Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Learning to love David Burke - "I’m not here to try and become the first team manager"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
'perhaps Burke is unable to bring them in' seems like a pathetic thing to say. Like any player that turns us down, does so because of Burke, and nothing else.

It's what they like to use as an excuse. They don't seem to be able to comprehend the idea that maybe we aren't the big draw that we think we are, or that there may be finance, geography, family etc that may mean they choose another club. Nope, it HAS to be Burke.

Clueless, the lot of them.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm not so sure of that, they have similar records. I agree he is surely better (it would be hard not to be!) but he's still an unproven youngster.

... and no, I don't think signing unproven youngsters on loan is a good transfer policy for a top Championship club, because it's always going to be a gamble and it doesn't benefit the club in the long run. It has nothing to do with Obika.

Birmingham took the gamble as would many lower Championship clubs, just as we did with Sidwell, Barrett, McShane etc - but I hope this isn't going to be part of our transfer policy from now on.

What are you on about, it is pretty clear we need a striker/attacking midfielder.

Considering the transfer window is closed a loan for a player who plays for Man utd (reserves, youth team) which they have high hopes for is a pretty good coup.

If he doesn't work out with our style of play then we are no worse of than we was before.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not so sure of that, they have similar records. I agree he is surely better (it would be hard not to be!) but he's still an unproven youngster.

... and no, I don't think signing unproven youngsters on loan is a good transfer policy for a top Championship club, because it's always going to be a gamble and it doesn't benefit the club in the long run. It has nothing to do with Obika.

Birmingham took the gamble as would many lower Championship clubs, just as we did with Sidwell, Barrett, McShane etc - but I hope this isn't going to be part of our transfer policy from now on.

Yep, I'm sure Preston fans felt the same when they were lumbered with a 20 yr old David Beckham...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No he won't, we're away.

Players only get injured at the AMEX, and that's because the undersoil heating is too close to the surface of the pitch.

Honest I heard it...on NSC :lol:

I thought it was the over-watering of the Amex pitch by the automated sprinklers that can't be turned off!? Or the poor training pitches at the Uni?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here