Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Cousins

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think deep down Jake thought there was a red carpet career laid out before him, but he forgot to put in the hard work and thought he could just free wheel.

In the absence of any evidence I suspect you're just projecting your own personality onto his.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The issue with JFC, if you want my opinion, is his lack of pace. He just isn't big enough to be as slow as he is.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting to contrast his playing style with the England U21s and with Brighton. For the U21s in September last year took free kick quickly, excellent through ball on ground which was passed to Wilson to put in net. . Scored a cracking goal against Derby for MKD. At Brighton he does not get a look in for free kicks. I think part of the issue is he is treated like the office junior when playing at Brighton and probably does not know how to deal with it...

I remember his first few senior games he looked really good, going forward and scoring goals (2 in 5 games?) and getting close with other. I think we need to get him playing back to his style and given the room to go forward. If he scores goals then he fits any style of play.

That said I suspect if we had a holding midfield player Kayal could get forward a lot more.... His first game for us showed what he is capable off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting to contrast his playing style with the England U21s and with Brighton. For the U21s in September last year took free kick quickly, excellent through ball on ground which was passed to Wilson to put in net. . Scored a cracking goal against Derby for MKD. At Brighton he does not get a look in for free kicks. I think part of the issue is he is treated like the office junior when playing at Brighton and probably does not know how to deal with it...

I remember his first few senior games he looked really good, going forward and scoring goals (2 in 5 games?) and getting close with other. I think we need to get him playing back to his style and given the room to go forward. If he scores goals then he fits any style of play.

That said I suspect if we had a holding midfield player Kayal could get forward a lot more.... His first game for us showed what he is capable off.

Indeed. He scored goal of the season 2 years ago.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I feel really sorry for JFC.

The 16 year old we saw spraying passes around and scoring against Southampton doesn't really exist any more. Personally I think if he'd been allowed to flourish as an attacking midfielder he would've come on in leaps and bounds and quite possibly be playing at the top level now.

As it is, 3 successive coaches have misused him and any flair he once possessed has been coached out of him, with Sami delivering the knockout blow of playing him as a deep lying DM, a role which he had neither the physique or the skill set to play in.

There seems to be a bit of alchemy about developing young players - given the correct circumstances and environment they can make a quantum leap and turn into a world beater almost overnight like Kane and Ali did. Just as easily they can disappear without a trace.

Absolutely. Four coaches in 3 years is a nightmare for young players' development.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyway. Back to Jordan Cousins..........

If Stephens and Kayal are here does he start on the bench as competition or does he play and we either go with one winger or revert to one up top?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Anyway. Back to Jordan Cousins..........

If Stephens and Kayal are here does he start on the bench as competition or does he play and we either go with one winger or revert to one up top?

Great options to have.
I'd leave it 4-4-2 personally. But any game where we want 3 in CM those 3 Stephens, Kayal and Cousins would be great.
I think he would be 3rd choice if he signed but nothing saying he couldn't win his place off one of the other 2 just like Goldson did this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here