Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Just the Diehards Left?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do think the usual jokes aside that NSC does have a problem in common with most social media with unnecessarily aggressive and moronic posters. This is not just on politics threads but across the board generally. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other in fact without it what is the point in discussing anything? But the name calling, trolling and general rudeness does seem to be getting much worse in the last few months especially. I'd like to see the mods take a tougher line with it and if you are going to be rude to someone at least try and make it funny for everybody else? The standard of put down on NSC has declined considerably over the last few years :D

You are kidding me? NSC is miles better than it used to be. You really are a stipid tit.

:wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a quick read every now and then to check football related posts, but the politics on here I now find tedious and dull with the usual suspects trading insults. I find that as a result I use NSC less than I used to. I would prefer it if politics was kept out of NSC or at least had its own dedicated page so I could avoid it, but I accept that I may be in a minority here.

The politics obsession and entrenched hatred of rival politicians/supporters is possibly unique to NSC as a football forum. Party politics a relatively minor subject on every other football forum I’ve ever read. They talk about ..... football mainly, plus other stuff like TV, movies, mental health.

I’m sure NSC wasn’t like this years back.

Posting 1000’s of entrenched and bitter political statements must be cathartic for some.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone (@swansman possibly) asked about this a week or so ago.

I compared usage stats for March 2020 with the same period in 2019 and there was a 0.3% difference, so essentially exactly the same.

There’s no easy way to get post counts per day. Although I can dig into the backend database and run done SQL, but I think volumes are actually up quite a bit compared to BAU.

The virus does seem to have brought about quite rapid fire updates in posts.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The politics obsession and entrenched hatred of rival politicians/supporters is possibly unique to NSC as a football forum. Party politics a relatively minor subject on every other football forum I’ve ever read. They talk about ..... football mainly, plus other stuff like TV, movies, mental health.

I’m sure NSC wasn’t like this years back.

Posting 1000’s of entrenched and bitter political statements must be cathartic for some.

It truly wasn’t. Honestly. Go back a few years and I swear there was virtually no politics on here at all. Now almost every single thread seems to end up in pointless repetition of entrenched views. I don’t really know why, though maybe it’s symptomatic of the wider world we now live in - Trump, Brexit and so on seem to have spun the dial on people’s argumentative setting from ‘occasional’ to ‘constant and virulent’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Someone (@swansman possibly) asked about this a week or so ago.

I compared usage stats for March 2020 with the same period in 2019 and there was a 0.3% difference, so essentially exactly the same.

There’s no easy way to get post counts per day. Although I can dig into the backend database and run done SQL, but I think volumes are actually up quite a bit compared to BAU.

The virus does seem to have brought about quite rapid fire updates in posts.

How many "active" * users does NSC have compared to whenever you want to compare it to?

*define active however you want

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
4/10 must try harder :D

Extra point deducted for spelling. Check your work Wilson!!!

Come on, I had to find some way of ticking the moron box :shrug:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
@%1;

I’m hoping that by End of June we can start to see the cases drop off a lot as we win the battle. Fingers crossed anyway

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'd class myself as a diehard normally, but with so so many coronavirus threads (turning into political ones by post #3) I am generally reading less and posting a lot less than usual.

I'm spending more time on discord and Reddit away from the conspiracy theorists and other whingers and weirdos.

:lolol::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here