[Football] Kurt Zouma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Even Greenwood hasn't been charged with anything by the police / CPS yet !

If it was me - for anything like this I'd not be playing any of the players - and if you remember Dunk was still playing / around the squad with his troubles, even after being charged and waiting to go to the High Court. So like I keep saying we need to be careful not to be to 'outraged' by other clubs actions

Hang on, you’re comparing outrage expressed at a rapist, at someone disciplined by their club/dropped by sponsors/and recorded abusing an animal, and at another suspended in light of a damning video evidence of domestic assault….with a player who stood accused, that’s all, and was found not guilty/and a victim of a malicious claim?

Club bias doesn’t come into it, as it shouldn’t, because these are incomparable. So whatever it is you “keep saying”, suggest you stop due to factual inaccuracies.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He’s getting a bad press in France too both from legal authorities and a huge charity focusing on animal welfare.

Blimey, and they eat HORSES! :spam:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
While I completely condemn Zoumas treatment of the cat, why don’t people get this upset about the barbaric ‘sport’ of Fox hunting?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
While I completely condemn Zoumas treatment of the cat, why don’t people get this upset about the barbaric ‘sport’ of Fox hunting?

Many of us on nsc do, including in recent times.

For me, a hatred of the posh twats doing it and the rural thugs under their charge.

The water’s are muddied by Blair adjusting the new law at the last minute, to allow the liars to still hunt down foxes if they happen upon them. My point is that much of the general public wrongly think the issue’s been dealt with.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

BD8E2CAE-2017-4D00-9FD6-418675CCD30E.jpeg

I think people do get upset.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I do, though I have some sympathy for tradition. It’s not traditional to kick cats though. I think we now live in a world where all wildlife needs preserving. Except slugs. They can do one. Slowly obviously.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

For me, a hatred of the posh twats doing it and the rural thugs under their charge.

The water’s are muddied by Blair adjusting the new law at the last minute, to allow the liars to still hunt down foxes if they happen upon them. My point is that much of the general public wrongly think the issue’s been dealt with.

Must admit, I was left totally confused by it so what is the situation now? You can chase a fox but not kill it? How on earth does that work if the poor thing dies from exhaustion? And I heard basically a lot of Hunts ignore the law and foxes are still killed illegally but it’s hard to prove? Is that basically how things are currently?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I do think that the nature of fox hunting is understood by the general public though. I know many disagree with me on here but I'll say it again :), there is too much focus on the fox at the expense of the bigger problem (IMHO) of the systematic breeding of dogs (and shooting at half their natural lifespan) for fighting.

It's described as "hunting", but it's really a nasty "sport" like dog fighting except one participant is a fox.

Any PR defending foxes will only go so far, because many people do understand the fox as being a bit of a pest and not endangered. (*)

I wish there was more publicity about the hounds since we are apparently a country of dog lovers. The agnostic would change their minds.

(*) They can be a bloody nuisance up here, but to put that in context I found one trapped in my property and helped the RSPCA (that was fun) catch it and release it.

- Are you used to foxes ?
- Yeah, I was brought up in the country but they are hard ******** up here.
- Tell me about it...

It didn't thank me, it tried to bite me. Ungrateful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Must admit, I was left totally confused by it so what is the situation now? You can chase a fox but not kill it? How on earth does that work if the poor thing dies from exhaustion? And I heard basically a lot of Hunts ignore the law and foxes are still killed illegally but it’s hard to prove? Is that basically how things are currently?

They can hunt a laid down scent, BUT if they happen upon a fox the collective force of dozens of hounds, huntsmen and poshboys are permitted to then chase for as long as takes until eventually ripping it apart. Other wild animals and sometimes pets can also be collateral damage, torn to shreds. Youths on the hunt seeing their first kill, get fox blood smeared across their nose as an initiation ‘trophy’.

In reality illegally hunts still do as they please, including digging out cubs and chucking them to the foxhounds to get them blood thirsty.

One of the reasons I voted for Des Turner in 1997 was to see the end of ALL hunting with hounds, no ifs or buts.

Gutted when the legislation shifted to allow all the above.

I’m in Caroline Lucas’s constituency who’s got a fantastic record on such matters.

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan, I’d absolutely luv it if the next parliament crushes all fox hunting for good.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I love seeing a fox, beautiful creatures. Especially the really cunning ones that wear waistcoats and a monocle.

