Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On that Boca forum post #262 says... (with the help of google translate!)

Today there was a meeting between the directors of Brighton and Boca , who asked for £ 13 million for the striker . The English offered nine . At the meeting in Boca side was John Simon ( CEO ) . £ 11 million would probably be enough. "

They put it in the forum of the English team .

I think that should be $ not £.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How far have we come that we can even talk about singing a player for this sort of money and I assume being taken seriously

so so true. Spending 500K on Hoskins and a million on Buckley was mental enough. More used to getting freebies and cast offs.

If we spent say 8 million on Calleri, i would hazard a guess that is more on 1 player, than we spent on all players transfer fees since we left the Goldstone until arriving at the Amex?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Or Patrick Bamford? on loan with the scum till Jan, done brilliantly in the championship for Play off teams last 2 seasons, and Chelsea moaning this week that hes not getting game time with Nigels.

Perfect solution for his progression Jose, Take him out of that victorian era shit pit and send him to the table toppers with a modern set up and he can get back to scoring a hatfull again?

Now this is a good suggestion. Although I still prefer the Calleri option, but have always been prepared to be disappointed on that one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wont happen, Boca want to smoke out other interested parties and the player wants to go to Inter.

He'd probably sulk anyway if he ended up having to come here, and go on strike as soon as a bigger club made a pitiful offer in order to force a move away. .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Totally wasted a fortune on dross in the 14/15 pre season.

Not enough praise or mention for Paul Winstanley imho, recruitment seems more of a team effort now, but set up now with Winstanley in recruitment has been brilliant thus far.

Good manager, good recruitment, experienced CEO, divisions best chairman. Top of the League :rock:

Yawn. I agree with all this too. We could add something about the players to that list too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On that Boca forum post #262 says... (with the help of google translate!)

Today there was a meeting between the directors of Brighton and Boca , who asked for £ 13 million for the striker . The English offered nine . At the meeting in Boca side was John Simon ( CEO ) . £ 11 million would probably be enough. "

They put it in the forum of the English team .

That one was doing the round a month or two back. It generated 10+ pages on this thread on whether the denominations were pounds, dollars, pesos, etc

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think that should be $ not £.

Current market value:
£5.25m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-calleri/marktwertverlauf/spieler/284727

I hope it's $, looking at his agents client list I'm guessing he might drive a hard bargain ....

Player(s) Nat.
Contract
Market value

Lionel Messi
Right Wing
Argentina
Spain 28 FC Barcelona 2018 £84.00m

David Alaba
Left-Back
Austria 23 Bayern Munich 2018 £31.50m

Gonzalo Higuaín
Centre Forward
Argentina
France 27 SSC Napoli 2018 £30.10m

Sergio Ramos
Centre Back
Spain 29 Real Madrid 2020 £28.00m

Mauro Icardi
Centre Forward
Argentina
Italy 22 Inter Milan 2019 £22.40m

Claudio Marchisio
Central Midfield
Italy 29 Juventus FC 2020 £21.00m

David de Gea
Keeper
Spain 24 Manchester United 2019 £21.00m

Arjen Robben
Right Wing
Netherlands 31 Bayern Munich 2017 £19.60m

Ilkay Gündogan
Central Midfield
Germany 24 Borussia Dortmund 2017 £17.50m

Daniel Carvajal
Right-Back
Spain 23 Real Madrid 2020 £17.50m

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Right Wing
England 22 Arsenal FC 2018 £14.00m

Granit Xhaka
Defensive Midfield
Switzerland 23 Borussia Mönchengladbach 2019 £14.00m

Islam Slimani
Centre Forward
Algeria 27 Sporting CP 2020 £9.10m

Stephan Lichtsteiner
Right-Back
Switzerland 31 Juventus FC 2017 £7.70m

Simone Zaza Simone Zaza
Centre Forward
Italy 24 Juventus FC 2020 £7.70m

Julian Brandt
Left Wing
Germany 19 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2019 £7.00m

