Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I've done the 1901 once and apparently Paul Rogers was ours, I saw him walk through the lounge once, not sure what he was meant to be doing!

Mayo was paid to play for us and was paid to be a 'host'. The club don't owe him a living forever,

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
My employer thanks me everyday for my 10 years loyal service to the cause.

Oh no that's right, they don't.

Man up Ginger ninja why should a football club be any different to any other employer?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We are next door in the Lifestyle lounge.....no quiz and not much contact from hosts. Hasnt ever been an issue although I am aware that other lounges get more attention

Yep I am also in Lifestyle - as I said "when" he is there, he is the best of the hosts. Probably been there 3/4 times this season....best of the ones we get, but like you say, most matches no host at all. Not overly fussed about having a host though.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just read some of stuff he's retweeting. My God we have some utter bell ends for fans, coming up with any old shit just to get a mention from some ropey left back that played for us when were absolutely awful.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having spent his salad days at the club, Mayo became a seasoned pro and does not deserve a dressing down. As Caesar would say 'Et tu Brute'. Maybe time to move on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just read some of stuff he's retweeting. My God we have some utter bell ends for fans, coming up with any old shit just to get a mention from some ropey left back that played for us when were absolutely awful.

This.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
What a bunch of bed wetting band wagon jumpers we have on Twitter. With no information at all they leap to condemn the club. And Mayo has now decided that after stirring the shit he's not going to spill the beans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What a bunch of bed wetting band wagon jumpers we have on Twitter. With no information at all they leap to condemn the club. And Mayo has now decided that after stirring the shit he's not going to spill the beans.

Bet he wont retweet what I sent to him.
No matter the rights or wrongs his actions tonight have done the club a disservice and he has acted unprofessionally.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
"Why don't you reveal all now?”

"The club has more important matters of trying to get to the PL first"!

Then don't say anything at all you muppet... :facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If this is the case the club need to make a statement. As with any big enterprise, too many JCL's on the admin side do not realize the importance of continuity with club employees and are allowed to mismanage at an alarming level. A sad day.

Oh do behave. 48 hours before a Playoff semi-final, and you want the club issuing an official statement to justify why they've binned some bloke who reads out the lottery numbers in the 1901 club ? Continuity with employees ? He's a bloke on a mike, not one of the backroom staff. The club does not owe Mayo or any other player a permanent living. Let him have his grizzle on Twitter and scoop up a few lickers, BHAFC has one or two more important things on the horizon right now than pissing about with statements about a dumped meet-and-greet, just to placate a few bobble hatters.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
First the Reading fans celebrating after their failings and now Kerry Mayo getting sacked!?

Ginger nut biscuits!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Bet he wont retweet what I sent to him.
No matter the rights or wrongs his actions tonight have done the club a disservice and he has acted unprofessionally.

Bit strong there. Mayo was hardly a legend. He managed to stay with one club who would have paid him a considerable amount during that time. He was extremely fortunate considering he was a very average and limited footballer and would have struggled to stay in league football if Brighton had ever released him. Though being paid a considerable amount to you and I, I would imagine he was not one of the highest paid.
I was once told how much he was paid, at close to the height of his playing career at the Albion. I was shocked at how little it was.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Oh do behave. 48 hours before a Playoff semi-final, and you want the club issuing an official statement to justify why they've binned some bloke who reads out the lottery numbers in the 1901 club ? Continuity with employees ? He's a bloke on a mike, not one of the backroom staff. The club does not owe Mayo or any other player a permanent living. Let him have his grizzle on Twitter and scoop up a few lickers, BHAFC has one or two more important things on the horizon right now than pissing about with statements about a dumped meet-and-greet, just to placate a few bobble hatters.

Brilliant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As far as I know, Mayo is (was) someone who was employed by the Albion for a few hours per fortnight to mingle with guests at home games. He's not a full time employee, and he (presumably) has a "proper" job when he's not at the Amex. He's not going to suddenly be struggling to pay the mortgage.

Maybe he was on a contract that just ended? The timing may fit in with that. The season proper has just ended, and we're at that point where all clubs are releasing players: perhaps the same applies to employees.

Mayo was a very long servant to the Albion, granted, and I'm sure he's a decent chap. But he isn't owed any more by the club than anybody else is. If we go around dishing out jobs to every loyal ex-player, all of our season ticket prices would go up in no time. Nor do the club have to have a poxy press conference to explain this to us, as it's none of our business. It seems people are already jumping on the anti-Barber bandwagon over this without knowing a thing about it.

Let's wait and see (probably be deeply dull and non-scandalous anyway). If it turns out to be a shocker, I reserve the right to send a gushing tweet to Kerry Mayo, calling him a legend. Until then...I'll just see what transpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here