My mum (in Sussex) gets them in the garden every single night and they are a really good way of getting rid of waste food environmentally. They eat anything and everything.

I know some people frown on that, but it's far better than putting in the bin. Next day everything is gone, always put in the same place.

If you have never seen a fox deal with an egg, who have missed something. They never eat it there, they carefully pick it up in their mouth and carry it away.

Up here they wander around in the day, are usually tooled up, limping and wear baseball caps backwards.

Having seen both a lot, the difference between the behaviour of the city dwelling and country fox is remarkable.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Theresa May supports fox hunting but famously reneged on a pledge to bring it back as PM when she realised how toxic the issue is.

The Tories were shit-scared of being seen as an animal-hating party. Animal welfare is a huge issue for a lot of Brits.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Animal welfare is a huge issue for a lot of Brits.

.. and a number of prominent Tories to give them credit. When I remember back to the ban, although it was more widely supported within the party those within who wanted it banned were the most vocal.

Anne Widdicombe springs to mind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Theresa May supports fox hunting but famously reneged on a pledge to bring it back as PM when she realised how toxic the issue is.

The Tories were shit-scared of being seen as an animal-hating party. Animal welfare is a huge issue for a lot of Brits.

Obviously fox hunting types were traditionally posh. But rural newcomers have taken to it for some bizarre reason, wanting to be social climbers :wanker:.

In parliament there were/are passionate anti fox hunting Tories such as David Amess, whilst the oddity Kate Hoey of Labour is vehemently pro hunting. (Sorry @Clapham Gull, I know you rated her work as an MP).

Theresa May’s stance highlights her general incompetence, failing to read the room. She wasn’t even a toff, just a middle class girl from Eastbourne who went mainly to state schools.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry @Clapham Gull, I know you rated her work as an MP.

Well I'll have to defend myself there :lolol: and repeat the story.

I got threatened with court by Lambeth Council who managed to lose my council tax payments. This went on for months and out of desperation I contacted her and she sorted it in hours.

However retrospectively I'm come to consider who her as a weapons grade bat shit mental loon far better outside of public life than inside it.

After telling her that, I'd still thank her for her help though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] has just reminded me of something mentioning Hoey.

I've got a huge problem with the electoral system and although I'm clearly an urban yoghurt knitting woke liberal, I can't bring myself to turn up at an election and vote for a shoo-in.

I never voted for Hoey and one year voted for a Cat Protection candidate.

I like cats. Don't **** with cats.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They can hunt a laid down scent, BUT if they happen upon a fox the collective force of dozens of hounds, huntsmen and poshboys are permitted to then chase for as long as takes until eventually ripping it apart. Other wild animals and sometimes pets can also be collateral damage, torn to shreds. Youths on the hunt seeing their first kill, get fox blood smeared across their nose as an initiation ‘trophy’.

In reality illegally hunts still do as they please, including digging out cubs and chucking them to the foxhounds to get them blood thirsty.

One of the reasons I voted for Des Turner in 1997 was to see the end of ALL hunting with hounds, no ifs or buts.

Gutted when the legislation shifted to allow all the above.

I’m in Caroline Lucas’s constituency who’s got a fantastic record on such matters.

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan, I’d absolutely luv it if the next parliament crushes all fox hunting for good.

Thanks Westie, that blood smearing bit sounds disgusting. Who on earth would take up knowing that was to come. Revolting.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Cat owners who knowingly let their cats wander around outside of their property should be held in the same regard as Fox Hunters.

Both know their animals will kill other animals and they just don't care.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Obviously fox hunting types were traditionally posh. But rural newcomers have taken to it for some bizarre reason, wanting to be social climbers :wanker:.

In parliament there were/are passionate anti fox hunting Tories such as David Amess, whilst the oddity Kate Hoey of Labour is vehemently pro hunting. (Sorry @Clapham Gull, I know you rated her work as an MP).

Theresa May’s stance highlights her general incompetence, failing to read the room. She wasn’t even a toff, just a middle class girl from Eastbourne who went mainly to state schools.

The hunts have always been absolutely full of (and followed by) working class participants where I come from (Mid Devon) including my late grandfather (100% Labour-voting working class). I know loads of people who are/have been involved, none of them are posh. The Masters usually tend to be (my old Bank Manager when I first joined after college was one, we never saw him on Wednesday) but not always the majority - unfortunately that doesn’t suit the ‘Tory Toff’ narrative though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports