed.

Do you not understand that when bids come in players have a tendency to get unsettled, and if they're under contract chairman can get pissed off? Therefore, if chairmen don't want bids they make it known that players are not for sale. But what you definitely don't want is derisory bids being submitted on a regular basis.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So we STATED in the media?

Or just the media guessed.

Please, I must have missed the bit where someone from the club said we want £10m.

You're not confusing a rumour for "We've made it clear" are you?

You're indicating you don't know how these things work.

However, you are right when you say I, or anyone else for that matter, won't find a quote from TB, PB, DB, etc. "We want £10M".

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you not understand that when bids come in players have a tendency to get unsettled, and if they're under contract chairman can get pissed off? Therefore, if chairmen don't want bids they make it known that players are not for sale. But what you definitely don't want is derisory bids being submitted on a regular basis.

I agree. Of course we don't want it.....which is why Leicester will keep doing it and they are perfectly entitled to. They have to do the best for their club as we do for ours.

If Leo doesn't want to go to a prem club and make more money I'd be shocked.

Leo will be under the technical umbrella of "not for sale"........but that doesn't mean we won't. Just means we want an offer which is too good to turn down rather than settling for a "fair" deal.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You're indicating you don't know how these things work.

However, you are right when you say I, or anyone else for that matter, won't find a quote from TB, PB, DB, etc. "We want £10M".

So where did the club "make it clear" that £10m was the price like you said?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree. Of course we don't want it.....which is why Leicester will keep doing it and they are perfectly entitled to. They have to do the best for their club as we do for ours.

If Leo doesn't want to go to a prem club and make more money I'd be shocked.

Leo will be under the technical umbrella of "not for sale"........but that doesn't mean we won't. Just means we want an offer which is too good to turn down rather than settling for a "fair" deal.

You're 100% correct that Leicester can make silly low bids repeatedly; that is what they are doing, so it's stating the bleeding obvious. However, it is still taking the p1ss..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As I said previously, when they used the media. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

We're nearly there.

Who from the club stated in the media that £10m was our price? Please. Just one name. Even an article which says "a brighton source says" will do.

Or are you taking a media report that "brighton want nearer £10m" as our statement?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

If a club makes derisory bids and, in doing so, destabilises the player and wastes his club's time then other chairman will see this and may come to the conclusion Leicester are not a club you'd want to do business with.

Upson was our player of the season, we offered him a new contract and he joined Leicester. This is not going to make Leicester popular with Bloom, but now they make it worse by messing around with Ulloa's head. Bloom needs to make it crystal clear to Leicester that he has a minimum price (be it £6m or £7m) and not to bother calling again unless they're prepared to pay it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We're nearly there.

Who from the club stated in the media that £10m was our price? Please. Just one name. Even an article which says "a brighton source says" will do.

Or are you taking a media report that "brighton want nearer £10m" as our statement?

No. You're not getting nearer, are you!?

Oh well, if you still don't get it, then you probably never will.

To repeat; "As I said previously, when they used the media." should be clear enough, even for you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. You're not getting nearer, are you!?

Oh well, if you still don't get it, then you probably never will.

To repeat; "As I said previously, when they used the media." should be clear enough, even for you.

How do you know WE USED THE MEDIA and the media didnt just PLUCK a figure out of the air?

Papers do this ALL THE TIME. "Man Utd are holding out for £30m". No one from the club said. It's speculation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I said previously, when they used the media. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The bit underlined and bolded suggests that the club made a conscious decision to say something. It seems pretty reasonable to ask you to provide that evidence with an article about it or at least a quote from a club source. If you were writing a paper you couldn't get away with such an unsupported statement.

Of course I expect a knowing tap on your nose from you because you have inside information ..... again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How do you know WE USED THE MEDIA and the media didnt just PLUCK a figure out of the air?

Papers do this ALL THE TIME. "Man Utd are holding out for £30m". No one from the club said. It's speculation.

I disagree. Clubs/agents/players all use the media. If you don't think so, then you are naive. Or just being obtuse. Probably the latter, given your ridiculous defence of Leicester's series of derisory bids. All well.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The bit underlined and bolded suggests that the club made a conscious decision to say something. It seems pretty reasonable to ask you to provide that evidence with an article about it or at least a quote from a club source. If you were writing a paper you couldn't get away with such an unsupported statement.

It won't happen with B.W.

It never does. Hence my clear frustration with him :lolol:. It's like pulling teeth.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Of course I expect a knowing tap on your nose from you because you have inside information ..... again.

I'm not writing a paper tho', am I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here