Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keep Ring of Fire as the pre kick off music or not?

Do you want to keep Ring of Fire as the Pre Kick Off Music?

• Yes, keep it

Votes: 89 41.0%
  • No, ditch it

Votes: 128 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only comment I have on the whole PA thing is that we should have GOSBTS when team comes out FBS Praise you at final whistle.

Praise You was great when we first got to the Amex and still seems appropriate. As to the rest, to quote the youth of today, meh :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Only comment I have on the whole PA thing is that we should have GOSBTS when team comes out FBS Praise you at final whistle.

Praise You was great when we first got to the Amex and still seems appropriate. As to the rest, to quote the youth of today, meh :shrug:

Agreed re: GOSBTS and Praise You. And add in Right Here, Right Now played just before GOSBTS.

It seems pretty simple to me, all three have meaning to the club and RHRN is a good atmosphere building tune anyway, I think it adds bit of drama/tension.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Start of the second half today they nearly got all the way through Sussex By The Sea before the ref finally kicked off. Didn't seem too bad an intro the second half kick off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed re: GOSBTS and Praise You. And add in Right Here, Right Now played just before GOSBTS.

It seems pretty simple to me, all three have meaning to the club and RHRN is a good atmosphere building tune anyway, I think it adds bit of drama/tension.

Great call! :clap2:

Straight swap: Right Here Right Now IN! Ring Of Fire OUT! :wave:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Actually your 100% right, they are all 100% Albion and 100% Sussex, lets make them 100% ours.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s not so much the song (which I don’t like btw) but more the fact that it’s played right up until the ref blows his whistle. Tinpot and pretty shit imo as we should stop all gimmicky entertainment from the moment GOSBTS finishes and let the atmosphere build naturally from the stands. We are not Americans

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have a Competition Locally and invite Bands to write and submit a song with Brighton in the Title if the song to be used for years to come in matchdays then stick to that

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
To quote this thread, https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377700-Swansman-quot-vs-quot-Paul-Barber

"Many supporters feel that "Ring of Fire" is perhaps not the best pre-match music".

Barber commented: "we review our match day build-up and music choices before every season. It doesn’t just have to work for fans in the stadium, it has to work with our players and coaches’ requirements too, and also fit with strict timings determined by the Premier League and its broadcast partners. I agree that it is time to re-fresh it soon, and I’m sure that will happen in the summer ahead of our 10th anniversary season at the Amex."

What do you think?

I think Barber is talking bollox! Does he really think that professionals earning tens of thousands of pounds a week have a requirement for a particular pre-match tune to enable them to perform? It's nonsense.

The song has no association with the club and I have never understood why we started using it anyway.

Let's not forget that Barber binned off Gully's Girls promising us alternative pre-match and half time entertainment. Nothing ever happened (apart from a few operatic performances). The concept of GG is perhaps a little outdated now but the failure to deliver the replacement entertainment is very disappointing.

Ditch it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not so much the song (which I don’t like btw) but more the fact that it’s played right up until the ref blows his whistle. Tinpot and pretty shit imo as we should stop all gimmicky entertainment from the moment GOSBTS finishes and let the atmosphere build naturally from the stands. We are not Americans

This. Cringy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree it seems like the players are almost waiting for music to stop. Are KO's always on time to the second?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The song has no association with the club and I have never understood why we started using it anyway.
Followed an epic away day at Fulham. Was a very good choice at the time. Is rubbish now and for Barber to say "oh, we'll probably get round to changing it in the summer" is also rubbish.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Released on this day back in 1963.

I wouldn't mind hearing it again at the moment. *sigh*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here