[News] Kevin Spacey.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose we won't be seeing American Beauty or The Usual Suspects back on telly for a while now?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'd hesitate before finding Spacey guilty in the court of public opinion.

Me too, but I think we are in the minority. Assumed innocent is absolutely a thing of the past now. And it's not just Spacey, it's how every allegation seems to be handled these days - I blame Facebook, Twitter and LBC, although not necessarily in that order. Bah.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Me too, but I think we are in the minority. Assumed innocent is absolutely a thing of the past now. And it's not just Spacey, it's how every allegation seems to be handled these days - I blame Facebook, Twitter and LBC, although not necessarily in that order. Bah.

They are also legitimate platforms for some people to have their voice heard, in a society where some may not want to go to court through fear or as is also the case, lack of finance. These streams of information can be very useful!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
They are also legitimate platforms for some people to have their voice heard, in a society where some may not want to go to court through fear or as is also the case, lack of finance. These streams of information can be very useful!

I don't disagree in a way. But it's far too easy to ruin people - the virtual equivalent of the pitchfork mob springs up incredibly quickly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suppose we won't be seeing American Beauty or The Usual Suspects back on telly for a while now?
Michael Jackson was a paedophile, but I don't remember his music disappearing for long.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's a bit alarming that The Old Vic has set up its own 'confidential complaints process'. There are plenty of stories about his predilections knocking about but none that he's done anything remotely similar re underage boys. I for one hope there's nothing more to this story; there'll be not an iota of pleasure to be had should there be.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And so it begins, Tony Montana a film maker is alleging Spacey groped him in a LA pub! Apparently he suffered PTSD for six months after the alleged incident! What a complete melt! An insult to those people who have truly been involved In traumatic events and needed help!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
About to finally go bang for KS, have to ask why the Old Vic employed him as artistic director for over a decade!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
And so it begins, Tony Montana a film maker is alleging Spacey groped him in a LA pub! Apparently he suffered PTSD for six months after the alleged incident! What a complete melt! An insult to those people who have truly been involved In traumatic events and needed help!

PTSD for 6 months after getting your nads felt up in a club? Really?? As someone previously diagnosed with PTSD I call bullshit on that. I suspect he is eyeing up a decent payday in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here