Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Very good - I knew as I typed that someone would post that picture! One moment in time does not equate to looking interested/motivated against Barnsley for example.

Yep. Understood. And know what you mean. I'd say though frustrated, isolated, exhuasted is not necessarily the same as uninterested or unmotivated but yep Leo, like most strikers to be fair, had a few disappointing matches last season.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
As I said earlier in the thread - anything over 6-7M I personally would let him go, on his day he's an utter beast but he's quite inconsistent and spends too much time failing to win free kicks. I like him as a bloke & a player don't get me wrong but that is a hell of a lot of money, 7M and I think he's Leicester's.

The good thing is the bargaining chips are in our hand, we don't need to sell & hopefully Ulloa will remain professional unlike Bridcutt & not hand in a transfer request.

All of which i agree with,however as to bargaining chips,IMO are only in our hand if the new manager sanctions the sale and we have a replacement ready to sign at the same time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here's hoping Leicester drop out due to the asking price. TBH I think they may well do better looking elsewhere, despite Leo being far and away our best striker.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Foxes talk made me laugh on their forum they really haven't got a clue, last comment so funny

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/94954-leonardo-ulloa-brighton/page-8

Callabinho say's .. This is ridiculous, he isn't worth over £1 million let alone 5, I can't believe we're chasing this with such effort, he only dominated us due to a three day piss up. He won't justify that hideous price tag in the premier league.

Oh Dear
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Here's hoping Leicester drop out due to the asking price. TBH I think they may well do better looking elsewhere, despite Leo being far and away our best striker.

Or, alternatively they go straight for an £7-8M offer and finalise the deal. Either way, we need closure on this soon, so we can get on with building a promotion winning team (once we've got a manager of course).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need another club to show interest and then we'll be on our way to closer to 10 million.

He is gone isn't he, whatever we settle for?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need another club to show interest and then we'll be on our way to closer to 10 million.

He is gone isn't he, whatever we settle for?

No. Only if the bid meets our asking price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Leicester owners boasted about having 180 million to spend this summer.

So the price needs to be 10 million minimum, or go elsewhere.

And with the new Premier League TV deal, prices will go through the roof, so past striker valuations have no relevance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's the worst subjective view I've read today XD That's like saying we can't value bread because of inflation.

So prices for players will not go through the roof because of the new TV deal ???

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

And with the new Premier League TV deal, prices will go through the roof, so past striker valuations have no relevance.

I'd agree with that. The chairman would've been better of saying they are going to be spending within their own means. Any club chairman now is going to bump up the price because of a comment aimed at pleasing the fans.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
we don't need to sell & hopefully Ulloa will remain professional unlike Bridcutt & not hand in a transfer request.
Maybe Ulloa will pretend he is injured and won`t play in any games now . . . hang on there are no games until August!!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

They keep being miss-quoted.

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there (the top five). That doesn't put us off."
Srivaddhanaprabha added: "I am asking for three years, and we'll be there.
"We won't take the huge leap to challenge the league's top five clubs immediately.
"Do we have a chance to beat them? Yes, we have, but I think we need to establish our foothold in the league first and then we think about our next step.

Leicester won't spend anywhere near £180 million this summer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure Leo will go to the PL if he wants to go.

But it won't be for a 5 million derisory fee at the START of the transfer window.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
where's this coming from? because a Leicester fan spoke to hasn't heard of this one at all. isnt generally uninformed and had a view on Upson (wasnt sure they needed).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If Leo does go then can we get a replacement in first this time as we always seem to do things arse about face.

I'm sure spending millions on a player to replace one you hadn't sold yet would be doing things 'arse about face'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here