Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Just the Diehards Left?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The mods VERY selectively put the info on one of the minor boards. Obviously the don't do this sometimes to hide their trigger happy banning of people from threads who they do not like etc. So take it with a pinch of salt.

Just out of sheer interest, if you hate how this board is run so much, why do you keep coming back ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The mods VERY selectively put the info on one of the minor boards. Obviously the don't do this sometimes to hide their trigger happy banning of people from threads who they do not like etc. So take it with a pinch of salt.

I've already warned you, and this is now your final warning.

Any more of this bitching and whining will, I regret to say, lead to you having your NSC access removed permanently.

I created the Moderating Decisions sub-forum - https://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Moderating-Decisions - in order to be as transparent as possible. I've never seen another forum with that level of transparency, although I don't doubt they exist somewhere.

The intention is to post when an explicit decision has been made to remove the posting rights of someone for a period of time and, where possible/practical, indicate why in order that others understand what has happened and why.

It was never intended that this sub-forum was used for the following:

- A temporally ban triggered by multiple warnings (or infractions as they are called in vBulletin) being issued. These work like points on a driving licence - pick up enough and a short temporary restriction is automatically imposed by the board software. Fortunately, experience shows 95%+ of people who receive a warning, politely apologise and never receive another one.

- Thread bans. This is a relatively new addition to the site and is used when someone is being destructive to the general discussion flow of a thread. It allows us to remove them from further derailing whilst leaving the rest of their posting rights in place. Often thread bans are removed in due course, after the dust has settled a bit.

NSC is supposed to be a place of fun. No one wants to remove people from threads, or take posting rights away either temporarily or permanently.

Each decision is discussed by mods and, if the group feels a mistake has been made, it is reversed.

As asked above, I really don't know why you keep coming back here - you seem to get very upset when you are here.

Please either drop your ongoing campaign, now, or we'll just agree to go our separate ways.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I use the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049, it's the number for Albion Information every day, twenty four hours a day .....

any news on the 'Player of the Month Award' for March? and, with the current 'lockdown', will they be able to get their free months hire of a Rediffusion 24" Colour TV?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't bother if it weren't for the Infinite Jukebox and a goodly number of sane and caring people on here........

....... and a few plonkers, some of whom are well meaning, a couple of whom are just pathetic.

Jan 30, 2008
Will you delete every single one of my posts if I leave? If I am no longer able to defend myself and others then I wish not to be associated at all with a site that allows posters like PPF the freedom to express their vile views and links.
It is shame as you and the others do a, generally, good job and the majority of posters are great. But the few are ruining it really.

The obsession continues :dunce:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Will you delete every single one of my posts if I leave? If I am no longer able to defend myself and others then I wish not to be associated at all with a site that allows posters like PPF the freedom to express their vile views and links.
It is shame as you and the others do a, generally, good job and the majority of posters are great. But the few are ruining it really.

Leave me out of it you stupid boy
Regards
DF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That would be fine. But it took AGES for them to act and change certain racists signatures after defending it as not offensive. (not all the mods I do not know ALL their views obviously).

In my experience [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] in particular, jump on racist (including anti Semitic) comments and innuendo like a ton of bricks.

I had a look at that sort of thing about 10 years ago and there was sometimes a short delay allowing neo-Nazi’s for example, to rapidly post vile crap.

Bozza and the mod’s take their responsibilities very seriously from what I can see.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh the NSC clique and mods are still here banning people from threads. Same old same old nsc.

Any more of this bitching and whining will, I regret to say, lead to you having your NSC access removed permanently.

I created the Moderating Decisions sub-forum - https://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?47-Moderating-Decisions - in order to be as transparent as possible. I've never seen another forum with that level of transparency, although I don't doubt they exist somewhere.

The intention is to post when an explicit decision has been made to remove the posting rights of someone for a period of time and, where possible/practical, indicate why in order that others understand what has happened and why.

- A temporally ban triggered by multiple warnings (or infractions as they are called in vBulletin) being issued. These work like points on a driving licence - pick up enough and a short temporary restriction is automatically imposed by the board software. Fortunately, experience shows 95%+ of people who receive a warning, politely apologise and never receive another one.

- Thread bans. This is a relatively new addition to the site and is used when someone is being destructive to the general discussion flow of a thread. It allows us to remove them from further derailing whilst leaving the rest of their posting rights in place. Often thread bans are removed in due course, after the dust has settled a bit.

NSC is supposed to be a place of fun. No one wants to remove people from threads, or take posting rights away either temporarily or permanently.

Each decision is discussed by mods and, if the group feels a mistake has been made, it is reversed.

As asked above, I really don't know why you keep coming back here - you seem to get very upset when you are here.

Please either drop your ongoing campaign, now, or we'll just agree to go our separate ways.

That would be fine. But it took AGES for them to act and change certain racists signatures after defending it as not offensive. (not all the mods I do not know ALL their views obviously).

Come on [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - time to rid !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Why the RANDOM use of CAPITALS?

You are on very thin ICE. if you don’t like certain posters then PUT them on IGNORE. Instead you seem to seek out what they post and TUG yourself into a SOCK whenever they write their tedious DRIVEL.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

You are on very thin ICE. if you don’t like certain posters then PUT them on IGNORE. Instead you seem to seek out what they post and TUG yourself into a SOCK whenever they write their tedious DRIVEL.

Well said, El Pres.
It's simple enough to do for goodness sake.
I've got a few on mine and it means you don't get to read the crap they post on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The big problem with IGNORE is that due a tapatalk bug/feature, the last post of a thread is ALWAYS shown in the feed regardless of whether the poster is on IGNORE or not.

This makes it impossible to avoid some of the intellectual musings and arguments put forward by the fairy.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I had to briefly unblock this tit to see what he had been saying, now I remember why I put him on my ignore list...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here