Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester are ABOUT to mess up winning the Premier

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whether Tottenham can overhaul Leicester or not, they are playing the best football I have seen for years. Also seeing so many young English players flourishing is only good for international football. I still think the pressure will get to Leicester especially now their top scorer is banned for what should have been a straight red not second yellow.

For these reasons alone I hope Spurs can do it although I have no affinity for them.
Plus I never liked Leicester since having to kip on the station platform after an extra time finish to a league cup tie near 40 years ago :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Doesn't really surprise me with Scumhampton fans :wanker:

:lolol:

Lovely find, 8ace. Considerably more cringeworthy than clapping them for coming.

As for hoping Spurs would win it, have we forgiven them for their stitch up with Southampton in 1977?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I also think Spurs have a decent chance of nicking it. In fact, (slight aftertiming here, sorry) I had a small wager on them @ 7/2 yesterday morning before Vardy had officially been charged. It was obvious it was coming.

My thinking is that IF Spurs were to win their last five (four now) that would take them 7 clear of Leicester's current points total, with a superior GD. In that event Leicester would nee 8 points from their last 4 to win it - not a given at all, with or without Vardy. Leicester are still clear favourites, IMO, but the 7/2 on Spurs looked excellent value.
I like the way you twist it so it makes sense to you. 8 points out of 4 is not a given, no, but you've already banked 15 out of 15 for Spurs :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like the way you twist it so it makes sense to you. 8 points out of 4 is not a given, no, but you've already banked 15 out of 15 for Spurs :D

Not banked, no. As I said, Leicester are clearly still favourites - Spurs' chances are stronger than 7/2 though, so attractive odds. That's how it works, innit.

I think there is a good chance mind, that it will come down to the last day, and Chelsea will roll over at home to Leicester.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't Leicester do a Palace by going into administration and mugging off the likes off St Johns ambulance.?

They're not as pretty as it looks.

Yup. They got relegated from the PL and went bust but kept their PL squad together for that season in the Championship. They took 6 points off us (we were relegated, 5 points short of safety), took our Manager (Micky Adams), went straight back up, had their debts written off AND got a free stadium into the bargain.

Nice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Vardy is a foul-mouthed, diving, racist thug but that seems to have been brushed under the carpet somewhat. I guess it doesn't quite fit in with the current "fairytale" narrative.

Given that Leicester cheated all their creditors and the rest of the division back when they went into administration and got a new stadium out of it, cheated the division AGAIN when they flouted FFP rules to get promoted a few season back, and have since been named by that doctor as one of the clubs who's players are doped up to the eyeballs (which would at least partly explain this "miracle"), I'm not overly fussed about the current LCFC love-in. I'll be quite happy if Spurs overhaul them.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've only just watched the Vardy sending off - great call from the ref.

Do you think so? I've watched it at least 10 times and I still think his foot was caught and their legs tangled, then he went down a bit theatrically. When you're running a tthat pace it's not possible to stay on your feet if your foot is caught like that. I guess I'm in the minority though.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Originally I thought it was never a yellow card. Having watched it again you can see Vardy runs across the defender, with the inevitable consequence that he goes down.

On a more positive note, that man from Argentina could become Leicester's hero!

But if he runs across the defender and gets caught that's a foul isn't it?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Vardy is a foul-mouthed, diving, racist thug but that seems to have been brushed under the carpet somewhat. I guess it doesn't quite fit in with the current "fairytale" narrative.

Given that Leicester cheated all their creditors and the rest of the division back when they went into administration and got a new stadium out of it, cheated the division AGAIN when they flouted FFP rules to get promoted a few season back, and have since been named by that doctor as one of the clubs who's players are doped up to the eyeballs (which would at least partly explain this "miracle"), I'm not overly fussed about the current LCFC love-in. I'll be quite happy if Spurs overhaul them.

You're on a run of good form at the moment Easy - keep it up.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Do you think so? I've watched it at least 10 times and I still think his foot was caught and their legs tangled, then he went down a bit theatrically. When you're running a tthat pace it's not possible to stay on your feet if your foot is caught like that. I guess I'm in the minority though.

His foot is only caught as he deliberately angles his legs in front of the defender with one thing in his mind, to dive for a penalty. Got his just deserts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes. BY Vardy, in this case. HE deliberately engineered the contact - sticking his leg in between the defender's. Then threw himself forward looking for a pen. Ref spot on.

about3.jpg

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

Cripes. He threw himself forward as if he was jumping a ravine and trying to make a grab for the other side. :nono:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
On a more positive note, that man from Argentina could become Leicester's hero!

Yep - this for me is a great reason to want Leicester to win the league. If Ulloa, in Vardy's absence, scored the goal that won Leicester the league, I'd be bloody delighted. With Spurs playing at Chelsea in a couple of weeks, it's definitely not impossible.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It might be if he was running in the same direction as the ball. In this case he started running after the ball and then went across the defender and in a different direction to its path. This, for me, shows he has created the collision.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It might be if he was running in the same direction as the ball. In this case he started running after the ball and then went across the defender and in a different direction to its path. This, for me, shows he has created the collision.

Not only that, the shot was on for his left foot, just like how he'd scored the 1st goal.

Definite dive. Got what he deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here