[Football] Kurt Zouma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Couldn't get the video to play?

Confession time: when I was 19 I kicked our cat once. And I have spent the last 30 years feeling guilty about it. Never forgotten what I did in a fit of annoyance. I loved that cat. I treat my own (rescue) cat like a queen.

Hopefully, it was a one off and he'll live and learn too.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Total nut job. We are living in a truly strange time. More than the actual cruelty it’s the naivety and blasé attitude around how he was likely to be perceived once it inevitably went viral. Obviously a dubious character indeed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Confession time: when I was 19 I kicked our cat once. And I have spent the last 30 years feeling guilty about it. Never forgotten what I did in a fit of annoyance. I loved that cat. I treat my own (rescue) cat like a queen.

Yeah l know what you mean, l treated our cat like **** when l was a kid, and feel sooo guilty about it now l'm an adult.

Like you l have had several rescue cats over the years, and treat them all with so much respect now.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Vile...absolutely vile. The laughing you hear, & treating it as a "joke" (as evidenced on the video), 100% shoots down his half arsed apology. Hes just sorry he got caught. Total scumbag.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Shame the game has changed and there are no enforcers left anymore. In the old days you would've been able to count on Jones/Pearce/Dicks/Keane to give him a good kick this weekend to see how he likes it.

What would be poetic justice, is 4 or 5 burley fellas dressed up in cat costumes, give Zouma a dose of his own medicine then post that to snapchat

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What would be poetic justice, is 4 or 5 burley fellas dressed up in cat costumes, give Zouma a dose of his own medicine then post that to snapchat

Just one-on-one - this is a fight I could get behind.

james-corden-cats-0.jpg

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

This was not the same. It seemed to be done in a calm manner as a 'joke'.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yes I think so but only private prosecutions

Technically it's a private prosecution but it's heard in the Magistrate's court and (IIRC) requires the same level of proof, ie beyond reasonable doubt.

There was a plan to stop these and, instead, pass details to the CPS.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Obviously I'm not condoning your past actions, but there is quite a difference between kicking a cat in a fit of momentary anger to launching a sustained and prolonged attack, gaining evident enjoyment and hilarity from it and filming and presenting it as entertainment for the masses.

You regretted your actions solely because of what you did to your cat, as I assume there were no consequences for you. He will only regret his actions because of the consequences for himself. Your remorse is therefore genuine. His is not.

Sadly the only thing he will probably learn from this is to not post his deviant behaviour on social media. Thankfully he (or his brother) were foolish enough to do so which will hopefully help to prevent any further suffering being caused to his cat or any other animal that might have had the misfortune to become his household pet.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Time to wheel out one of my favourite quotes from a dusty old philosopher:

"Since compassion for animals is so intimately associated with goodness of character, it may be confidently asserted that whoever is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
(Arthur Schopenhauer)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Technically it's a private prosecution but it's heard in the Magistrate's court and (IIRC) requires the same level of proof, ie beyond reasonable doubt.

There was a plan to stop these and, instead, pass details to the CPS.

There was a plan to get the CPS to prosecute both Customs (Border Force) and RSPCA cases but as the CPS has been decimated there just aren't enough qualified solicitors.
As you rightly say, their prosecutions are held in the magistrates' courts ie criminal courts.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can't remember which one it is, but there's an American first nation tribe, who never hurt an animal smaller than themselves.

I've always remembered that (apart from who they are).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports