Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just purchased 2 season tickets for Crystal Palace.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Palace have largely remained in the championship (lets ignore the whys and wherefores of the administrations) so things have never really 'turned shit'

Pffft. You wouldn't say that if you'd sat through some of the shit I've had to put up with. Under Trevor Francis I used to sit and read the paper as it was more entertaining than the dross in front of me. Peter Taylor was a Palace hero and did well enough elsewhere, but by **** that was depressing stuff. If there had been such a thing as a Plastic Palace at any of those games they wouldn't have come back next week.

How many would turn up in circumstances? No idea. Surely any figure I give is going to be fantasy, as there's nothing to benchmark it against? I don't personally think a shit(ter) stadium would make a lot of difference to our base support which for last 20 or 30 years has been around 15000 more often then not. I grew up going to matches in the Arthur Wait where there are awful facilities and the toilets are normally three inches deep in piss. Ground share I reckon would devastate our support, as it did yours and Charlton's. But its all speculation since we haven't been through any of that any more than you've been through two administrations. Neither of us know what impact such events would have had on the other.

I don't think there's any hypocrisy in my post, so you'll have to point it out. I reckon a lot of your fanbase increase is fair weathers and have said so, and I'm sure we'll get a few plastics. I really couldn't give a shit though. I dont care if our attendence is higher than Millwall's or yours is higher than ours. Its the kind of thing that wanky Premiership fans argue about because the sad sacks think its some kind of indicator of what makes a better club. I tell you this for nothing, your fans who went to the Withdean every week are worth more than any Man United fan boasting over how many they get in Old Trafford, whether the **** goes every week or not.

It's your defence I find humorous, acting like they your plastics don't exist when they clearly do.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Pffft. You wouldn't say that if you'd sat through some of the shit I've had to put up with. Under Trevor Francis I used to sit and read the paper as it was more entertaining than the dross in front of me. Peter Taylor was a Palace hero and did well enough elsewhere, but by **** that was depressing stuff. If there had been such a thing as a Plastic Palace at any of those games they wouldn't have come back next week.

How many would turn up in circumstances? No idea. Surely any figure I give is going to be fantasy, as there's nothing to benchmark it against? I don't personally think a shit(ter) stadium would make a lot of difference to our base support which for last 20 or 30 years has been around 15000 more often then not. I grew up going to matches in the Arthur Wait where there are awful facilities and the toilets are normally three inches deep in piss. Ground share I reckon would devastate our support, as it did yours and Charlton's. But its all speculation since we haven't been through any of that any more than you've been through two administrations. Neither of us know what impact such events would have had on the other.

I don't think there's any hypocrisy in my post, so you'll have to point it out. I reckon a lot of your fanbase increase is fair weathers and have said so, and I'm sure we'll get a few plastics. I really couldn't give a shit though. I dont care if our attendence is higher than Millwall's or yours is higher than ours. Its the kind of thing that wanky Premiership fans argue about because the sad sacks think its some kind of indicator of what makes a better club. I tell you this for nothing, your fans who went to the Withdean every week are worth more than any Man United fan boasting over how many they get in Old Trafford, whether the **** goes every week or not.

It's your defence I find humorous, acting like they your plastics don't exist when they clearly do.

The hypocrisy is you are calling a selection of our fanbase plastic yet you are just about to increase your attendances for the coming season for no other reason that you will be playing Manchester United and Arsenal. These being the very clubs you claim our 'plastics' support.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Withdean was only 12 years of our history. Many fans have returned that went to the Goldstone ground in the past. You Palace WUM seem to forget that we had a home for 96 years before we were robbed by asset strippers.

Being a Palace fan doesn't make me a WUM. Its tedious throwing around such terms just because you don't like what I say. I will obviously take the piss at times and expect the same in return, but I try to have a reasonable debate too.

Point taken about the Goldstone, but that doesn't mean I have any particular respect for those returners. More than I do for your plastics of course, but less than I do for those who were there at Gillingham and at the Withdean when Brighton really needed them.

Frankly if you have a loyalty scheme, those fans should be head of the queue above everyone else for the next 20 years, even if they only come once a season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A lot's been made about how crap Withdean was but I had some great moments there too and made some good friends. This stand was home for God knows how long and it was grotty as it looked but it was the camaraderie that made me have no hesitations in renewing mine and my kid's STs each season. And we had chips.

dc7zow.jpg

Those that didn't go still missed out in my opinion.

Last edited:

The hypocrisy is you are calling a selection of our fanbase plastic yet you are just about to increase your attendances for the coming season for no other reason that you will be playing Manchester United and Arsenal. These being the very clubs you claim our 'plastics' support.

To be fair to him, he hasn't defended anything about Palace fanbase increasing due to Premiership football.

Banned
May 19, 2013

If we have local fans who have been supporting Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool rather than us, and start coming to Selhurst with their Liverpool backpacks or posting YouTube videos about us one week and chelsea the next, then yes they will be plastics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Being a Palace fan doesn't make me a WUM. Its tedious throwing around such terms just because you don't like what I say. I will obviously take the piss at times and expect the same in return, but I try to have a reasonable debate too.

Point taken about the Goldstone, but that doesn't mean I have any particular respect for those returners. More than I do for your plastics of course, but less than I do for those who were there at Gillingham and at the Withdean when Brighton really needed them.

Frankly if you have a loyalty scheme, those fans should be head of the queue above everyone else for the next 20 years, even if they only come once a season.

We have a loyalty scheme and the Withdean faithful were given extra points for the first season. That was only time as season tickets took over.
I shouldn't think any of our fans worry about whether they have your respect.

Do you realise that plastic fans go to the pub or watch matches on Sky? Plastics don't actually see football in the flesh as it were. Fairweather fans go to occasional matches. Season ticket holders are fans pure and simple.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot's been made about how crap Withdean was but I had some great moments there too and made some good friends. This stand was home for God knows how long and it was grotty as it looked but it was the camaraderie that made me have no hesitations in renewing mine and my kid's STs each season. And we had chips.

dc7zow.jpg

Those that didn't go still missed out in my opinion.

So true mate.

image.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ahhh....this thread is as golden as gold can be. Although I do have to ask the people who are defending BB a question.....why? He's a Brighton fan who has publicly announced on a Brighton fans forum that he's giving five hundred nicker to our bitterest rivals. If you think he's gonna get an easy ride on here you must be mental!

'We reap what we sow' is the saying that comes to mind. Take ya kicking BB or **** of over to BBS and try and get some loving there...I wouldn't hold your breath though fella!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
When we getting the pictures of these Palace season tickets then? :shrug:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So Palace man you going to admit you were wrong about your ST and you new very little before trying to tell us your FACTS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here