Votes: 11 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can’t make my mind up. Both seem to play a brand of football that we’d enjoy

De Zerbi does seem to fall out with his board a bit, appears to have left clubs fairly quickly and has periods of poor form. Though he has two season where his side did very well.

Knutsen seems to be happy at one place for longer but managed at a very low level barring the European exploits. He’s regarded as a winner and bodo are very good but it’s the equivalent of Scottish division 1.

Knuts has also mastered English and seems to be very big on the emotional intelligence/man manager piece.

I think De Zerbi might need a translator for a few months or even a permanent side-whisperer as the great Marcelo Bielsa did (although that didn’t stop him becoming the best manager in the EPL of all time).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Edging towards KK if I have to pick

Bit worried if he has a middle name as some on here will get a little bit excitable.

Or did you mean Keggy Keegle?

Dfwuox8XcAAdDMD.jpg

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
It’s beginning to look as though it’s between Knutsen and De Zerbi.

Who gets your vote?

I won’t be either. My vote would go to Marcelo Gallardo whose at River Plate and rumoured to have had Barcelona interested in him a while ago. I don’t think either Knutsen or Zerbi have the experience to make the jump straight into the PL.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Code:
I won’t be either. My vote would go to Marcelo Gallardo whose at River Plate and rumoured to have had Barcelona interested in him a while ago. I don’t think either Knutsen or Zerbi have the experience to make the jump straight into the PL.

As others have already said, I don’t think he’s a realistic option. I’d love to be wrong!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Knuts has also mastered English and seems to be very big on the emotional intelligence/man manager piece.

I think De Zerbi might need a translator for a few months or even a permanent side-whisperer as the great Marcelo Bielsa did (although that didn’t stop him becoming the best manager in the EPL of all time).
Funny you say that about zerbi as to me it feels like he's similar to bielsa with the pressing game and wild results / no defence. Football hipsters absolutely love him. It worries me that Donetsk spent quite big and then failed fairly miserably in the champions League last season.

He must be good though as loads of big Italian clubs get linked to him (like juve)

Naylor mentioned him this morning so he's definitely in the top 2 at the moment.

Also interesting side note with zerbi is that bmuff wanted him but he turned them down as owned by a Russian !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Zerbi has the experience for sure....

4 seasons in serie A / champions League experience.

Knutsen definitely doesn't have enough experience.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

His next club will indeed be a Barca type club. Most certainly not a club like brighton.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
People saying Gallardo wont come here, why, we are an attractive club, hes another Potter in the fact that big clubs dont want to take a chance on him, they want to wait and let a smaller club do that.

If Barca wanted him he would be there now.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
From what I've read both of these are very interesting characters with fairly impressive CVs. Interested to see who comes in but either sound decent.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

When De Zerbi signed for Shaktar Donetsk, he said he wanted to improve his English so I'm guessing its not great though he probably has studied it for a while now.

People saying Gallardo wont come here, why, we are an attractive club, hes another Potter in the fact that big clubs dont want to take a chance on him, they want to wait and let a smaller club do that.

If Barca wanted him he would be there now.

Marcelo Gallardo is the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world, if you're able to drop your eurocentrism you'll realise how unlikely it is for him to move from River Plate to Brighton.

Stumpy Tim

While it is unlikely, I wouldn't rule out Gallardo. Maybe he feel he needs European experience before taking one of the big jobs. It happens with players so why not managers? I assume he'll get a significant pay-rise coming to Europe too.

We're 4th in the Premier League... we are an attractive option right now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Gallardo. There's more chance of Cameron Diaz giving me a Boston Pancake than him coming here. Forget it. It's ludicrous.

Knutsen-ball is almost identical to Potter-ball and his team have done well in Europe. He'd fit in tactically. Issues would be that we'd need to rebuild all the backroom staff as well and we now have some pretty big playing names. Would Lallana, Welbeck, Trossard for example respect him?

