leeds and walsall both lose is there any chance for us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
as they have both lost we are on the same points as walsall and four behind leeds is there any chancelets be positive:ascarf:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We can definitely win our last 3.

Still need Leeds to lose one and draw one though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is still mathematically possible, but I would suggest highly unlikely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We can definitely win our last 3.

Still need Leeds to lose one and draw one though.
And Walsall have a much better GD than Albion, with an easier run-in. But we have to hope for this sort of scenario:

Albion:
HARTLEPOOL (W)
Bristol Rovers (W)
SWANSEA

Walsall:
BOURNEMOUTH (D)
Huddersfield (L)
HARTLEPOOL

Leed:
Millwall (L)
Yeovil (D)
GILLINGHAM

Not out of the question I guess - I suppose we have a chance, but it's a slim one.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
if the football league stick to their guns then there's hope. However, I fear the league urine is already starting to trickle down the league leg.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
we could catch Southend as they have two tricky games v Carlisle and Tranmere before the banana skin that is Port Vale at home (ah). Probably about a 500/1 shot that we will finish above them though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be an easier run-in, only they're a bit GASH at home, (plus Bmuff are on some form) so the fact that 2 out of 3 are there gives me hope. Cruel hope.
I suspect we'll drop points to make it irrelevent anyway. For a start, Hartlepool will feel they owe us big time.

Still, I look forward to spilling my pint over you at the Sports Cafe again as Albion march to the playoff final again in just over a year's time. :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Realistically I think there's very little chance of us making the playoffs (even if Leeds do not get any points back), but I'm an optimist and until it's mathematically impossible, then it's game on.

But ... we have to play a lot better than we did against Port Vale, Southend and Luton if we're to win our last three games.

My team for Sat would be:
Kuipers
(if Lynch fit) Whing, Elphick, Lynch, Mayo
(if Lynch not fit) Hart, Whing, Elphick, Mayo
Cox, Thomson, Racon, Westlake
Forster, Murray.

Bench: Butters, Robinson, Loft, Hart or Dixon, Sullivan.

And no diamond formation please, Dean.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And Walsall have a much better GD than Albion, with an easier run-in. But we have to hope for this sort of scenario:

Albion:
HARTLEPOOL (W)
Bristol Rovers (W)
SWANSEA

Walsall:
BOURNEMOUTH (D)
Huddersfield (L)
HARTLEPOOL

Leed:
Millwall (L)
Yeovil (D)
GILLINGHAM

Not out of the question I guess - I suppose we have a chance, but it's a slim one.

Walsalls GD is FOUR better than ours. A lot to make up in three games, I grant you, but not loads better. 4-0 win on Saturday and we're talking.

Personally I put our chances of sixth place at 12/1 [not allowing for Leeds getting points back].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports