Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Given all these top level suitors, if genuine, we aint got a prayer.

However, what about the creative approach?
A lot of these top clubs buy young players and bung them straight into a feeder club or on loan to get experience. Send Barber to chat to Chelsea and Inter and thrash out some arrangement. We get him until at least May or maybe end next season, then he has automatic release option to go the bigger club with pre contract. Whether we buy and they get first refusal at x price, or they buy and we chuck in something to have him until at least May. Getting him in for at least the run in, would be Gold Dust, as the land of 100 million per season is just over the hill.

He's not going to sign 4 or 5 years with us imho, and he wont choose us over the big guns, they may not play him just yet, so doing a deal with one of them could be a win for both clubs and player.

10/10 for thinking outside the box but I'm sure there is a flaw somewhere. :)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
For those interested he starts for Boca Juniors tonight at 9 on YouTube

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Was he any good

Not particularly but no one stood out. The mad pace of the game & constant changes of possession made it difficult to judge. Seen him & Boca play a lot better. I think he would have been a great signing: creative, pacey, loves to take a player on and is used to getting kicked in the air on a weekly basis.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
JC was an unused sub yesterday for Boca in their final league game.

Now that's just teasing..he's going somewhere and I'll be (shocked) but delighted if it is us...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why risk your prize asset when you have won everything? As suggested - Calleri must be leaving. You have to look at the likes of Inter, Chelsea & Arsenal being the obvious destinations but just the mere tiny possibility of this fella coming to us fills me with enormous wonder and excitement. If not Calleri, I'm sure January will bring us a club record signing, as Burnley have shown with Gray, a consistent goal scorer is crucial to a sustained and serious promotion bid.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why risk your prize asset when you have won everything? As suggested - Calleri must be leaving. You have to look at the likes of Inter, Chelsea & Arsenal being the obvious destinations but just the mere tiny possibility of this fella coming to us fills me with enormous wonder and excitement. If not Calleri, I'm sure January will bring us a club record signing, as Burnley have shown with Gray, a consistent goal scorer is crucial to a sustained and serious promotion bid.

I would love us to sign a consistent goalscorer but aren't we currently demonstrating that it's possible mount a promotion bid without one?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would love us to sign a consistent goalscorer but aren't we currently demonstrating that it's possible mount a promotion bid without one?

But is it realistic to expect it to continue without one? Of late we've drifted from 4 points clear to level on points off the back of too many draws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here