Antonio Rüdiger
Centre Back
Germany
Sierra Leone 22 AS Roma 2016 £7.00m

Saúl Níguez
Central Midfield
Spain 20 Atlético Madrid 2020 £7.00m

Chicharito
Centre Forward
Mexico 27 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2018 £7.00m

Mati Fernández
Central Midfield
Chile
Argentina 29 AC Fiorentina 2016 £6.30m

Leonardo Ulloa
Centre Forward
Argentina
Spain 29 Leicester City 2018 £5.95m

Pedro Obiang
Central Midfield
Spain
Equatorial Guinea 23 West Ham United 2019 £5.60m

Benoît Costil
Keeper
France 28 Stade Rennais FC 2017 £5.60m

David Ospina
Keeper
Colombia 27 Arsenal FC 2019 £5.60m

Adnan Januzaj
Right Wing
Belgium
Kosovo 20 Borussia Dortmund 2016 £5.60m

Vicente Iborra Vicente Iborra
Central Midfield
Spain 27 Sevilla FC 2020 £5.60m

Mehmet Ekici Mehmet Ekici
Attacking Midfield
Turkey
Germany 25 Trabzonspor 2017 £5.25m

Jonathan Calleri
Centre Forward Argentina
Italy 22 Club Atlético Boca Juniors 2017 £5.25m

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Naylors story will surely be 'Inter are interested and Brighton have apparently had a bid rejected thought to be 10mil dollars....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Naylor's missed the boat on this story, the only question is whether Bloom is willing to go higher than $ 10mill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Naylors story will surely be 'Inter are interested and Brighton have apparently had a bid rejected thought to be 10mil dollars....

He confirms that Barber went to Buenos Aires in August, & Paul Winstanley has just come back after making the bis.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
with all due respect, with Inter and other supposedly 'big' clubs sniffing around, i don't think how much Bloom will spend really is the only question...

If we were promoted, we would need to spend at least that amount on a striker as I don't think any of our forwards at the moment are good enough for the Prem.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just in case they start to read this thread.

hola a nuestros amigos de boca ,
venimos en paz sobre Calleri .
lo necesitamos para que podamos vencer a nuestros vecinos sin lavar Crystal Palace .
Ellos quieren ser como River Plate y como ellos Thet no lavar y tener relaciones sexuales con sus perros.
por favor , únase a nosotros en nuestro abuso de estos ladrones gitanos aquí .. http://www.holmesdale.net
larga vida a Boca.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Just in case they start to read this thread.

hola a nuestros amigos de boca ,
venimos en paz sobre Calleri .
lo necesitamos para que podamos vencer a nuestros vecinos sin lavar Crystal Palace .
Ellos quieren ser como River Plate y como ellos Thet no lavar y tener relaciones sexuales con sus perros.
por favor , únase a nosotros en nuestro abuso de estos ladrones gitanos aquí .. http://www.holmesdale.net
larga vida a Boca.

Que?...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He confirms that Barber went to Buenos Aires in August, & Paul Winstanley has just come back after making the bis.

Obviously we don't know the whole story and I imagine that dealing with a club and agent over there will not be easy -is there a chance of this third-party ownership farce?
What encourages me is that IF these sums are correct, then the club is clearly going for it this year to get us over the line -and beyond. Sums such as 6.5 million also mean that the net can be cast much wider than the usual 1.5/2 million half-decent championship striker. If the current strike force is enough to deliver the promised land, and there is much debate about this, then it might not be necessary to spend at all in January, but a "star buy" would clearly signal intent, with its consequent positive effect on the fans. It may well bring back the missing five thousand on a regular basis. Exciting times.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'The Seagulls are also interested in another South American striker together with Calleri’s Uruguayan international team-mate Nicolas Lodeiro, an attacking midfielder.' - Have there been any clues as to who this other striker might be?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I know we can't rest on our laurels and always have to look to strengthen the squad but I do worry about upsetting the apple cart when we are on a good run. When a new player arrives the squad dynamics change whatever anyone says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here