Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Krept and Konan grew up in one of the roughest estates in London, in the Gipsy Hill area of South London.

Krept grew up with his dad and older brother both in prison, whilst Konan was in and out of prison himself for a string of petty offences. They started taking music seriously in 2009/10. In 2011 Konan was followed home by two men who broke in to his house and shot his stepdad dead in front of him. Rather than resorting for tit for tat revenge and violence they doubled down on their music; including the song ‘My Story’ which details the shooting

Picking music was the right choice as their mixtape became the highest charting mixtape ever, a top 20 independent mixtape with no promotional push. Since then they’ve had 2 albums in the top 5 of the charts, as well as two more mixtapes making the top 10. They’ve also had numerous freestyles rack up millions and millions of views.

In 2016 a rapper called Cadet wrote an entire track to his cousin, Krept, in an attempt to get their relationship back on track after years of drifting apart.’Letter to Krept’ garnered a lot of attention and Krept replied to the song, squashing all the petty problems that had came between them. The two songs racked up 16.5 million views between them. When Cadet tragically lost his life in a car crash in 2019 Krept sent one last letter to his cousin, an absolute gut punch of a track

But even if you don’t respect them musically it’s pretty hard to look past their work outside of the entertainment industry.

Their Positive Direction Foundation gives teenagers from the same estates K&K grew up on a chance to move in to the music industry with numerous different workshops - https://www.influencerintelligence....onan-Launch-The-Positive-Direction-Foundation

Their desserts restaurant (ingeniously called Crepes & Cones) hires young offenders in the hope of giving them a chance at rehabilitation.

So basically they’re two kids who had a frankly horrific start in life who with next to no outside help have turned themselves in to successful businessmen who support their local community. But of course it’s NSC so huh huh rap is rubbish, let’s dissect one of the radio friendly singles and write them off. Obviously

:annoyed:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Krept and Konan grew up in one of the roughest estates in London, in the Gipsy Hill area of South London.

Krept grew up with his dad and older brother both in prison, whilst Konan was in and out of prison himself for a string of petty offences. They started taking music seriously in 2009/10. In 2011 Konan was followed home by two men who broke in to his house and shot his stepdad dead in front of him. Rather than resorting for tit for tat revenge and violence they doubled down on their music; including the song ‘My Story’ which details the shooting

Picking music was the right choice as their mixtape became the highest charting mixtape ever, a top 20 independent mixtape with no promotional push. Since then they’ve had 2 albums in the top 5 of the charts, as well as two more mixtapes making the top 10. They’ve also had numerous freestyles rack up millions and millions of views.

In 2016 a rapper called Cadet wrote an entire track to his cousin, Krept, in an attempt to get their relationship back on track after years of drifting apart.’Letter to Krept’ garnered a lot of attention and Krept replied to the song, squashing all the petty problems that had came between them. The two songs racked up 16.5 million views between them. When Cadet tragically lost his life in a car crash in 2019 Krept sent one last letter to his cousin, an absolute gut punch of a track

But even if you don’t respect them musically it’s pretty hard to look past their work outside of the entertainment industry.

Their Positive Direction Foundation gives teenagers from the same estates K&K grew up on a chance to move in to the music industry with numerous different workshops - https://www.influencerintelligence....onan-Launch-The-Positive-Direction-Foundation

Their desserts restaurant (ingeniously called Crepes & Cones) hires young offenders in the hope of giving them a chance at rehabilitation.

So basically they’re two kids who had a frankly horrific start in life who with next to no outside help have turned themselves in to successful businessmen who support their local community. But of course it’s NSC so huh huh rap is rubbish, let’s dissect one of the radio friendly singles and write them off. Obviously

no one said rap was rubbish ...or blues , hip hop or reggae ........the issue here is the by passing of hundreds of tunes that may well have galvanised the country in support of the team at the Euros in favour of a tune that is going to turn a lot of people off and also bring about a lot of raised eyebrows and incredulous comment .....really , honestly , do you not get that ...?? just needless shit stirring in my opinion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I like them

Rap is anything but rubbish, I have great respect for any music that has Bollox, attitude and passion.
People that don’t get that, or don’t bother to understand it, are the ones who say it’s rubbish. You don’t have to like it, but show respect, before saying you hate all rap, is kinda kin to being somewhat racist and bigoted.

Having said that I hate the beatles their proper shite.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Rap is anything but rubbish, I have great respect for any music that has Bollox, attitude and passion.
People that don’t get that, or don’t bother to understand it, are the ones who say it’s rubbish. You don’t have to like it, but show respect, before saying you hate all rap, is kinda kin to being somewhat racist and bigoted..

All of this.

Having said that I hate the beatles their proper shite.

Have you considered just adding this to your signature to save time?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Just a wild guess.
Many of us are probably 30+ years older than yourself, we have seen the lyrics (post #2) and made comments.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s racist & bigoted if you hate all rap !! You got out of bed on the wrong side or something ? . Last time I looked we were living in a free country and you can like or dislike any music you want to .

I like rap , if it’s words that are not offensive and come with a good melody - like Wham Rap.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It’s racist & bigoted if you hate all rap !! You got out of bed on the wrong side or something ? . Last time I looked we were living in a free country and you can like or dislike any music you want to .

I like rap , if it’s words that are not offensive and come with a good melody - like Wham Rap.