Still my favourite though, just because we've spent two seasons now working on playing a precise way and we'd just got it.

I've never heard of Gallardo. But looking at his resume it seems he is a level above us. I don't know what a Boston Pancake is in that context, but I'm guessing that it's an unachievable fantasy where Cameron Diaz is concerned (is that a bloke ?) I'm not judging you :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've never heard of Gallardo. But looking at his resume it seems he is a level above us. I don't know what a Boston Pancake is in that context, but I'm guessing that it's an unachievable fantasy where Cameron Diaz is concerned (is that a bloke ?) I'm not judging you :lolol:

As much as GB is potentially a fan of Cameron Diaz, I’d very much hope that he’d turn down the invitation of a Boston Pancake with the woman concerned. Whilst it holds up as a great analogy on the basis of something being unachievable, if the quoted mod is actually fantasising about this specific event occurring, many on NSC would be very saddened indeed and might wish not to dine in the company of this man ever again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As much as GB is potentially a fan of Cameron Diaz, I’d very much hope that he’d turn down the invitation of a Boston Pancake with the woman concerned. Whilst it holds up as a great analogy on the basis of something being unachievable, if the quoted mod is actually fantasising about this specific event occurring, many on NSC would be very saddened indeed and might wish not to dine in the company of this man ever again.

Have you seen [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] 's posts? I'm afraid once you've done our mod initiation ceremony you're never the same again.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Had to Google a Boston Pancake. Wish I didn't, can feel my breakfast regurgitating :sick:

However Google Cameron Diaz and you'll get a far better result :love:

River Plate plays in front of 70,000 mad fans. Can't see it happening personally.

https://youtu.be/E42dV-GEOXg

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
When De Zerbi signed for Shaktar Donetsk, he said he wanted to improve his English so I'm guessing its not great though he probably has studied it for a while now.

Marcelo Gallardo is the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world, if you're able to drop your eurocentrism you'll realise how unlikely it is for him to move from River Plate to Brighton.

Hes won all he can a River, project completed he wants to try Europe, (his words) if he is only destine for the big clubs he might not get that chance. Lets get rid of this hes to big a name for little old Brighton. Dont enquire we will never know.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Had to Google a Boston Pancake. Wish I didn't, can feel my breakfast regurgitating :sick:

However Google Cameron Diaz and you'll get a far better result :love:

River Plate plays in front of 70,000 mad fans. Can't see it happening personally.

https://youtu.be/E42dV-GEOXg

COMUNICADO OFICIAL Marcelo Gallardo

"I've been in this club, with 70 000 fans showing up each week and with millions of fans all over the world, as a manager for eight years now. Though of course our journey together goes further back than that - with me joining the club as a twelve-year-old back in 1988 and spending a total of 16 years here as a player in the club of my dreams, from my home town. We've won fourteen titles here during my tenure as a manager and while I know that I'm a hero - bigger than Maradona - to more than half of Buenos Aires and other parts of the Latino world, I have now decided to sign a bottom six-contract with a bottom six-budget club in England where I'll get to watch Tom Hark Preston Park quitely scratch his scrotum in the pouring rain and freezing winds."

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

A lot might depend on how much he earns! I suspect despite the fame of River Plate, we can pay far more.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
COMUNICADO OFICIAL Marcelo Gallardo

"I've been in this club, with 70 000 fans showing up each week and with millions of fans all over the world, as a manager for eight years now. Though of course our journey together goes further back than that - with me joining the club as a twelve-year-old back in 1988 and spending a total of 16 years here as a player in the club of my dreams, from my home town. We've won fourteen titles here during my tenure as a manager and while I know that I'm a hero - bigger than Maradona - to more than half of Buenos Aires and other parts of the Latino world, I have now decided to sign a bottom six-contract with a bottom six-budget club in England where I'll get to watch Tom Hark Preston Park quitely scratch his scrotum in the pouring rain and freezing winds."

Which former River Plate managers, or Boca for that matter, have moved directly to a top European club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here