Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It doesn't half look like he poops himself when he gets into the changing rooms? (Ironic)

[tweet]1537838531346825216[/tweet]

He has the look of someone who's just found out this is serious.
Or he's just a bored teenager with bad hair.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You’d think the club and GP will have learnt from chucking Connolly in too soon. He looked the real deal before he made the first team. I guess they’ll weigh up how big a gamble they want to take with someone who is just a kid, but if he’s good enough :shrug:

The five subs change may swing it though
Difference is, this guy has already played 1st team, and international..... Connolly was a novice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What some haven’t mentioned yet is that the club may not have made a decision yet, not just based on seeing him in training but also on what transfer ins and outs we’ve yet to come.

Eg - maybe the plan right now is to send him to Belgium for the year, but perhaps if Trossard suddenly left I think that would make a difference.

I think you're right. From the beginning I've felt that Encisco is a Trossard replacement, either this Summer (if Tross goes), or later, or squad rotation. If Tross is staying then Encisco might go to Belgium for 6 months. GP did say that the club will now help him settle into Brighton and Hove...I wonder if that's a hint he'll be in the squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the weird World Cup schedule I think it makes sense to keep Enciso here for the first 16 games and then during the world Cup break to take a view on a loan out from January depending on how the first games have gone.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It doesn't half look like he poops himself when he gets into the changing rooms? (Ironic)

Aww, how sweet! I hope he was impressed by the boot warmers..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think you're right. From the beginning I've felt that Encisco is a Trossard replacement, either this Summer (if Tross goes), or later, or squad rotation. If Tross is staying then Encisco might go to Belgium for 6 months. GP did say that the club will now help him settle into Brighton and Hove...I wonder if that's a hint he'll be in the squad.

Fortunately, we have a number of runners in the ‘Tross replacement’ race so there shouldn’t be too much pressure on the 18 year old if our Belgium star was to leave.

1. Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s young footballing messiah will guarantee thousands more South Americans are glued to watching Albion’s EPL progress this season. His pace and skill is one thing but perhaps more impressive is his quick and decisive decision making and shooting in and around the box where is he equally dangerous on either foot.

2. Reda Khadra - Only 20 years of age and had plenty of ‘best players on the pitch’ moments at Blackburn. Strong, quick and skilful with an eye for goal. However, there was some concerns from Blackburn reports around consistency and tactical awareness. These qualities will surely come but is 22/23 too early for his first full EPL season?

3. Jeremy Sarmiento - Burst onto the scene last season and looked at home in the EPL immediately. Impressive substitute appearances earned him at start at West Ham but his season was cruelly compromised by an injury in that match. He will start pre-season with the aim of starting our first game, he is that good. I’m predicting that we’ll be seeing him a lot more of him this coming season and he’ll make us very happy.

4. Karou Mitoma - Pace, dribbling skills, goals and assists. This guy looks exciting for Japan and equally impressive for USG although he is not a regular starter for the former. He needs to make our squad first but could find game time limited with Trossard and Sarmiento ahead of him.

And as for Trossard, I’m sure TB is gambling on him having a storming World Cup for Belgium and then perhaps flogging him for a fortune as the four players above should, between them, more than make up for his departure. Trossard will start against Manure and we should all enjoy him for what might be his final year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think Trossard is going anywhere until after the World Cup.

16 games for albion, World Cup, off for eye watering money in January is my prediction.

I know Tony doesn't like the January window, but this season with the World Cup just before the window seems different - with a lot more players changing teams in Jan ???

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

16 games for albion, World Cup, off for eye watering money in January is my prediction.

I know Tony doesn't like the January window, but this season with the World Cup just before the window seems different - with a lot more players changing teams in Jan ???
He’d have six months left on his contract wouldn’t he?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

With one year left in his contract!? I doubt we will get as much as we got for Biss if he goes in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I am sure he is looking at the North stand and thinking "they should put another tier up there"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Same was said when Caicedo arrived, though Caicedo went on loan last summer, he had arrived in Feb so he had a few months of settling into Brighton. I am sure Enciso will not be sent out this summer, maybe in Jan if he has not been able to get in the side, but I am expecting him to be in the match day squad from game 1.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Am I imagining it, or is there a minor undercurrent of unease about Julio, with posters almost wanting him to be a loan out, not as good as expected, player? Almost in the Percy Tau mode.
All indications are that he is for the first team squad, especially with 5 subs and an increased number on the bench.

Obviously he has to prove himself in preseason, but lets give him and the club the benefit of any doubt here, and assume that the scouts and recruiters have got it right and we have , if not an immediate Cucurella style introduction to First Team football, a impressive youngster ready to make tr it in the Premier League. We have all been saying for several seasons, why don't wee recruit for the first team rather than immediate loans, well with Cucurella we have, and perhaps with Julio we have as well

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Am I imagining it, or is there a minor undercurrent of unease about Julio, with posters almost wanting him to be a loan out, not as good as expected, player? Almost in the Percy Tau mode.
All indications are that he is for the first team squad, especially with 5 subs and an increased number on the bench.

Obviously he has to prove himself in preseason, but lets give him and the club the benefit of any doubt here, and assume that the scouts and recruiters have got it right and we have , if not an immediate Cucurella style introduction to First Team football, a impressive youngster ready to make tr it in the Premier League. We have all been saying for several seasons, why don't wee recruit for the first team rather than immediate loans, well with Cucurella we have, and perhaps with Julio we have as well

Not unease (in my case) more realism. There’s a hell a lot of traffic in front of him. Mitoma who’s been absolutely smashing it up for Japan this year, and Sarmiento who looks like a genuine gem for instance. I think he’ll be in the U23s for a while whilst training with the first team. It’s a HUGE step up. Even Tross had to put some serious muscle on to deal with the physical side of this league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am sure he is looking at the North stand and thinking "they should put another tier up there"

I am sure he is looking at the East Stand and thinking 'just how I remember it'.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

We would all love him to slot in like Cucurella did, but at 18, it is unlikely. Caicedo has looked like he has slotted straight in too, but he had been with us over a year and spent time on loan to get there, maybe he didn't need the loan, but he himself has said it was useful.
I don't think Enciso will go on loan this summer, just because we will want to settle him in, work out exactly what it is that needs working on, what his character is like etc. With 5 subs this season, I think he will be on the bench from day 1, get used to being around the rest of the team, match day routine, sound of the Amex crowd etc. and maybe get some minutes at the end of games initially, with those minutes becoming greater if he is looking comfortable, because we have enough talent in the squad to ease him in, and at £10M, he is an investment that we really want to see work out, and not have his confidence shot by being thrown in at the deep end and struggling.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We would all love him to slot in like Cucurella did, but at 18, it is unlikely. Caicedo has looked like he has slotted straight in too, but he had been with us over a year and spent time on loan to get there, maybe he didn't need the loan, but he himself has said it was useful.
I don't think Enciso will go on loan this summer, just because we will want to settle him in, work out exactly what it is that needs working on, what his character is like etc. With 5 subs this season, I think he will be on the bench from day 1, get used to being around the rest of the team, match day routine, sound of the Amex crowd etc. and maybe get some minutes at the end of games initially, with those minutes becoming greater if he is looking comfortable, because we have enough talent in the squad to ease him in, and at £10M, he is an investment that we really want to see work out, and not have his confidence shot by being thrown in at the deep end and struggling.
Good post, I agree this is how we will play it. He can play in the league Cup early too.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here