Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Le Petite S*****house, - again

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Glenn McGrath to Zimbabwe batter Eddo Brandes “Why are you so fat”?

Brandes “Because every time I f*** your wife she gives me a biscuit”

Some on NSC, how dare Brandes bring someone’s wife into sport…
I would imagine that quite a few of our past leading goal scorers are now a bit shit, yes.

Out of interest, how many other players in the club’s history have been the leading scorer in the top flight for three consecutive seasons?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Two things occur.
The OP has got his knickers in a twist over something that a tabloid lip reader said walker said maupay said.
Isn't threatening to knock someone out at least a bookable offence?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So the origin of that tale was against Australia? I didn't hear of it until it was claimed Shane Warne said it.

Out of interest, how many other players in the club’s history have been the leading scorer in the top flight for three consecutive seasons?

A Saudi Arabian thief could count those on his fingers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, on Maupay:

I like him. I get the feeling he's a decent person. He chooses to wind up people who generally deserve to be would up. Yesterday on Talksport they said he injured Leno in the game at the Amex - no he didn't. Leno was well out of position, and Neal jumped for a ball which was there to be won. The contact between them was minimal, causing no issue, and Leno hurt himself when landing and trying not to carry the ball out of the area. So Arsenal fans got upset. Neal wished Leno well, but it wasn't his fault.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyway, on Maupay:

I like him. I get the feeling he's a decent person. He chooses to wind up people who generally deserve to be would up. Yesterday on Talksport they said he injured Leno in the game at the Amex - no he didn't. Leno was well out of position, and Neal jumped for a ball which was there to be one. The contact between them was minimal, causing no issue, and Leno hurt himself when landing and trying not to carry the ball out of the area. So Arsenal fans got upset. Neal wished Leno well, but it wasn't his fault.
This entirely.

I recall Ian Wright once saying that every time he played ?Des Walker he tried to wind him up and he just didn’t react, in the end making Wright more frustrated.

Interesting comments on here. Sledging/talking to the opponent goes on in most professional sports….

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A bit of perspective - yes he was our top scorer for 3 seasons, but the context is this was during a time we made shitloads of chances every game, had no other real finishers of note and were world renowned for being utterly shit at finishing - remember Barry Glendenning's apt quote "Brighton's all-passing no-scoring performance art project".

So swings and roundabouts a little!

Whilst not "shit", he was hardly a goal machine for us, let's not rewrite history. Scored some vital late goals but missed an absolute boatload more, hence finishing 16th that season when our xG put us 6th and we consistently outplayed sides.

Ultimately we've moved on and our overall striking/goalscoring situation is far, far healthier now than it was when Neal Maupay as our main striker.

As for the shithousery - I enjoy it.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next time Maupay plays against Maguire. Surely a player ripe for winding up and with a high potential to respond too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Fair play to Maupay.

This goes on at every level of football.

I remember a lad in my U16 team saying quietly to the opposing forward that he was going to burn down his house and rape his mum.

The guy then got booked for pushing him :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Some on NSC, how dare Brandes bring someone’s wife into sport…

We are talking about different things. I used to like Maupay in his period with us so to try to turn it into a pro/anti Maupay debate is a bit past its sell by. I was happy we sold him when we did though and that was a point I made to a group of Everton supporting kids who were loving they got our top scorer for 14 million. I think I was proven right. None of this of course is what the thread is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here