Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester are ABOUT to mess up winning the Premier

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Vardy is a foul-mouthed, diving, racist thug but that seems to have been brushed under the carpet somewhat. I guess it doesn't quite fit in with the current "fairytale" narrative.

Given that Leicester cheated all their creditors and the rest of the division back when they went into administration and got a new stadium out of it, cheated the division AGAIN when they flouted FFP rules to get promoted a few season back, and have since been named by that doctor as one of the clubs who's players are doped up to the eyeballs (which would at least partly explain this "miracle"), I'm not overly fussed about the current LCFC love-in. I'll be quite happy if Spurs overhaul them.
Boom.

:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you think so? I've watched it at least 10 times and I still think his foot was caught and their legs tangled
You're definitely right, their legs did get tangled - I'm not suggesting there was no contact and he dived, what happened is Vardy deliberately ran across the defender so that they would collide. He wasn't running that way to try and get the ball etc, he deliberately caused the collision. That's cheating.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vardy is a foul-mouthed, diving, racist thug but that seems to have been brushed under the carpet somewhat. I guess it doesn't quite fit in with the current "fairytale" narrative.

Given that Leicester cheated all their creditors and the rest of the division back when they went into administration and got a new stadium out of it, cheated the division AGAIN when they flouted FFP rules to get promoted a few season back, and have since been named by that doctor as one of the clubs who's players are doped up to the eyeballs (which would at least partly explain this "miracle"), I'm not overly fussed about the current LCFC love-in. I'll be quite happy if Spurs overhaul them.

You've omitted the fact they tried to buy Ulloa for £3million, f*cked us about all summer over the price which buggered our recruitment plans which made us panic buy and loan in a load of dross which then almost got us relegated. Meanwhile, having coughed up £8 million Leicester then crow about what a bargain he is after his brace vs Man Utd.

I like Ranieri but Pochettino's outfit are different class and any hope England have in Euro 2016 rests on the shoulders of Kane and Alli.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
West Brom are 16-1 to beat Spurs on Monday. Blimey.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spurs SWATTING aside Stoke and look AWESOME whilst Leicester are about to lose Vardy for the next 2 matches, Spurs are going to win the League

Really?

The expensively paid and assembled squad of Lamela & co, are stumbling, joining all the other 'big' clubs who couldn't beat Leicester to the ultimate prize. 5000-1 last July ... has there ever been such a sporting shock in a full blown league?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Really?

The expensively paid and assembled squad of Lamela & co, are stumbling, joining all the other 'big' clubs who couldn't beat Leicester to the ultimate prize. 5000-1 last July ... has there ever been such a sporting shock in a full blown league?

It would have been more HONEST if you had posted this last Monday, now I will call in [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] and the AFTER timer police

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My favourite was the tuneful song aimed at Stoke 'You're ****ing shiiit, you're ****ing shiiiiit, you're ****ing shit, you're ****ing shit, you're ****ing shiiiit'

That matches the other song "You're sh!tting f#cked, You're $hitting f#cked you're sh!tting f#cked you're shixxing f#cked you're $h!tt!ng f#ckedddddddddddd"

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Vardy could be the 'jumpers for goalposts' legend if they win the league or the twunt that blew it for them if they don't because of the red at the weekend.

Looks like our boy, Leo, has been a more than adequate replacement!?

Don't have any real affection for Leicester but would love them to win it if only to show that you don't have to spend zillions to win the Premiership and the team can be much greater than the sum of its parts. Shades of Brighton's season?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like our boy, Leo, has been a more than adequate replacement!?

Don't have any real affection for Leicester but would love them to win it if only to show that you don't have to spend zillions to win the Premiership and the team can be much greater than the sum of its parts. Shades of Brighton's season?

Are you forgetting Leicesters administration a few years ago ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if any of those £7.5k tickets have sold for the Everton game?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Are you forgetting Leicesters administration a few years ago ?

Yes; isn't it about time you did too?!

This is a great footballing achievement however you look at it.

Doubt if there's any club in football that hasn't got a few financial skeletons in their cupboard........

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The best thing about Leicester winning the title will be that all those managers who think they have to buy massively expensive foreign players (Otamendi £34m, Mangala £32m+, Schneiderlin £27m, Di Maria £57m) will have to explain to their owners exactly how Leicester managed to finish above them despite spending next to nothing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The best thing about Leicester winning the title will be that all those managers who think they have to buy massively expensive foreign players (Otamendi £34m, Mangala £32m+, Schneiderlin £27m, Di Maria £57m) will have to explain to their owners exactly how Leicester managed to finish above them despite spending next to nothing.

Absolutely. Just goes to show what you can do with good management and good old fashioned hardworking players. The players you have listed above are an utter joke.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Absolutely. Just goes to show what you can do with good management and good old fashioned hardworking players. The players you have listed above are an utter joke.

I hear what you say. Not all of them fall flat on their faces though. This man is probably worth the £55m they paid for him given his form...

Kevin_De_Bruyne-Ci_3452126b.jpg

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

Good old fashioned hardworking players can make you or break you as we all know and as Mourinho found out when his players went awol.

How the Chelsea players behaved was a disgrace and shows a rethink is needed about who you sign.

As for Leicester,it's not over and no-one should take anything for granted.They could easily lose away to Man U and Chelsea and draw against Everton although I hope that's not the case.I would love to see Ranieri finalise one of the greatest if not the greatest achievement by a english team ever.

Sounds like a good subject for a new thread.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Another one who is a bit meh about Leicester winning the Premier League. Can't stand Lineker for starters. Though fair play to Ranieri. After the way he was treated by Chelsea in 2004, after knocking the Invincibles out of the Champions League and finishing a very credible second in the league, he'll certainly deserve his moment in the sun(not the Murdoch rag).

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Hemed £1million or Rhodes £9million or Bent mega wages
Kayal not nearly as much a week as Downing or Johnson

Same in lower leagues too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here