Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Two questions:

1) What is a "batty girl"?

2) When is their England song going to be released?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
1) Blaming drill for knife/gun/gang crime is an incredibly short sighted. Whilst it can be pretty… extreme with its lyrical content, it’s actually a tangible lifeline out of the cycle of guns and drugs for a lot of people from some of the poorest areas in the country. Not only does the rapper face the chance of breaking out of that lifestyle but they’re normally able to bring fellow rappers from their area with them as well as video directors, producers, management teams etc.

The thought process that it encourages gang violence is; imo, just the latest blanket excuse used by the media to explain away an incredibly complex issues. It’s no different to the claims that violent movies, video games, rock and roll etc etc cause violence. Despite YouTube removing videos at the request of the Met Police U.K. Drill has gone from not existing 5 years ago to a chart chopping genre which racks up frankly ridiculous amounts of views and streams. If it really had the negative effect some people have then surely there would be an extremely large rise in knife crime statistics, and whilst there is a slight rise in those numbers it’s hardly the cataclysmic rise you’d expect if the most popular sub genre of music in the country had any tangible effect on it.

Ironically the reasons why banning or censoring drill is a terrible idea was actually covered by… Krept and Konan.

2) I’m not sure why we everything must now come back to Brexit but neither Krept, nor Konan have every rapped about people voting for Brexit as ‘niggas’. Even if they did I’m not sure why them having a political opinion in a song would be a bad thing. Just another tick on the angry middle class gammon checklist, I guess.

Woah there Pardner.......I said clearly I wasn’t for censorship, merely that drill rap is hard to understand as it does have negative connotations. I don’t think that’s controversial.

My point, having had a good old peek through the rap window of Messers Krept and Konan is my surprise at the frequent use of the term “nigga” and the deeply sexist tropes in their art. It’s not often I clutch the metaphorical pearls, but for these 2 lads going through their journey to find an anthem for England in the euros, their disgust at a sketch by baddiel and skinner which had skinner blacked up as Jason Lee, given their lyrics seems hypocritical. That’s before we get to the England team kneeling for racial justice whilst also getting down with these two that commonly use the term “nigga” throughout their music.

I may be getting old, but understanding how often the term “nigga” is used by K&K whilst in all other forms of life it’s the n-word was a surprise.

Re point 2) it’s in “my life”.

“Multicultural gang, million races
**** mid Brexit, them niggas is racist
I bought my dad a house, that's what niggas do“

It’s the same song where they sing **** Teresa May.......at least there’s a lyric we could agree on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Getting them to write the official England song does feel a bit like asking Frankie Boyle to hand out the prizes at a primary school sports day.

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's see what they come up with. They have to produce something for a whole different crowd now, which I should imagine is quite a difficult thing to do. Whatever comes out it needs to be uplifting and memorable. Just hope they don't go all political, that will put loads of people off.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Presumably they've already apologised for this, yeah?

https://www.givemesport.com/1681075...nts-are-part-of-wider-issue-for-womens-sports

What a refreshing attitude they have towards women judging by their lyrics:

Why's it always them bad girls that are good kissers?
Probably why I keep on ****ing with these hood bitches
****ing with them hood bitches
Yeah, ****ing with them hood bitches
(They don't know about me, they don't know about me)
****ing all them hood bitches

Regular pair of Lennon and McCartney's, aren't they?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Presumably they've already apologised for this, yeah?

https://www.givemesport.com/1681075...nts-are-part-of-wider-issue-for-womens-sports

What a refreshing attitude they have towards women judging by their lyrics:

Why's it always them bad girls that are good kissers?
Probably why I keep on ****ing with these hood bitches
Yeah, ****ing with them hood bitches

Regular pair of Lennon and McCartney's, aren't they?

I like G Love better.....

All her friends think I'm nice and sweet (Sweet one)
Is it bad if I pipe and leave?
Her ex man fell off, she made man jollof
And said 'It's better than rice and peas" (No way)
Ciroc, no chase
Your bum can't fit in them jeans, there's no space
I tell her come climb on my wood and go ape

“Better than rice and peas”, good job they are dispelling stereotypes.......

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Orl-ta-geth-ah-nah..