Not exactly what I said, and that comment is aimed at people we all know, that hate rap, just like taking the knee, they don’t understand it, don’t defend your stance on rap, if you’ve nothing to be offended by, Christ most revolutionary music uses or has used profanities to shock.

Not the wrong side at all, same side, same shit to deal with like you everyday, it’s hard enough this life.
Let’s not fall out before 9am, life’s too short, let’s agree to disagree and that the beatles are shite :)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What am I missing here, -has anyone heard this official song for euro 2020(2021) yet. Ive done a search on the usual places and nothing comes up other than various stories on how the this duo are "grappling" with writing it?

Given the Tournament starts in a few hours it should be all over everywhere, or have I been "Whooshed" on a cosmic level?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What am I missing here, -has anyone heard this official song for euro 2020(2021) yet. Ive done a search on the usual places and nothing comes up other than various stories on how the this duo are "grappling" with writing it?

Given the Tournament starts in a few hours it should be all over everywhere, or have I been "Whooshed" on a cosmic level?

Still working on the sing-a-lomg chorus, I'd guess.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not exactly what I said, and that comment is aimed at people we all know, that hate rap, just like taking the knee, they don’t understand it, don’t defend your stance on rap, if you’ve nothing to be offended by, Christ most revolutionary music uses or has used profanities to shock.

Not the wrong side at all, same side, same shit to deal with like you everyday, it’s hard enough this life.
Let’s not fall out before 9am, life’s too short, let’s agree to disagree and that the beatles are shite :)

I’m not bothered about the Beatles , if you had dissed Duran Duran on the other hand !!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Good to see all of these lads in this thread :lolol:

4de7db85f6fdf3e4e9ef880c843684b51ae1d0e9.jpg

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

In the current social environment some Rap music is hard to understand.

I am no expert on Drill but this appears to be a factor in violence between gangs, and predominantly black gangs which in some cases involved deaths. I am not for censorship by any measure, however to those outside rap culture, it appears that rap as an art can be negative.

Similarly, and taking Krept and Konan’s work it is evident that they regularly use racist and sexist tropes. Even Brexit get’s a mention in “my life” with those voting for it described as “niggas”.

This approach is hard to get my head round, on the one hand yesterday’s programme about them coming up with the anthem for England in 2020 was rooted on the racist past of football in England (and Bulgaria). Yet in 2021 they regularly use a term that in their art that is so offensive the general public ordinarily can’t even hear it. That is not to even begin on the frequent references to bitches getting smoked with “Jake the snake” etc. Which to be fair is amusing in a 12 year old behind the bike sheds way, but ultimately puerile nonsense to adults.

Nonethelss, if it is the case that young black men have the whip hand over young white men on the use of racist terms and sexism then that’s fine, us honkies just need to know the rules, otherwise it is hard to understand and people like Ollie Robinson will have their careers damaged.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In the current social environment some Rap music is hard to understand.

I am no expert on Drill but this appears to be a factor in violence between gangs, and predominantly black gangs which in some cases involved deaths. I am not for censorship by any measure, however to those outside rap culture, it appears that rap as an art can be negative.

Similarly, and taking Krept and Konan’s work it is evident that they regularly use racist and sexist tropes. Even Brexit get’s a mention in “my life” with those voting for it described as “niggas”.

This approach is hard to get my head round, on the one hand yesterday’s programme about them coming up with the anthem for England in 2020 was rooted on the racist past of football in England (and Bulgaria). Yet in 2021 they regularly use a term that in their art that is so offensive the general public ordinarily can’t even hear it. That is not to even begin on the frequent references to bitches getting smoked with “Jake the snake” etc. Which to be fair is amusing in a 12 year old behind the bike sheds way, but ultimately puerile nonsense to adults.

Nonethelss, if it is the case that young black men have the whip hand over young white men on the use of racist terms and sexism then that’s fine, us honkies just need to know the rules, otherwise it is hard to understand and people like Ollie Robinson will have their careers damaged.

1) Blaming drill for knife/gun/gang crime is an incredibly short sighted. Whilst it can be pretty… extreme with its lyrical content, it’s actually a tangible lifeline out of the cycle of guns and drugs for a lot of people from some of the poorest areas in the country. Not only does the rapper face the chance of breaking out of that lifestyle but they’re normally able to bring fellow rappers from their area with them as well as video directors, producers, management teams etc.

The thought process that it encourages gang violence is; imo, just the latest blanket excuse used by the media to explain away an incredibly complex issues. It’s no different to the claims that violent movies, video games, rock and roll etc etc cause violence. Despite YouTube removing videos at the request of the Met Police U.K. Drill has gone from not existing 5 years ago to a chart chopping genre which racks up frankly ridiculous amounts of views and streams. If it really had the negative effect some people have then surely there would be an extremely large rise in knife crime statistics, and whilst there is a slight rise in those numbers it’s hardly the cataclysmic rise you’d expect if the most popular sub genre of music in the country had any tangible effect on it.

Ironically the reasons why banning or censoring drill is a terrible idea was actually covered by… Krept and Konan.

2) I’m not sure why we everything must now come back to Brexit but neither Krept, nor Konan have every rapped about people voting for Brexit as ‘niggas’. Even if they did I’m not sure why them having a political opinion in a song would be a bad thing. Just another tick on the angry middle class gammon checklist, I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here