Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last night was SHIT

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Firstly got stuck in heavy traffic on the way there, (missing the start)
when we finaly did get there I saw us concede 2 bad goals

Sparrow gets a sending off which will mean he is out for at least 2 games
Navaro has aparantly broke his leg so he will be out for ages
the only food left at half time was a crappy hot dog
and all in all we were embarassed by a League 2 club!

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Their fans were a f***ing disgrace too with the clapping thing at the Navarro injury. You could tell Poyet couldn't give a shit about the match aswell as he wasn't his usual animated self on the touchline.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
A fair few Brighton fans travel the best part of 4 hours to get there and Poyet thinks it's acceptable to play a team that had no chance of winning? Utter joke.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
A fair few Brighton fans travel the best part of 4 hours to get there and Poyet thinks it's acceptable to play a team that had no chance of winning? Utter joke.

Its the carling cup, 1st round, which we have no chance of winning and we need to focus on the league. Im not being rude, but what did you expect?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the carling cup, 1st round, which we have no chance of winning and we need to focus on the league. Im not being rude, but what did you expect?

I was disappointed he made SEVEN changes though - was that really necessary ?

OK I'm not overly bothered about this Cup either, but I'd have thought the team needs time on the pitch to (ok, I'm not going to use the g-word), but you know, get used to playing with each other and hopefully take a bit of momentum into the Rochdale game.

Now its back to square one, with another 7 or 8 changes again for Saturday. I don't think thats ideal personally, but he knows what he's doing I suppose.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The most annoying thing is with all those reserves playing we go and lose two nailed-on first-teamers to injury and suspension.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

OK I'm not overly bothered about this Cup either, but I'd have thought the team needs time on the pitch to (ok, I'm not going to use the g-word), but you know, get used to playing with each other and hopefully take a bit of momentum into the Rochdale game.

Now its back to square one, with another 7 or 8 changes again for Saturday. I don't think thats ideal personally, but he knows what he's doing I suppose.

Agreed. Would go as far as saying such a move may stunt the development of the likes of J Smith and Barnes. Was pleased to see the 2 Argies were playing but Hart and Holroyd up front?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

You could see it that way, or you could look at it as one of the only oppurtunities to give the new signings (argies in particular) a shot at English football, and involve those who will have limited oppurtunities. The likes of Holroyd, Poke, Whing etc need a chance to show their worth, and this is a good oppurtunity. If you dont give them a chance, look at what happened with O'neill at Villa, he loses control of the dressing room and is slagged off the second he leaves (ok we're not on that scale but you get the jist). If he never gives the back up players a chance, they start to lose interest, and at the moment, with last nights bookings/injuries/suspensions, we need to keep the squad happy and fit.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

I don't care that we lost. It's how we lost. If we had gone 1-0 down and tried to get back into the game I wouldn't care. The fact we showed no passion is what annoyed me.

3-4 Changes would have been enough but 7? Casper needs to get used to his defence so why was he dropped? I

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Yes - we lost but if you look at a lot of the results last night those teams who expect to be in the promotion/play off frame lost last night. OK we showed no desire but that is down to the fringe players who should be hoping to get into the team. Maybe it told Poyet more about them then we give it credit. The League Cup has always been much malligned and we are just doing what the bigger clubs do.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Wenger and Fergie both throw the kids in.It's exactly what Gus did and probably where he gets it from.Why risk 1st teamers?
Gus in my books got it right.It's just a shame the fringe players didn't grab there chance last night.If they put in a good show and still lost that doesn't matter to much.It goes to show that we really lack depth to this team to trouble the top 2.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here