Pussy tight, draw fi yuh vaseline
Feel like a virgin, it hard fi go in
Ah the tightest pussy mi ever seen
Push it inna yuh belly, make yuh bawl and scream
Scream, make noise like police siren
Make yuh touch water like a submarine
Submarine, push it up inna yuh spleen.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Krept and Konan grew up in one of the roughest estates in London, in the Gipsy Hill area of South London.
:

No f##### surprise :eek:

Orl-ta-geth-ah-nah..

Pussy tight, draw fi yuh vaseline
Feel like a virgin, it hard fi go in
Ah the tightest pussy mi ever seen
Push it inna yuh belly, make yuh bawl and scream
Scream, make noise like police siren
Make yuh touch water like a submarine
Submarine, push it up inna yuh spleen.

:ohmy:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Woah there Pardner.......I said clearly I wasn’t for censorship, merely that drill rap is hard to understand as it does have negative connotations. I don’t think that’s controversial.

My point, having had a good old peek through the rap window of Messers Krept and Konan is my surprise at the frequent use of the term “nigga” and the deeply sexist tropes in their art. It’s not often I clutch the metaphorical pearls, but for these 2 lads going through their journey to find an anthem for England in the euros, their disgust at a sketch by baddiel and skinner which had skinner blacked up as Jason Lee, given their lyrics seems hypocritical. That’s before we get to the England team kneeling for racial justice whilst also getting down with these two that commonly use the term “nigga” throughout their music.

I may be getting old, but understanding how often the term “nigga” is used by K&K whilst in all other forms of life it’s the n-word was a surprise.

Re point 2) it’s in “my life”.

“Multicultural gang, million races
**** mid Brexit, them niggas is racist
I bought my dad a house, that's what niggas do“

It’s the same song where they sing **** Teresa May.......at least there’s a lyric we could agree on.

1) Yeah, my bad. But the problem which most people don't realise is that drill is being censored. Quite severely, too. Not only is it almost entirely whitewashed from mainstream radio (We're taking about 35m+ views on some songs that never seen any radio play because of the genre) but the Met police also pressure Youtube in to deleteing tracks that they feel incite violence. As (probably) the NSC expert on UK Hip-Hop it's a weird situation. You have young men talking about a life where they end up in gangs where they make money from drug dealing and general gang related crime so the police delete it. It's such a backwards mindset. "You're talking about stabbings, which could give you a way out of that kind of lifestyle, so we're going to block you from exploting this talent because we're worried it incites violence... and now you're back to needing to make money through violence." It's entirely backwards.

There are so many success stories to come out of the U.K but the Met Police are actively trying to close down a genuine route out of the hood for a lot of people. It's backwards to me, and so when people obviously don't fully get Drill I'm more than happy to give the opposite view. There's a reason a subgenre that is hidden from the mainstream media is still going from strength to strength. It's arguably the biggest musical export the U.K has had in years - the British drill sound is world wide now, even in America where our rap scene is seen as a joke.

1.5) If black people want to reclaim a word that was used to opress them for generations, then I'm not sure it's anyone elses business to tell them they can't. I understand the 'everyone can say it, or nobody can' mindset, it does make sense at first but my way of looking at what it is, there's things I'd say about family members when they've annoyed which if anyone else said I'd lose the plot. We all have things we can say but others can't!

2) If you've checked out the lyrics then you should have seen that the lyrics you're quoting are from the guest verse by Skepta. Maybe I'm being pedantic, but it's not fair to claim K&K said something when they didn't actually say. I can get people sneering at lyrics handpicked to make them look bad (despite some genuinely brilliant lyrics in the discography). I also think any muscian making a political point is a good thing. People can't both be annoyed that they only rap about women and other sterotypes but then ignore a lot of their storytelling tracks and moan when they say anything political!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So ignoring all the background bollox, is the "song" any good I have given up trying to find it?

Typical of most things today the actual subject is lost in the media circus.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Two questions:

1) What is a "batty girl"?

2) When is their England song going to be released?

1, Batty is a homophobic slur- well Batty Boys is- used by various rappers for the "gonna **** up those batty boys- shoot them, beat them kind of lyrics. lovely stuff, just what us gay boys and girls like to hear

2. im not convinced it exists and this is a whoosh moment for us all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here