Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens to be offered extended contracts

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Typically though a 'free transfer' will just mean a big signing on fee for the player

Not always,but almost definitely in the cases where there are two or more clubs of similar stature vying for the players signature but it may still work out cheaper than actually having to pay a transfer fee. TBH the best way to look at any transfer is how much it will cost each year over the length of the contract ie the initial cost (any transfer fee paid + any other signing on fee & agent fees) plus the total wages expenditure divided by the length of contract. With the assumption that any potential transfer fee received is a 'bonus'.

Most important thing is that it offers value for money. With the recruitment team we have in place, I'm confident that majority of those incoming will prove to be.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I like Stephens but I don`t think he would cut it in the Premier League.
He`s too slow.
Top of the Championship is his level.
If he is not going to extend his contract with us and we can get good money for him now we should take it.

What nonsense.

We are not a Premier League team and so that is irrelevant. No one really knows if he could perform at that level. I actually thought Buckley would do well but hasn't.

Stephens is a brilliant player at this level and that's exactly where we are now. We must keep hold of him and Kayal. Not breakup that partnership just because you have questions marks about him. That's daft.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What nonsense.

We are not a Premier League team and so that is irrelevant. No one really knows if he could perform at that level. I actually thought Buckley would do well but hasn't.

Stephens is a brilliant player at this level and that's exactly where we are now. We must keep hold of him and Kayal. Not breakup that partnership just because you have questions marks about him. That's daft.

Thing with Buckley is he's made from Balsa wood without a spine and no desire to achieve, ability yes but happy to take the money.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I like Stephens but I don`t think he would cut it in the Premier League.
He`s too slow.
Top of the Championship is his level.
If he is not going to extend his contract with us and we can get good money for him now we should take it.

Who is better than Stephens in the Watford or Bournemouth midfield?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Depends on the player brought in. Alejandro Faurlín's contract is up at QPR, as is Alexander Tettey's at Norwich, both could be good additions. Not all good signings will include a transfer fee, the addition of Rosenoir last season proves that.

I think Tettey is a useful player.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think Tettey is a useful player.

$_1.JPG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thing with Buckley is he's made from Balsa wood without a spine and no desire to achieve, ability yes but happy to take the money.

Buckley and Lualua were both underachievers. I think it is up to the Manager to get the best out of them. Never played well together.

I like Dale Stephens and he gets a few goals.If we had another midfielder he would be able to get forward a bit more. Against the better teams Stephens and Kayal are playing against three midfielders and have their work cut out. Kayal has never been renowned as a goal scorer, but he has that turn of pace to get into attacking positions.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Nothing announced and no unsubstantiated rumours have been on NSC yet.

Whoever was feeding the rumour sites about bids from Burnley etc. appears to have shut up.

Latest rumours are that Burnley are targeting Charlie Adam (Stoke) and Joe Ledley (Palace)......all gone quiet regarding Lansbury and Stephens.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Latest rumours are that Burnley are targeting Charlie Adam (Stoke) and Joe Ledley (Palace)......all gone quiet regarding Lansbury and Stephens.
Adam will be a decent replacement for Barton, if you're still going down the clogging route.

:wink:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The Adam and Ledley story could be good news for us. Things normally kick off once contracts are up after 30 June though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here