Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night was SHIT

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hi there Northampton fan here

First of all sorry for the guy that got offered out. Really not the game to be behaving like that but every club has a few.

As for the rest of the posts, they are very patrosing. What most of you miss out is that you were totally outplayed even before the sending off. Fair enough it was your reserves but you can't ignore that our play was spot on. Highlights were the headed goal which was fantastic finishing and a great cross from Gilligan.

The highlight/lowlight for me was when Michael Jacobs (who would walk into your team) turned Navarro so completely that he went arse over tit and smashed his leg up. I have never seen anyone done like that in my life, was actually shocking. In all fairness no-one realises the poor sod had been injured badly thinking it was more his pride and when it was realised Navarro got a round of applause leaving the field.

Jacobs really is one to watch and ran you ragged all night, including his goal where he waltzed past your defence

All in all a bad night at the office for you but you got the backlash from sat where we went to Torquay with the wrong selections. As for these comments "a team like
Northampton we have had good results over you in the past few years and long may it continue. Anyone remember Kuipers tantrum lol

Don't think you'll get the opportunity to continue your good results against us for a good while..
Northampton are shit, and have been for years, hence why we are embarrassed that our rezzies lost to you.
Good luck in League Two :bigwave:

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC

First of all sorry for the guy that got offered out. Really not the game to be behaving like that but every club has a few.

As for the rest of the posts, they are very patrosing. What most of you miss out is that you were totally outplayed even before the sending off. Fair enough it was your reserves but you can't ignore that our play was spot on. Highlights were the headed goal which was fantastic finishing and a great cross from Gilligan.

The highlight/lowlight for me was when Michael Jacobs (who would walk into your team) turned Navarro so completely that he went arse over tit and smashed his leg up. I have never seen anyone done like that in my life, was actually shocking. In all fairness no-one realises the poor sod had been injured badly thinking it was more his pride and when it was realised Navarro got a round of applause leaving the field.

Jacobs really is one to watch and ran you ragged all night, including his goal where he waltzed past your defence

All in all a bad night at the office for you but you got the backlash from sat where we went to Torquay with the wrong selections. As for these comments "a team like
Northampton we have had good results over you in the past few years and long may it continue. Anyone remember Kuipers tantrum lol

I don't think anyone is denying you the fact that you played well. Of course there is a lot of negativity in relation to our performance given we do have high expectations. You have to understand that we are well within our rights to complain about "losing to a team like Northampton." Look at the facts - we're a league above you, got off to a flying start at the weekend and, as I said, have high expectations. You lot, on the other hand, got off to a terrible start. That's not being disrespectful, that's just how it is. However, I would like to say you did outplay us, even before the sending off and thoroughly deserved to win on the night. Play like that and it should be a successful season for you. If you want the good results "to continue" as you put it, you'll need to get in the same league as us first :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'd have chinned the ****.

I really wanted to. And I would have had he had started something serious but to get in to a fight, midweek, over a silly comment after a loss in the league cup with our reserves given the importance of the next few days for me and my play seemed a bit pointless.

My mate joked (because we were late coming to the car) that it'd be a free ride home with the OB though. Which lightened things up after!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes we were shit, yes Northampton played well, but who cares? I would happily take a shit performance against an average League Two team if it meant promotion this season.

Who wants a cup run in the League Cup anyway?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I don't care that we lost or that you played well. I hope you win the cup. I'm more concerned that we've lost two of our first team midfielders for the near (and in Navarro's case long term) future.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yes we were shit, yes Northampton played well, but who cares? I would happily take a shit performance against an average League Two team if it meant promotion this season.

Who wants a cup run in the League Cup anyway?

This is true. A cup run would be nice, as long as its in harmony with the league and not going to f*** our league chances up as you said.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

Well we are better than we showed last night, so don't be too scathing. Also, with our strikeforce, we had no chance of winning the game. Why did you lot release Akinfenwa anyway? Enjoy your trip to Stevenage :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" the highlight/lowlight for me was when Michael Jacobs (who would walk into your team) turned Navarro so completely that he went arse over tit and smashed his leg up. "

You seem like a nice bloke.

Welly Cobb

Aug 11, 2010
Just another Northampon fan in peace here.

You had a terrible game today, but with ten men I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting. We had an absolute terrible start to the season which came about a massive collapse over ten minutes. Yesterday was the opposite - we played averagely apart from a ten minute spell where everthing just went right for us.

