[Football] Kurt Zouma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We have the chant ready for him. To the tune of the Tom Jones classic :

'Zouma kicks pussycats whoaai' etc

To the old classic ref chant "Who's the w*nker in the black"..... Who's the w*anker kicked the cat

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no idea if this is serious or not. It's the most melodramatic reaction by a distance if it is.

Obviously, his career isn't over. He won't be signed by the Albion any time soon, no way he would pass any kind of personality test and we prefer to grow our own defenders anyway. But a career ended by abusing an animal? No chance, let's keep things a little in perspective.

I am being serious. Sad so many people seem to think it is not a big deal, seems 50/50 on West Ham fan site as well. For me I would not want him anywhere near our football club but each to their own. Some people do not think Animals have any rights and that is their opinion. For me I think West Ham should get rid as soon as possible as every game he will be involved in will be toxic

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I am being serious. Sad so many people seem to think it is not a big deal, seems 50/50 on West Ham fan site as well. For me I would not want him anywhere near our football club but each to their own. Some people do not think Animals have any rights and that is their opinion

There should be consequences for such behaviour, but losing your career pretty obviously shouldn't be one of them.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There should be consequences for such behaviour, but losing your career pretty obviously shouldn't be one of them.

Not sure, it is up to the Employer I guess as to whether they want to employ a person like this

SAC

May 21, 2014
It has taken me until now to watch the video as I expected it to be quite mild and blown out of proportion. I was very wrong, it's awful.

He wont lose his job over it. He will get dogs (or cats) abuse everywhere he goes.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
At the very least a week or months wage donated to cat rescue charity.

Not as if he'll miss it, the overpaid C***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

In normal world I'd say more likely than not you would lose your job.

But no football club is going to get rid of a £30M+ asset for 'free' because of it

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
In normal world I'd say more likely than not you would lose your job.

But no football club is going to get rid of a £30M+ asset for 'free' because of it

What are you talking about? How could any company dismiss someone for a video of them kicking a cat?! How would that stand up to any kind of employment tribunal?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What are you talking about? How could any company dismiss someone for a video of them kicking a cat?! How would that stand up to any kind of employment tribunal?

If they were prosecuted because of it. Gross misconduct. I've had similar things happen in places of work for things out of work.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Unless you're head of the RSPCA...

FWIW, as much as I despise cruelty to animals and think it reflects very badly on someone's character, I'm with you on the need for perspective.

Hopefully the reaction to this will highlight the error of his ways and bring about genuine change to his treatment of animals (other people's, obvs, as he shouldn't be allowed to keep pets after this), but to end someone's career over something that (if it ever made it that far) would result in a small fine at worst, seems way OTT.

If I were him, I'd be taking a long, hard look at myself and make a serious donation or two to animal charities (easy for him) and put some serious time into supporting their work, campaigns and so on (less of a cop-out), to show some remorse and demonstrate his contrition.

It's up to West Ham (& their fans) whether they feel strongly enough to do something about it, but this is hardly of the David Goodwillie / Raith Rovers magnitude (IMHO)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Should any of the posters admitting to one off blunders be permanently banned from the site for their shocking acts of cruelty? No.

One-off? Blunder?!

Does it look like the first time? Does the young kid look shocked? Does the guy filming? They're actually laughing.

The guy needs serious recalibration. And the child taken away in the meantime.

Not impossible. Some reading for you...

https://www.davidsonmorris.com/brin...nging a company,their employer down with them.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

He probably will have a "bringing the club into disrepute" clause within his contract, however I agree with you that he's very unlikely to be let go for free, or even shunned for too long.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They're at home to Watford tonight, I would guess he won't be in that squad but will make the next one and everyone will have forgotten this come March.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If Lee Hughes can continue a career after causing death by dangerous driving and doing a runner from the scene of the crime, I'm pretty sute Zouma will be alright for booting the cat. That's not to excuse it - I couldn't imagine hurting my dog albeit I've had violent thoughts about the neighbours cat when it shat in the garden - but just to add a sense of proportion. The Tweet machine seems more up in arms over this than it did Mr Greenwood which is far far worse.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Quite frankly, I wouldn't want Zouma alongside me in the team or anything to do with him if I were a team mate. A suspension for a couple of weeks and some counselling might change his attitude as will the dogs abuse (ironic) that he will get now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports