Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keep Ring of Fire as the pre kick off music or not?

Do you want to keep Ring of Fire as the Pre Kick Off Music?

• Yes, keep it

Votes: 89 41.0%
  • No, ditch it

Votes: 128 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As posted on another thread, my choice would be this (40 seconds in)

Unfortunately Steve Parish has already bought the rights for this pre match stuff. He did an amazing deal with Wisconsin to ensure Premier League exclusivity for CPFC2010 Ltd, only £25m.

Ah, no. He got the on screen "Letters Race" and the mascot.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We had a bit of an extended one the other day didn't we .. some problem with the ref delayed kick off I think..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Johnny Cash is a bit of a hero, so I personally love the song, but can see why others may not.

I’d stick to nostalgia though and propose this foot stomper....

[yt]SOJSM46nWwo[/yt]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've always thought of ring of fire as a particularly challenging post-curry experience.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Can’t say it bothers me and some seem to enjoy it.

My biggest pre match issue is GOSBTS lyrics on the screens. Why? Everyone knows the words and it just looks like no one knows the words. It’s not very often I say the word cringe but that is definitely a cringe moment for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
"Sure the kids love it, and a woman near me swings her scarf and everything else "

This post still was saying 'No' he didn't like it but I say the fact that the crowd get behind it is reason enough to keep it . I like it anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Please please PLEASE no pre-match music for 30 seconds before kick off. Let the fans generate the atmosphere, stop trying to manufacture it. I'm certain it would then translate into a better atmosphere during the game, as the fans would already be in voice.

Also, the fact they often kick off while Ring of Fire is still going leads to the kick off - one of the best bits of a Saturday afternoon - feeling shoddy and a bit "oh, we've started?"

Bin it.

This :thumbsup:

My biggest pre match issue is GOSBTS lyrics on the screens. Why? Everyone knows the words and it just looks like no one knows the words. It’s not very often I say the word cringe but that is definitely a cringe moment for me.

But also this. The one exception still needs to be GOSBTS when the teams come out but we ALL KNOW THE WORDS NOW PAUL.

.............and relax

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Loud music at sport is ****ing shit. It's not why you're there and only detracts from the atmosphere.

Attila playing a few punk/new wave ditties on a dansette, even Slade/Flying Lizzards playing live on the pitch is a different matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As posted on another thread, my choice would be this (40 seconds in)

I reckon I've nailed this issue.

My original thought was my customary dis at us fans:-

'With 10% participation of RoF what makes you think they'll be 100% participation to Jump Around?'
(In the interests of full disclosure I don't wear a scarf and wouldn't wave it if I did)

Then it struck me.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

What if the club had 4 or 5 options available and just randomly chose one.

Jump Around.
Ring of Fire.
The criminally not used Fatboy.
Baby Shark - ok I'm reaching already.

But you know what I mean.
If we had no idea what was coming Shirley it follows we're more likely to respond when it arrives, no?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've not been one for criticising unless I can suggest an improvement.

Many fans are on the concourses literally right up to the point of kick off. The Jam could reform and play Ring Of Fire and there will still be hundreds not arsed to take to their seats.

My suggestion would be to commission Fat Boy Slim to create a bespoke Albion tune to fulfiil this purpose.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've not been one for criticising unless I can suggest an improvement.

Many fans are on the concourses literally right up to the point of kick off. The Jam could reform and play Ring Of Fire and there will still be hundreds not arsed to take to their seats.

My suggestion would be to commission Fat Boy Slim to create a bespoke Albion tune to fulfiil this purpose.

Whilst I agree, a majority of the current generation of 'lads' haven't got a bloody clue who the Jam are. Or anything they stood for for that matter.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Whatever happened to the FBSlim music? Used to play Right Here before GOSBTS and Praise You post match.
Also, Sweet Caroline was huge at the Hove lawns promotion party and yet it also never gets played.
Jump gets my vote for next season, but it wont happen as it would encourages people to stand up.

With you, apart from the dire Sweet Caroline which has nothing to do with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here