Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal and Stephens to be offered extended contracts

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Have not heard of any Burnley interest in either Kayal or Stephens, but we do need two central midfielders to replace Barton and provide competition for Marney (32) and Jones (31) .....although Marney is easily the fittest player in the entire squad despite his age and a big favourite of Dyche.

The usual Lansbury speculation has reared its ugly head again (yawn), rumours about Westwood and Dorrans (God forbid). The only thing I do know is that Burnley had a bid for Judge rejected before he broke his leg (so Dyche may go back in January or even before) and also Alex Pritchard......Pritchard had agreed to join us on loan in February until bloody Pulis came in at the last minute and offered PL football.......and then, typical Pulis, only gave AP a measly 30 minutes as a sub spread over two games.

I'd love Pritchard at Burnley, reunited with Andre Gray, but I hear Spurs want £8 million. No chance will Burnley pay that, but maybe we get him on a season-long loan with guaranteed game time...well more than WBA gave him.

:shrug: Whatever.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Have not heard of any Burnley interest in either Kayal or Stephens, but we do need two central midfielders to replace Barton and provide competition for Marney (32) and Jones (31) .....although Marney is easily the fittest player in the entire squad despite his age and a big favourite of Dyche.

The usual Lansbury speculation has reared its ugly head again (yawn), rumours about Westwood and Dorrans (God forbid). The only thing I do know is that Burnley had a bid for Judge rejected before he broke his leg (so Dyche may go back in January or even before) and also Alex Pritchard......Pritchard had agreed to join us on loan in February until bloody Pulis came in at the last minute and offered PL football.......and then, typical Pulis, only gave AP a measly 30 minutes as a sub spread over two games.

I'd love Pritchard at Burnley, reunited with Andre Gray, but I hear Spurs want £8 million. No chance will Burnley pay that, but maybe we get him on a season-long loan with guaranteed game time...well more than WBA gave him.
You can always go for Tom Cairney, Mulumbu or Colback

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Erm. Are you serious?! Bore off! FFS. Isn't there some other forum where others might actually have an interest in your chosen team of interest? You're welcome here to come and discuss BRIGHTON relevant topics; I completely understand why you would find us more interesting, but get real. Why would you waste our time and your own chatting sh!t at that length about Burnley, of all teams, here? YAWN!

Bit harsh. We were speculating about Burnley bidding for Stephens so the Burnley fan offered some reasons why that might not be the case. I'd say that was relevant.

Thing I don't get is why £8m for Pritchard would be too much for Burnley. They spent £9m on Gray.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Burnley will poach Stephens, sadly.

Barber needs to make sure he'll cost them a LOT of millions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Erm. Are you serious?! Bore off! FFS. Isn't there some other forum where others might actually have an interest in your chosen team of interest? You're welcome here to come and discuss BRIGHTON relevant topics; I completely understand why you would find us more interesting, but get real. Why would you waste our time and your own chatting sh!t at that length about Burnley, of all teams, here? YAWN!

Well, I was interested in what he had to say and nice not to see an opening gambit of "Burnley fan in peace" and then going on to defend Barton's stamp on Kayal.

Of course he may already have played that card after the game with Burnley :smile:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I only decided to post because there was earlier reference to Alan Judge and Alex Pritchard....it seems fans of both clubs would not mind signing one or both of these players.

Today we've been linked with Oliver Norwood who, at £1.5 million, would be more in Burnley's price range.:)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I only decided to post because there was earlier reference to Alan Judge and Alex Pritchard....it seems fans of both clubs would not mind signing one or both of these players.

Today we've been linked with Oliver Norwood who, at £1.5 million, would be more in Burnley's price range.:)
Linked to Hull too, seems like good value.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Better haha

Yoda

English & European

I feel (and a Reading fan I work with) that Norwood is an over rated, biggie big b#####s. Saying that though, at £1.5 might be worth punt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The latest twitter rumours are that Burnley are preparing a £3m bid for Stephens. That is a great profit on what he cost but how could we replace him for that money, with whom.

Even later twitter rumours suggest the 3 million bid is untrue.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ha!

£3 mill is the going rate for a decent L1 Midfielder. If Burley think Stephens is Prem class (which they must if they want him) then they can start the bidding at £9 million.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
The latest twitter rumours are that Burnley are preparing a £3m bid for Stephens. That is a great profit on what he cost but how could we replace him for that money, with whom.

We turned down £2.5m from Derby last summer - I would think after the season he's had, we would be looking for a lot more now. Things could change of course if he refuses a new contract and come January we are not in the promotion mix

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Problem is that, we laugh at £3m offers however he is in the last year of his contract. If he turns us down then £3m will look a whole lot more attractive than losing him for free next year.

Stumpy Tim

Problem is that, we laugh at £3m offers however he is in the last year of his contract. If he turns us down then £3m will look a whole lot more attractive than losing him for free next year.

Stephens is a key player for us. I would rather keep him for a year and lose him then... and of course if we were to go up there's a good chance he would stay anyway.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Stephens is a key player for us. I would rather keep him for a year and lose him then... and of course if we were to go up there's a good chance he would stay anyway.

I think the Bridcutt saga is proof that if a player really wants to leave, then there's little a club can do especially if that player is in the final year of their contract.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Yep there is that argument however, IF he turns down our contract offer then he has done for a reason. Either he wants to go back up North and Burnley are offering him that option as well as playing Prem football, or we are not offering enough dosh/length of contract. Either way if we force him to stay for another season, which in effect is what we'd be doing, would we really want a potentially unhappy player on our hands?

I should imagine CH would either want him on board with a new contract in his hand or sold so that we can bring someone else in.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If a club wants to offer for Stephens you can be sure that they'll also know of any wish to relocate and make an offer with this knowledge in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here