Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come off it! My comment about English as a second language was a tongue in cheek dig relating to Northern dialect and absolutely nothing to do with how ethnic groups cope with our language - very well I would imagine. :shrug:

Really? That 'North of Watford gap - can't understand what they're saying' line has worn pretty thin over the years. As a born and bred southerner who has lived 'oop north', that gibe abourt not speaking English is just so much stereotyping bollocks. Scouse, Scottish, Geordie, Brummie - not a problem with uderstanding any of them.

Put it down as bantz then, eh? (and yes, I do realise you might nave meant it that way).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Young Julio surely deserves a correctly spelt title to his thread, even if the previous thread was started in honour of NSC's failed spelling bees.
I suspect we're going to be writing plenty about our Paraguayan superstar.

Perhaps a mod could merge in the other one - please?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fascinated to see what happens with him………will probably stay in the squad until the WC break, and if he does ok there won’t be a loan after that.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why? Quite happy to have a correctly spelt alternative.

You can choose to ignore this one and stick to the mis-spelt one if you wish.

Because shedloads of other posters aren't as sharp at spelling as you and I, won't even realise it's wrong and it's bloody irritating seeing the misspelt version every time I visit the board. But hey, it was just a suggestion.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Really? That 'North of Watford gap - can't understand what they're saying' line has worn pretty thin over the years. As a born and bred southerner who has lived 'oop north', that gibe abourt not speaking English is just so much stereotyping bollocks. Scouse, Scottish, Geordie, Brummie - not a problem with uderstanding any of them.

Put it down as bantz then, eh? (and yes, I do realise you might nave meant it that way).

Hard not to say “Uderstanding” in a Geordie accent though to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interesting discussion about Julio from a Paraguayan perspective with Andy Naylor as a guest

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Andy missed a trick by not mentioning the 5 sub rule this season, which will help players like Enciso & Mitoma get game time (as long as he's not out on loan).

With him being so young (and seemigly pretty promising in the odd clips I've seen) I suspect he will be kept in house to develop with us at least for this season. Who knows he may adapt really quickly and be 1st team ready well within this season. Let's hope so.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Andy missed a trick by not mentioning the 5 sub rule this season, which will help players like Enciso & Mitoma get game time (as long as he's not out on loan).

I agree. I think the rule might see us keeping more players that would otherwise have been loaned as there is more potential for game time. I would like to see him in the squad at least until January.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree. I think the rule might see us keeping more players that would otherwise have been loaned as there is more potential for game time. I would like to see him in the squad at least until January.

Agree entirely.

I think Graham Potter was one of managers who got the best out of the covid 5 sub rule. As long as we can avoid 1st half injuries I can see us effectively replacing a 'section' of the team at times. Imagine being able to being on a raw attacking options of Enciso & Mitoma to change the course of a game early in the 2nd half along with someone like Lallana to offer some contrasting 'defensive' stability.

I can certainly envisage us working in training on swapping out pair or trios of players to introduce in order to alter the style or emphasis of the play when needed. We have enough talent.

Taking the Espanyol stating 11

Sanchez
Webster Dunk Veltman
Caicedo Mac Allister
Trossard Mwepu Gross March
Welbeck

There is plenty of attacking flair in the wings

Defence: Lamptey
Mid: Lallana Alzate Sarmiento
Forward: Enciso Mitoma Undav Maupay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here