Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not an unreasonable interpretation of his words......"services dispensed with" maybe? Not sure it implies wrongdoing at all. My guess would be cost saving. There may well be lounges where former players play a proactive and substantial part but certainly not mine. We get Gary Civers or Kerry pop in very briefly in some matches and not at all in others (most). Mullery came in once and was better value as he spoke for ten minutes but otherwise they have offered little. Maybe they lack guidance or supervision but my guess would be the club expect them to act effectively and autonomously. From where I sit it doesnt work but more critically, 2 days before our most important game of the season, someone professing to expect respect from the club is choosing to harm it.

Sound like you maybe in the same lounge as me? Similar experience - when we do have a host, I'd say Kerry is the best - Does a bit of chat with most tables, does a sport quiz, interacts with a good many. Would be disappointed if he is replaced with worse as he was the best of the ones that came into our lounge, would understand a little more if hosts are being ditched entirely.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Looks all a bit toys out of pram and trying to turn people against the club without actually releasing any information - just what you need 2 nights before our biggest game of the season.

Without knowing facts, I've lost a bit of respect for him. Should the facts come out, then that bridge can be crossed should it happen.

Yeh, I'm sure the fact that Kerry Mayo has just been sacked and is whinging about it on Twitter is going to be keeping the players and Oscar up tonight, what a wanker.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Harsh. That's all very easy to say if you haven't just been sacked like he has. Why should he keep schtumm if he really is getting shat upon, assuming of course that he is?

Harsh maybe, but he's certainly not helping his case by doing that is he? I would hazard a guess (and it's pure conjecture) that it does seem to be more of a dismissal type thing - the only reason I say that is because after his twitter outburst I would say that his bridges are well and truly burnt. If it was a cost saving measure, or if it had just been a non extension of a contract, surely he would have accepted it with better grace with the hope of being involved with the club that he loves, in some capacity in the future. Sadly, I doubt they'd touch him after having a public shitfit 48 hours before a playoff semi final.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You have to question the logic of someone like Kerry kicking out at the club 48 hours before one of the biggest games in recent times. If he loves the club as much as he professes, surely he would have been wise to keep schtum until after the weekend? I know he's probably just venting, but retweeting his favourite "you're a legend" tweets seems a bit like an ego massage.

Id question why he has brought it up now and is trying to turn fans against the club 2 days before the 1st leg. As much of a legend he is, it is pretty poor. Saying "he will reveal all soon" is just asking for attention too - why not reveal it now ?

He seems to have gone all "Lua Lua" with the RTing and FAVing tweets siding with him despite the fact no one actually knows anything. Seemingly an ex-player could commit a serious crime yet still be defended to high heaven the way some are acting and giving the club abuse.

Oh, and there is no proof to say he has, or hasnt, been sacked. But after the last incident of someone being sacked and going through the correct procedures - i doubt the club would sack unless 100% necessary.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From personal experience I can say the Albion are forgetting where they are from and in the dash for cash are trampling over people who were there before the Amex was a hole in the ground. If you pee off the diehards then when things turn against you then you better make sure the JCL's are going to stick around and put their hands in their pockets otherwise you aren't going to have much of a club left.

It's a shame that the Albion now treat people like this and have become at times as unlikeable as any big premier club, maybe that is what is meant by Premier League ready ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But my goodness, Kerry is an absolute legend. If 90% of the people employed by BHAFC were to join together and offer up their combined worth would they equal the commitment offered by Kerry through his service?

Bit strong there. Mayo was hardly a legend. He managed to stay with one club who would have paid him a considerable amount during that time. He was extremely fortunate considering he was a very average and limited footballer and would have struggled to stay in league football if Brighton had ever released him. Though being paid a considerable amount to you and I, I would imagine he was not one of the highest paid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit strong there. Mayo was hardly a legend. He managed to stay with one club who would have paid him a considerable amount during that time. He was extremely fortunate considering he was a very average and limited footballer and would have struggled to stay in league football if Brighton had ever released him. Though being paid a considerable amount to you and I, I would imagine he was not one of the highest paid.

That is harsh. He turned down a bid from Reading to stay with the Albion. He is a rare player who stayed with one club throughout by loyalty.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well at least we have someone to blame now if we lose on Thursday.

Haha unbelievable people saying how bad the timing is. I would be VERY surprised if this has meant more than one person will now not be going on Thursday because he has been let go.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He has now said he wont reveal what happens as he doesnt want it to interfere with the club getting to the PL.

If thats the case - why bring it up at all now ?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I read it as he's quit, not sacked "as a result I will no longer be hosting.." he's also asking for a spare ticket in north on Thursday, tickets are still available so why doesn't he just buy one

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All this "how dare they treat him like this"- should we not wait until we know what's happened before rushing to that judgement?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
He was asking people on twitter yesterday if anyone had a spare ticket. I think people are getting this wrong here, I think he's been turned down for a freebie and now he's jacked in doing the hosting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That is harsh. He turned down a bid from Reading to stay with the Albion. He is a rare player who stayed with one club throughout by loyalty.

Not harsh, he wasn't very good. Don't change history.

This legend status given to all and sundry is pathetic. Nearly as bad as the shockingly poor soap opera awards

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sound like you maybe in the same lounge as me? Similar experience - when we do have a host, I'd say Kerry is the best - Does a bit of chat with most tables, does a sport quiz, interacts with a good many. Would be disappointed if he is replaced with worse as he was the best of the ones that came into our lounge, would understand a little more if hosts are being ditched entirely.

We are next door in the Lifestyle lounge.....no quiz and not much contact from hosts. Hasnt ever been an issue although I am aware that other lounges get more attention

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
All this "how dare they treat him like this"- should we not wait until we know what's happened before rushing to that judgement?

Bit late for that, people are falling over to send him comments and slag the club off despite not knowing anything. Society these days.

It seems to all be because the club havent given him a free ticket, seems incredibly childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here