NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
675353D2-373B-4C26-8279-C7850D3141EE.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I may have missed something here, but while I agree that West Ham should have suspended the cat kicker, and that Manure immediately suspended Mr Greenwood, and that Raith changed their mind over Goodwillie, we are still happy to play players that are under investigation for criminal activities. I am not making any judgements on whether anyone is guilty or not, but given the anger shown here, shouldnt we be careful to make sure our own house is in order

Comparing Biss's investigation to Zouma/Greenwood/Goodwillie:

Zouma - the evidence of illegal torture is there for all to see, no dispute.

Greenwood - audio and photos of the incident and aftermath have been published.

Goodwillie - the civil case judge Lord Armstrong discredited the evidence of the rapists and found the evidence of the victim "compelling" and “Both defendants took advantage of the pursuer when she was vulnerable through an excessive intake of alcohol and, because her cognitive functioning and decision‑making processes were so impaired, was incapable of giving meaningful consent; and that they each raped her.” Goodwillie had his day in court, which the judge assessed as "My general impression was that, particularly in relation to his assessment of the pursuer’s condition, his evidence was given with a view to his own interests rather than in accordance with the oath which he had taken".

Bissouma - at this stage, only the police and parties involved know the facts. No one should judge.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Adidas on Kurt Zouma: “We have concluded our investigation and can confirm Kurt Zouma is no longer an adidas contracted athlete.”

No messing!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Greenwood incident is in the hands of the law. Once he was arrested, the media had to stop publishing details.

In legal terms, you shouldn't pass judgement on a public forum either!

Mason Greenwood, as far as I am aware has yet to be charged, making it almost impossible to discuss his situation and alleged crimes on social media .

I take the point about social media, but part of the stuff about all this is that Zouma has not been charged with anything either...... Although I believe the RSPCA has now taken his cats away.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even Greenwood hasn't been charged with anything by the police / CPS yet !

If it was me - for anything like this I'd not be playing any of the players - and if you remember Dunk was still playing / around the squad with his troubles, even after being charged and waiting to go to the High Court. So like I keep saying we need to be careful not to be to 'outraged' by other clubs actions

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Adidas on Kurt Zouma: “We have concluded our investigation and can confirm Kurt Zouma is no longer an adidas contracted athlete.”

No messing!

I said to my animal-loving daughter last night, who was gutted by West Ham's $$$$ stance, that Zouma will pay a heavy financial price with the loss of his boot contract for starters.

This imho is an example of corporate image/social media pressure working well. Well done Adidas :bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even Greenwood hasn't been charged with anything by the police / CPS yet !

If it was me - for anything like this I'd not be playing any of the players - and if you remember Dunk was still playing / around the squad with his troubles, even after being charged and waiting to go to the High Court. So like I keep saying we need to be careful not to be to 'outraged' by other clubs actions

Difference here - there's clear video footage of the torture.

So everyone knows he's a criminal abuser, regardless of whether legal action takes place.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I take the point about social media, but part of the stuff about all this is that Zouma has not been charged with anything either...... Although I believe the RSPCA has now taken his cats away.

You said there appeared to be more “fuss” over Zouma than Greenwood.

I’m simply explaining why coverage of the latter HAD to stop after a few hours - it’s now an active legal case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You said there appeared to be more “fuss” over Zouma than Greenwood.

I’m simply explaining why coverage of the latter HAD to stop after a few hours - it’s now an active legal case.

Yep.

Once Greenwood was arrested which was in quick time, discussion and internet chat about his case, was deleted or curtailed. Redcafe for example deleted a huge thread, whilst media outlets dropped all mention except robotically reporting he was being interviewed and then bailed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I may have missed something here, but while I agree that West Ham should have suspended the cat kicker, and that Manure immediately suspended Mr Greenwood, and that Raith changed their mind over Goodwillie, we are still happy to play players that are under investigation for criminal activities. I am not making any judgements on whether anyone is guilty or not, but given the anger shown here, shouldnt we be careful to make sure our own house is in order
Our own house is in order unless you believe in "guilty until proved innocent".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here