I think you're probably thinking a bit too much of a deal about the league difference as well though. You're not the only team that was knocked out by lower league opposition last night, and you're only as good as the team play on the day. Yesterday, you played pretty poorly, and that's why you lost.

The attendances comment was a bit silly too. Last time we were in the same division three years ago, we averaged 800 less in total a year. Only two teams between us in the attendance table. English League One - Attendance - 2008/2009 - ESPN Soccernet. We have lost a fair few on average after dropping a division again and after losing the massive away fan attendances you get when the Leeds/Southampton/Leicester teams come for their game. But we've never been as many miles apart as you seem to be making out.

You should certainly have expected to beat us after the money you've been spending/can spend though, all things considered. As a genuine question though, where's all this money coming from? Sugar Daddy scenario?

Northampton

Aug 11, 2010
I should have written that more clearly. The skill with which Jacobs turned Navarro was a sight to behold, so much so that Navarro carried on 3 or 4 feet whilst Jacobs had continued in the other direction only to be scythed down by one of your players.

Navarros injury was caused by him slipping when trying to keep up with Jacobs. Total freak accident and something no-one wants to see

P.s would you call yourselves a dirty side because there was a lot of pulling and stuff off the ball all night from you. Perhaps it was just a one off?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We didn't turn up and that is to our shame. Good for you and I hope you do well.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You should certainly have expected to beat us after the money you've been spending/can spend though, all things considered. As a genuine question though, where's all this money coming from? Sugar Daddy scenario?

Where have we spent money exactly? We have spent money on ONE player, and sold our captain. Do your research before you go spouting shit.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just another Northampon fan in peace here.

You had a terrible game today, but with ten men I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting. We had an absolute terrible start to the season which came about a massive collapse over ten minutes. Yesterday was the opposite - we played averagely apart from a ten minute spell where everthing just went right for us.

I think you're probably thinking a bit too much of a deal about the league difference as well though. You're not the only team that was knocked out by lower league opposition last night, and you're only as good as the team play on the day. Yesterday, you played pretty poorly, and that's why you lost.

The attendances comment was a bit silly too. Last time we were in the same division three years ago, we averaged 800 less in total a year. Only two teams between us in the attendance table. English League One - Attendance - 2008/2009 - ESPN Soccernet. We have lost a fair few on average after dropping a division again and after losing the massive away fan attendances you get when the Leeds/Southampton/Leicester teams come for their game. But we've never been as many miles apart as you seem to be making out.

The fact you said you average 800 less than us, in a town which has shit all else to do, and never brought more than 400 away fans down here says it all. That is while we were playing at Withdean may I add, £24 a ticket with the worst facilities in the league ???

Welly Cobb

Aug 11, 2010
We charged between £20 - £22 depending on the opposition as well. Sixfields is obviously a holy grail of leisure and luxury? Like I said, you got bigger attendances than us, I'm not disputing that. But it's hardly the David and Goliath situation some of you seem to be making it out to be.

Also, I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect a club linked to Simon Cox for £1m in league 1 to have sound financial backing, but if that's wrong then I'm sorry, that's my mistake.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
We charged between £20 - £22 depending on the opposition as well. Sixfields is obviously a holy grail of leisure and luxury? Like I said, you got bigger attendances than us, I'm not disputing that. But it's hardly the David and Goliath situation some of you seem to be making it out to be.

Also, I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect a club linked to Simon Cox for £1m in league 1 to have sound financial backing, but if that's wrong then I'm sorry, that's my mistake.

He's our new chairman (of one year) and lifelong fan Tony Bloom. Has been on the board and a major shareholder for years. Paid for the stadium (£93 million) last summer.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

We've got a sugar daddy thing, Tony Bloom is a life long multi-millionaire fan.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

These rumours are from the same people linking us with Jan Venegoor of Hesselink, Kevin Phillips, Billy Sharp and Gary Hooper :facepalm:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Firstly I'm annoyed at Gus making 7 changes as well. Should have been 11, no one cares about this cup and looking at the sides we could have drawn in the 2nd round there isn't anyone even that exciting. Secondly everyone who is saying that Gus should have let them know that it would be a reserve side need growing up a bit. I go to 80% of away games and decided not to go to this one as soon as the draw was made because it's pretty obvious that Gus wouldn't play a full strength side. I'm sure it said on the both the Argus and Seagulls site the day before that Gus would tinker with the team. I'd be worried if he didn't. Well done for travelling and supporting the side but if you thought it'd be a full team then that's very naive.

Oh and Northampton fans gloating. Your a shit side no one cares about. Enjoy League 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here